Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,480 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
The Big Smoke

Possible New Easter Egg

The Big Smoke

Hey, forumers! GTA IV has been out for a long time now, but I think I found a small easter egg that hasn't been covered yet.

The egg is located in East Hook, aboard the Platypus. This is the same cargo ship that Niko came to Liberty City in, and is the setting for the mission "Dish Best Served Cold". On board, are several wooden crates with some text.

To those that don't speak Russian, the text reads "Warning: Radioactive Material, Nuclear Program 78. Do not damage the seal". More importantly, there is a date printed on the crates (also in Russian): October 28th.

Before being delayed to April 2008, GTA IV's target release date was late October, 2007. I believe that these crates allude to the game's original release date. This makes sense, considering the game started on board the ship, don't you think?

Feel free to check this out yourself. If you think this isn't an easter egg, please speak up!

pinkwolf14

cool

Algonquin Assassin

I'm fairly certain GTA IV's original release date was October 16th 2007. Cool find nonetheless.

Nem_Wan

As crazy as it may seem now, on May 9, 2006, GTA IV was announced with an exact release date of October 16, 2007.

The Big Smoke

Huh, I guess Rockstar did announce an exact October date. Still, a part of me feels that the 28th was the target release date at the time when they designed this part of the map (I'm guessing Broker was the first thing they made). Especially since every GTA game before IV came out around that time. Unfortunately there's no way to confirm this.

Dragonjack

I didn't know that? Well that's a pretty interesting find there man. icon14.gif

GoldenBlade

Interesting. I'll check it out next time I'm near East Hook.

The Wereodile
Huh, I guess Rockstar did announce an exact October date. Still, a part of me feels that the 28th was the target release date at the time when they designed this part of the map (I'm guessing Broker was the first thing they made). Especially since every GTA game before IV came out around that time. Unfortunately there's no way to confirm this.

I doubt the 28th was original intended date. The 28th was a Sunday, and games pretty much never come out over the weekend. I think it's a coincidence, or just a reference to the original month.

LUCAGRABACR

I searched on Google and it seems like October 28 is the end of the Cuban missile crisis happened on 1962

Wikipedia

theguardian

This is interesting, since in the BBC documentary films titled Nuclear Secrets - Part 1 - The Spy from Moscow it is suggested edit: sorry, reported (the film is based on declassified CIA & KGB files and eye-witness accounts) that the First Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, Nikita Khrushchev, was planning to launch a huge amount of medium-range missiles from Cuba to the US soil. And guess what? The missiles were delivered to Cuba by using cargo ships.

So maybe it's suggesting that the Platypus was one of the ships used to deliver short-range missiles to Cuba?

Edited by LUCAGRABACR

GoldenBlade
I searched on Google and it seems like October 28 is the end of the Cuban missile crisis happened on 1962

Wikipedia

theguardian

This is interesting, since in the BBC documentary films titled Nuclear Secrets - Part 1 - The Spy from Moscow it is suggested edit: sorry, reported (the film is based on declassified CIA & KGB files and eye-witness accounts) that the First Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, Nikita Khrushchev, was planning to launch a huge amount of medium-range missiles from Cuba to the US soil. And guess what? The missiles were delivered to Cuba by using cargo ships.

So maybe it's suggesting that the Platypus was one of the ships used to deliver short-range missiles to Cuba?

This definetly could be possible. It actually seems like this could be what the date is reffering to. It's great that you took the time to research this.

LUCAGRABACR

This definetly could be possible. It actually seems like this could be what the date is reffering to. It's great that you took the time to research this.

Thanks, I guess I just watched too many documentary films. smile.gif

The Big Smoke

Wikipedia

theguardian

Very interesting bit of info, LUCAGRABACR cookie.gif . Thanks for providing a different point of view, a Cuban Missile Crisis reference seems much more plausible.