2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAV PC version in the works, heres why.

S1LV3R_W0LF

Nah thats a fake for sure, for many reasons. The first is that GTA V would use at least 1GB, weaker games use more memory then that. Second that image is clearly from console, it's 720p and doesn't have AA, you can see the jaggies on the car and the washed out texture in Franklin head, also the draw distance is very low, and those tree leafs are very low res. And with graphics like that unless the game was capped at 60fps, it would be higher then that.

So no, thats a cheap fake and there is also a screen of that guy showing the game icon, the same icon in the Manual Desktop Application.

Yeah, there are bunch of other pics like this; definitely fake. Either using a tv capture card or a simple photoshop.

Well I have a

WOW man you really have lots of time on your hands to make this hugeass post!

Yeah unfortunately I have a lot of free time, but this started in the end of 2012, so I've got a few months to do it and not all of it was my own research, some was posted by members of these forums in individual threads that got lost, and I collected it all in the same place.

I'm sure the game will be out for PC soon, I have no doubts of that but I wish there were more clues about a real date, like some leak from retailer listing or some testing HUD files found in Rockstar website with a time frame. Something like that, all we can do now is wait, but this should ease those still concerned with Rockstar an RDR on GTAV.

I really hope they do release it for PC very soon, that way maybe we won’t see 4 or 5 topics a day about frame rate on the console versions. :rol:

@Silverwolf

I really appreciate the time you have put in to collecting all of the available information/leaks over the course of the past year and as of recently. Back on the 17th of Oct, I was unsure of a when a PC release would be or if it ever would..as I initially read on other message boards that it wont happen..it had me discouraged..but after reading this thread I no longer felt discouraged..

Cheers!

You're welcome I just wanna give other people the same belief and hope that I got myself by doing these investigations.

Of course GTA V will be released for PC, they have all been, they make inhuman amounts of $$$, and original GTA started on PC first. That's GTA 1 topdown (not GTA III). The only question is when....

I am a firm PC gamer and do not reward companies that treat PC gamers as second class. Solution - I have amazon prime (for other purposes so I am not wasting money by joining). Games are returned free of charge within a 30 day window. While I wait for GTA V PC to release I am happily playing the Xbox version which will be promptly returned and repurchased every 30 days until Rockstar delivers. I am not to be suckered into buying the game twice.

Hey guys so this is my first post on these forums, have any of you checked out this video, its basically video confirmation of those PC screenies, this could also be just capturing the video from a console who knows

YT Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L9q5z9wwuGU

Source:http://slumz.boxden.com/f13/first-gta-v-pc-gameplay-video-surfaces-rumor-1982361/

Anyone care to shed some light?

Hey guys so this is my first post on these forums, have any of you checked out this video, its basically video confirmation of those PC screenies, this could also be just capturing the video from a console who knows

YT Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L9q5z9wwuGU

Source:http://slumz.boxden.com/f13/first-gta-v-pc-gameplay-video-surfaces-rumor-1982361/

Anyone care to shed some light?

Yeah a smartass trolling with gampleay from a console. Why would he play at 720p if he gets steady fps according to his screenshots? Also his front end keys simulating the PC were added or changed some way, the definition is different, he doesn't play like a PC player with a keyboard and a mouse (he could use a controler but whats the point of a beta tester testing the game with a controller?), he got aim assist activated, the graphics are exactly the same as consoles, he could tweak the PC version to make it different but he didn't. There is nothing there that proves it's arunning on a PC, other then the video window.

This can be done in 2 ways, one is to use a TV card and play the game directly in your PC screen, the other is by laying a video in the screen and change the icon and the name of the program running. The front end keys can be added during the video edition of by modding some of the console game files.

Of course GTA V will be released for PC, they have all been, they make inhuman amounts of $$$, and original GTA started on PC first. That's GTA 1 topdown (not GTA III). The only question is when....

I am a firm PC gamer and do not reward companies that treat PC gamers as second class. Solution - I have amazon prime (for other purposes so I am not wasting money by joining). Games are returned free of charge within a 30 day window. While I wait for GTA V PC to release I am happily playing the Xbox version which will be promptly returned and repurchased every 30 days until Rockstar delivers. I am not to be suckered into buying the game twice.

Lmfao you actually go through the trouble of doing this? You my friend are why we can't have nice things. People who take advantage of return policy's are on the same level as the people who walk up to people asking for money in parking lots.

This has to be fake, I just cannot begin to imagine somebody doing that and going thru the trouble.

Edited by Gix4kix

Man, I wish I thought of this sooner. Bah woulda done that instead of getting suckered into buying this twice like I will.

On the bright side, I finally came off my binge of GTA V on Xbox 360 because I made an "all-in" investment to PIS stocks for all 3 characters, so there's no point in playing right now lest I risk compromising my saves with either wasted progress on achievements/100% or I risk losing millions of dollars should the market crash. So since I am off GTA V for a bit I decided to play GTA IV on my god tier PC (specs in signature) and man, even at 1920x1200, 60 fps, maximum settings etc. GTA IV looks like garbage compared to V, even going from my PC to Xbox. It's insane how much of an improvement was made to the engine that you could just see the difference on those ancient machines compared to my very recent PC build on their old game.

Hands down, the number one improvement for me is lighting. The way that shadows are cast in the far far distance trumps GTA IV by a million miles. Look at this comparison I made:

b3yl.png

Just make note of the angle of the sun in the GTA IV PC shot. Notice anything? 0 Shadows being cast on objects in the distance. The shadow draw distance in that game was horrible. Now compare that to what the ancient consoles from 2005 are producing today with GTA V. Nice dark shadows hundreds of meters out in the distance.

I cannot wait for GTA V to come to PC. It's going to blow next gen out of the water.

You are right man, GTA V on PC is going to be the best looking game for quite a while.

And yes I do that. Not paying Rockstar for a game twice when they should be releasing all three platforms at once. My amazon prime membership covers amazon's costs, so using the return policy does not hurt the retailer. And for me it's as simple as logging in and pushing a few buttons, no trouble at all.

chairmansaab

You are right man, GTA V on PC is going to be the best looking game for quite a while.

And yes I do that. Not paying Rockstar for a game twice when they should be releasing all three platforms at once. My amazon prime membership covers amazon's costs, so using the return policy does not hurt the retailer. And for me it's as simple as logging in and pushing a few buttons, no trouble at all.

You are abusing their system really well! Well done!

A PC title announcement might have affected preorders for xbox/ps3. They won't tell us anything for probably at least a month after Sept 17th.

Smart person, this man/woman ^.

All the people who bought this game the last few days will end up rebuying it on either the PC or the next generation consoles, it's that simple.. and I doubt rockstar is going to give all current owners the new versions for free, so people will pay twice for the game. Anybody who wants the PS3 or XBox 360 versions of the game will likely be able to get them dirt cheap in a few months.

It's win win for them. I doubt they will make any announcement of the PC or next gen versions before October at the earliest... gotta get past the return window on these versions first. Maybe they'll announce at the beginning of November... they really don't need to announce that far ahead of time, with twitter and instant spread of information.. they could release it the day they announce it and everyone would know within a week.

Another very smart man or woman. Refreshing.

Now that's very interesting.

It seems like European retailers are all pointing out for the November/ December window and they even use some estimated dates, while the American retailers are using dates like "Spring 2014".p

Btw any idea when that retailer posted a date or is like that for some time?

• Like 1

Sorry, I have no idea.. and you can't find out from the site either. I was just browsing prices on a site that shows all retailers' prices for a certain product, and I saw PC in the title :D.

They also have some system requirements up, although I don't know if they can be trusted:

* CPU: IIntel Core 2 Duo 3 GHz or similar
* RAM: 3 GB
* HDD: 20 GB free disk space
* Graphics: 512 MB Graphics Memory
* Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible
* DirectX: Version 9

Supported Graphics Cards: Nvidia 8600 or ATI 3870

Edited by ins4n3

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to do this because you put alot of effort into your thread, but this thread covers the exact same topic as the other PC thread. Theres no need for two of them.

Post this in the PC thread and PM me if you would like me to add your op in this thread to the op in that thread. I will gladly do that.

ShnePmW.jpg?5