2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAV PC version in the works, heres why.

S1LV3R_W0LF

These butthurts will never stop, so it's pointless.

The game will be here in no time and before they even notice.

Of course there will be a PC version, do we really need all that "proof"

They have said they will continually support GTA:O, adding more locations to the game world

how do they expect people to play a "last gen" game when they have new consoles?

Of course they'll release a PS4/XBOXONE/ PC version (maybe one with all the DLC added) in 2014

Apparently even with all the "proof" since 2012... it's still not enough.

GTA O have PC and Next Gen written all over it, but some people only use their head to wear a hat.

Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF
  • Like 2

this thread is retarded.

ofc it is coming to pc and next gen consoles, rockstar is sitting on a f*cking gold mine, you know how much money they would make releasing it on pc? lol, i don't know either but i'm guessing sh*tloads.

if they even considered not releasing it on pc and next gen consoles from the beginning, they need to fire their marketing guy cause he's a retard

Sunrise Driver

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/16/gta-5-for-ps4-and-pc-outed-by-xbox-360-source-code-report/

More and more FACTS are being revealed. It's time to bet money on possibility of PC release and earn a lot from blind stupid fanboy believers who still claim that GTA 5 PC never happening because of "piracy and RDR2 situation".

notshitsherlock.png

Edited by Street Mix

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/16/gta-5-for-ps4-and-pc-outed-by-xbox-360-source-code-report/

More and more FACTS are being revealed. It's time to bet money on possibility of PC release and earn a lot from blind stupid fanboy believers who still claim that GTA 5 PC never happening because of "piracy and RDR2 situation".

notshitsherlock.png

As much as I want it to be true, I still doubt this source. I could just go into notepad++ and type some random stuff there..

notshitsherlock.png

As much as I want it to be true, I still doubt this source. I could just go into notepad++ and type some random stuff there..

If you check the code it comes from (http://pastebin.com/2LEFU9Tp) it's a 1898 lines document. If this is fake, I feel really sad for the troll who took the time to do it.

I bet my balls its coming on PC, maximizing profits and allowing even more people to play the game to build their fame among players.

• Like 1

I bet my balls its coming on PC, maximizing profits and allowing even more people to play the game to build their fame among players.

+1

All the people who bought this game the last few days will end up rebuying it on either the PC or the next generation consoles, it's that simple.. and I doubt rockstar is going to give all current owners the new versions for free, so people will pay twice for the game. Anybody who wants the PS3 or XBox 360 versions of the game will likely be able to get them dirt cheap in a few months.

It's win win for them. I doubt they will make any announcement of the PC or next gen versions before October at the earliest... gotta get past the return window on these versions first. Maybe they'll announce at the beginning of November... they really don't need to announce that far ahead of time, with twitter and instant spread of information.. they could release it the day they announce it and everyone would know within a week.

Edited by stockwiz
  • Like 2

this thread is retarded.

ofc it is coming to pc and next gen consoles, rockstar is sitting on a f*cking gold mine, you know how much money they would make releasing it on pc? lol, i don't know either but i'm guessing sh*tloads.

if they even considered not releasing it on pc and next gen consoles from the beginning, they need to fire their marketing guy cause he's a retard

I'm entitled to say the exact same thing about you then, for someone that joined 2 days ago and never contributed with anything useful you have a big mouth. This thread was born in the end of 2012, back then there wasn't much people believing that the PC would get V like happened to RDR, this thread was an effort to compile every leak and hint about it.

______________________________-

On another note:

Thread edited with every new information since last update.

Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF

Great thread Silver, thanks for the news and keeping everyone's hopes up. Facts speak for 'emselves, but you reassure us.

Thekillergreece

If Consoles will be criticall success, then they make PC version...Or make next-gen consoles versions instead, for better gaming..And sales

Arman Ossi Loko

Is it so hard to believe that Rockstar Toronto won't do a port to PC? The same so called "facts" about "no PC version" were at GTA4, and now we have GTA4 somewhere look like GTA5. -.- Pirated versions they say? There are few of them on TPB already (console versions of course). Also, what do you think they are "scared of pirating GTA5 PC version"? If Valve could have secured CS:GO so much that even today we can't get the pirated version normal to play, then R* can do the same...

FranklinDeRoosevelt

It is DEFINITELY coming to PC. Trust me. Look how good it looks and runs on the consoles, apart from some people having bugs and sh*t, otherwise it is running PERFECTLY for people like me, PC's will make it look even better and run better therefore a lot of people will get interested.

It is DEFINITELY coming to PC. Trust me. Look how good it looks and runs on the consoles, apart from some people having bugs and sh*t, otherwise it is running PERFECTLY for people like me, PC's will make it look even better and run better therefore a lot of people will get interested.

No one is debating anymore whether it's coming to PC thanks to people like Silverwolf and Brian, there's enough evidence to suggest it's being worked on. So enough of the "trust me" and "of course it's coming to PC", so annoying how people keep parroting that.

Edited by jimmycakes

I've asked a couple of times for people to recreate the promotional screenshots that people like me and Brian said looked like rendered in DX11 based on the effects, shadows and light, but till now no one did it, not here or in other forums where I requested it to people that already have the game. But I found this video where we can see one of those scenes (different time of day) but where it's clear the real look og the graphics and that would be impossible to photoshop or by adding a light like so many claimed. This is another fact that proves the PC version (enhanced version with higher resolution assets) exists at least since the 2nd trailer. And Rockstar Toronto made the port for GTA IV, Rockstar Vancouver made Max Payne 3 PC Vancouver studio was shut down and fused with Toronto, which joined the team responsible for the PC version of GTA IV with the team with the enhanced knowledge of RAGE. So while Rockstar North worked in the current gen version the Canada studio might be working in the PC version like they did with Max Payne 3 which ended up being a master piece in terms of compatibility with PC.

We have a saying in my country that says "In a winning team we don't touch", so Max Payne 3 was an example of perfection, so knowing Rockstar that is the only way to go, and by doing that they can use it to also delive rthe title for Next Gen. So it doesn't make any sense to do it in any other way.

Here's the picture I was talking about, it's clear the assets are very different from the promotional screen and no way that was photoshopped:

http://oi39.tinypic.com/9ubywi.jpg

Taken from the 720p version of this comparison video:

And like I said before, once the game was released people would see how different it would be from most of the promotional shots, the only thing is they weren't Photoshop, Rockstar just did the same that Ubisoft is doing with WD. They are promoting the higher assets version the only difference is that as for Rockstar that version doesn't exist yet.

• Like 1

This is a cool post Silver, well done. Some of this stuff I had no idea about. What took the cake for me was the one about the ex-Rockstar employee.

Anyway, I believe that Rockstar Toronto won't be porting this GTA, and that Rockstar Leeds will. They were the ones looking for a PC programmer, and with their recent port of LA Noire, I think that porting duties have fallen to them, and Toronto is working on maybe Bully 2 or some other game.

ryanburnsred.gif

I mentioned Toronto, because now they are together with Vancouver that was who made Max Payne 3 for PC and nailed RAGE. The engine is the same of Max Payne, which means is already optimized and enhanced for V, which will also spare them time with the hundreds of possible configurations. In Max Payne 3 you could use a computer with DX9, DX10 or DX11, you just had to chose, pick your settings and thats it, it ran great on every machine with the right settings. I don't believe Rockstar would put to waste that achievement, without forgetting the fact that having a higher assets version with latest tech would make their life easier for a port on Next Gen, meaning more income. And let's be honest with GTA V for current gen + PC + Next Gen with the online game Rockstar will get the whole market at their feet.

APB is a game I play for a while but is almost good as dead, although those guys get insane profit, because some people can't stop wasting money on everything. They have 2 Europe Servers, some American, and Asian if I'm not mistaken, each of those servers have thousands of players in a daily basis, and the game is boring as hell but people just can't stop playing for some reason, even i return to it from month to month. If Rockstar does it right they can take over that market very easy, depending on their choice if micro-transactions a monthly fee or anything they can make millions across all platforms. Without forgetting that for PC it need to be an original copy, pirated won't work so maybe those not planning on buying it might do it just for the online.

Rockstar is a company that works for money, they don't do their job based on what people think or like to be, if there is money involved they'll go for it.

• Like 2

I'd like to chip in with this: http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoGamesycs65a12qv/Grand-Theft-Auto-5-GTA-V-

Quick edit: Out in 64 days on: 22/11/2013* but *Please note that release dates are subject to change by the manufacturer

If its true release date is also for Xbox one and rockstar must be releasing pc and next gen at same time

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

These butthurts will never stop, so it's pointless.

The game will be here in no time and before they even notice.

Is ash workin on it ?

I'd like to chip in with this: http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoGamesycs65a12qv/Grand-Theft-Auto-5-GTA-V-

Quick edit: Out in 64 days on: 22/11/2013* but *Please note that release dates are subject to change by the manufacturer

If its true release date is also for Xbox one and rockstar must be releasing pc and next gen at same time

I personally don't think they will launch the next gen versions so soon without any hype/fanfare ...

Edited by Aanja

It seems that every retailer is now pointing to the same release window October - November and it's going as I thought it would.

They must know something... fingers crossed.

Ash working in what? The only thing he said was that there was some file from XB360 with the PC front end keys but nothing else.

Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF
  • Like 1