2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAV PC version in the works, heres why.

S1LV3R_W0LF

theworldfamous

Wow.. I didn't need that much arguments. It stands to reason that GTA V will be released to PC at some point later in time. It also stands to reason that the timegap will be large enough to make a healthy profit off the console versions. Could even be a year or more. The PC, unfortunately, isn't a big moneymaker so they'll probably only put it out once console sales are tapering off and the game starts to drop in price. They'll probably try to coincide it with a smaller title on next gen consoles.

Wow.. I didn't need that much arguments. It stands to reason that GTA V will be released to PC at some point later in time. It also stands to reason that the timegap will be large enough to make a healthy profit off the console versions. Could even be a year or more. The PC, unfortunately, isn't a big moneymaker so they'll probably only put it out once console sales are tapering off and the game starts to drop in price. They'll probably try to coincide it with a smaller title on next gen consoles.

PC sales are fine, and the PC market actually passed Console markets,

problem is it's not focused on any one game. *As it should be, Imagine if 95% of Xbox sales were Call of Duty, it would cripple the industry*

It's incredibly broad and spread out, about 1/4 of the Market isn't even proper games, but flash games, facebook games, etc.

Watch Dogs will keep me busy till GTA V hits PC

i would have considered it but it's ubisoft, i dont buy their sh*t anymore seeing as how they treat the pc platform with mass amounts of needless drm, and accuse us of being pirates as well.

I forgot that I already ordered Rome II and ArmA III back when I actually had money, so those should keep me busy on PC platform until PC GTA. and Ill have GTAV On PS3 as well,

Every console version of WD is a port from PC!

Ubisoft is a god awful company, and their security incompetence is on par with Sony. they recentley had a massive leak which could have comprimised more than just Ubisoft's accounts. Ex: If someone used the same username for uplay, and Steam, the hackers just gained access to both of them *you shouldn't do that anyway*.

It looks like a cool game but I won't be buying it on launch, maybe a year later when it's price drops

Finn 7 five 11

problem is it's not focused on any one game. *As it should be, Imagine if 95% of Xbox sales were Call of Duty, it would cripple the industry*

It's incredibly broad and spread out, about 1/4 of the Market isn't even proper games, but flash games, facebook games, etc.

For most games PC titles do sell significantly less than console titles.

and their security incompetence is on par with Sony

Only on par with the old Sony security before they got hacked. What they have now is a lot more secure.

This feels similar to back in the days when GTA IV DLC was exclusive to xbox 360. The xbox fanboyz sneered & gested, saying "DLC WILL NEVER COME TO PS3/PC", while the rest of us pleaded R* to give us our share.

And behold, DLC came to ps3 and PC anyway. R* never said anything about dlc NOT coming to ps3/pc, but simply said its on xbox 360 for now. Same case here. GTA V is definitely coming out on PC, they just want to milk the life out of the consoles before dropping the bomb that its coming out on the superior PC.

For most games PC titles do sell significantly less than console titles.

and their security incompetence is on par with Sony

Only on par with the old Sony security before they got hacked. What they have now is a lot more secure.

assertions don't make me feel any more confident in account security.

it was a big f*ck-up, and not only did Sony have it happen to them, but their MMO wing, SOE had it happen in the same month, whom I play one of their games and spent a lot of money on it *planetside 2*

Edited by kastrenzo

GTAV PC version in the works, heres why.

Why such a long post? It's guaranteed for a PC release!

Any body in the assumption that they won;t is plain idiot.

Unnecessary waste of time reading this long ass theory icon13.gif

There is difference between "PC version in the works" vs. "there will be PC release".

Both mean the same thing.

Has any one thought about R* having this brilliant opportunity to market the game along side many leading brands that are a part of PC Gaming?

Some interesting ideas that may turn out in real for PC release (and console(s), but sticking to the thread):

- HD re-release of RDR for PC with V (and on RAGE)

- Support for Multi-screen PC gaming

- Bundled offers with leading brands both Hardware and Software (Windows 8 touchscreen support, for example)

- Modders interested to reborn SA and VC with brilliant optimization that the new Engine offers can finally see it happening IF R* offers Custom modding tools with the PC version bundled for Developers of both PC and Phones.

In short, there is no way they didn't even plan the the making and the release for the PC platform.

S1LV3R_W0LF

I started to gather all this in the end of 2012, back then there was a major concern that there would be no GTAV because of RDR, that was when I gathered the first 10 facts that there was a clear sign of a PC version, now more then half a year later I added the rest that I think is important since then.

I keep my idea and GTA V won't be like GTA IV was, back then there was no indication of IV and we know that it was ported AFTER the consoles release, I think that by NOW they are way ahead and won't need 8 months to port it.

Thats the second main point of this thread, because there were no indications like these for GTA IV or any other GTA, this is the first time and I know this because I've been keeping an eye in these things for some years, and I also did for RDR but I didn't find a single clue and it turned out that there was no RDR, GTA IV I got some a few months after consoles release, but for V it's being different.

• 3 weeks later...

Just now seeing this. WOW dude, you outdid yourself, and certainly outdid me. Even my most detailed explainations of the PC version pale in comparison.

Thank you for the effort, you've done an amazing job,

also, you have inadvertently confirmed beyond the shadow of any doubt that GTA Online is an MMOG (in the take 2 proof image, it is seen under GTA V)

Ferocious Banger
Just now seeing this. WOW dude, you outdid yourself, and certainly outdid me. Even my most detailed explainations of the PC version pale in comparison.

also, you have inadvertently confirmed beyond the shadow of any doubt that GTA Online is an MMOG (in the take 2 proof image, it is seen under GTA V)

What proof image? confused.gif

Thanks Brian, I've started this "journey" in the end of 2012, when I searched and gathered any piece of information related to GTA V PC, then I saw so many so I started connecting the dots, it couldn't be just coincidence and I think the Rockstar V guy genuine info leak was the last proof I needed. I've seen the first 10 points list being published all over the Internet in a lot of different countries, which means it isn't nonsense and other people see the connections too. Anyway I believe in the exact same thing I said almost a year ago, GTA V is as completed as the consoles and should be released by the end of this year and I really doubt they'll make us wait 6-8 months again... mostly because it won't be needed and because the Market is a question of timing and If GTAV is out by the same time as the Ubisoft Hits, it will blast them, I'm looking forward for GTA V, WD and AC IV... but if GTA V is out by the same time I'll go with GTA without any doubt and I might buy the other games later, but depending on how long GTA keeps me busy, that purchase will be delayed by months or even years.

--------------------------------

What proof image? confused.gif

I think he was talking about this one, this was posted by the game named "Rockstar V" the guy that apparently was legit when he said he worked for Rockstar for a while and he leaked some info no one knew and ended up to be true, he posted this internal document where it mentions a lot of things, one of them "GTA ONLINE" which we know see it's real:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/S1LV3R_W0L...0ef6b4.jpg.html

Banger, exactly that image S1LV3R just put back up icon14.gif

Right on S1LV3R_W0LF, I can't agree more with you.

There's no doubt there is a PC version on the cards and then next-gen as it wouldn't make any sense to do one without the other.

People don't seem to understand that it doesn't make financial sense to announce any other versions now and at the end of the day R* is a business as much as a developer.

All hail the great wall of text.

Did you read it at least?

This is a forum, not Instagram. Here people write more or less according to what they have to say or discuss. A text is a text either bigger or smaller, but what matters in the end is the content.

And this as you called "wall of text" had a purpose and lot of content.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumped to help get this through peoples' thick skulls. Not sure how I didn't come across this earlier, nice find though...even if this was half a year ago.

Smiler-Online

After the recent leak from Nvidia, we heard suggestions that Nvidia might be working on GTAV PC with R* and this pic (linked below) found on facebook shows that Nvidia might just be working with R* as rumoured:

In the top left corner there is a R* Baseball cap:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hpho...308239550_o.jpg

And since Nvidia don't have any Hardware in the next gen consoles I'm pretty sure that they would want to try and make the PC stand out in some way and GTA5 might just be the game to give the PC the upper hand over the next gen consoles!.

After the recent leak from Nvidia, we heard suggestions that Nvidia might be working on GTAV PC with R* and this pic (linked below) found on facebook shows that Nvidia might just be working with R* as rumoured:

In the top left corner there is a R* Baseball cap:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hpho...308239550_o.jpg

And since Nvidia don't have any Hardware in the next gen consoles I'm pretty sure that they would want to try and make the PC stand out in some way and GTA5 might just be the game to give the PC the upper hand over the next gen consoles!.

Nice find with that cap, I'm quite sure Nvidia teamed up with Rockstar.

@smiler_16

Unless GTA 5 is Rockstar's first game for PC that cap just doesn't mean anything. All it means that at one point in time Rockstar and Nvidia have worked together (for any of their other GTA titles).

I've been thinking about the NVIDIA slip for a while but I'll add it now.

I'm quite sure what NVIDIA did was a mistake like many others have done too revealing a game thats isn't officially announced yet. The same that was done by E3 or those big retailers. Let's hope that doesn't take long for Rockstar to talk about the PC version once the console versions are out.

Smiler-Online
@smiler_16

Unless GTA 5 is Rockstar's first game for PC that cap just doesn't mean anything. All it means that at one point in time Rockstar and Nvidia have worked together (for any of their other GTA titles).

but it does seem odd if they still have that on show if that was the case... because even if they worked on the last GTA, that was back in 2007... but the last one I remember which they had shown their logo in the game was GTASA, which was released nearly a decade ago... so by now that cap would be knackered... where as that cap on show looks pretty new...

A PC title announcement might have affected preorders for xbox/ps3. They won't tell us anything for probably at least a month after Sept 17th.

• Like 1

You can post all the "leaks" you want but that won't make your dream come true, champ.

so let me guess. Nvidia will add some "exclusive" features for those who have their card and the others that dont are screwed and wont get the same experience? Like their physx feature they added to some game this gen.

You can post all the "leaks" you want but that won't make your dream come true, champ.

Wow man you are surely clever. These are FACTS, this is not made up... you know, those things that usually detectives and cops follow to solve something? And they are used to hint n something, and all of these do exactly that.

This is not a "I wish" thread, this is a thread with collected evidence about something. The game will be out on PC and won't take long, your console exclusivity won't last... deal with it.

• Like 1