2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

GTAV PC version in the works, heres why.

S1LV3R_W0LF

Yeah dude it's pretty obvious it's going to be on PC, but not for awhile, no one ever doubted that.

Becuase Red Dead Redemption made it to PC after everyone wanted that? Oh yeah, right...

If I had a dollar for every time someone brought up RDR like it was supposed to mean something.

RDR is irrelevant. Made by R*SD, Who don't make PC games, and RDR was not intended to be the hit that it was.

and countless other reasons I care not to repeat.

I hope it doesn't come out for PC. PC players are always dicks about how games are better on the PC. I have both and me and my wallet have enjoyed games on the consoles better.

I suggest you take your generalizing prejudice and leave this thread. A few Bad apples don't ruin the bunch.

Yeah dude it's pretty obvious it's going to be on PC, but not for awhile, no one ever doubted that.

Becuase Red Dead Redemption made it to PC after everyone wanted that? Oh yeah, right...

RDR aint GTA ... EVERY GTA are available on PC ! Even if it doesnt come out the same day as consoles THEY ARE A V A I L A B L E on PC !

I dont even know why this kind of topic exist ... Everytime R* is doing a GTA people talk about that !

Grand Theft Auto London 1969 = PS1, PC

Grand Theft Auto: London 1961 = PS1, PC

Grand Theft Auto 2 = PS1, PC, Game Boy Color, Dreamcast

Grand Theft Auto III = PS2, Xbox, PC

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City = PS2, PS3, Xbox, PC

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas = PS2, Xbox, 360, Mac, PC

Grand Theft Auto IV = PS3, 360, PC

Grand Theft Auto IV : The Ballad of Gay Tony = PS3, 360, PC

Grand Theft Auto IV : Lost & Damned = PS3, 360, PC

So you really believe PC users won't have the game ? moto_whistle.gif

Oh my god, of course it's gonna be released for PC, the gaming industry is all about money,.

PC players deserve to wait longer for GTA V because by the end of a day 80% of them wil pirate GTA V an 39% of those 80% will hack and f*ck console players.

_FRANKENSTEIN_

PC players deserve to wait longer for GTA V because by the end of a day 80% of them wil pirate GTA V an 39% of those 80% will hack and f*ck console players.

We, PC gamers are geeks devil.gif

nigelhere9901

;D hi guise i think in my onion dat r* weel nevor releez gta v cuz teh rdr never came lol XD xD

biggrin.gif L O L biggrin.gif

You don't know what you are talking about, plz shut up troll

Oh my god, of course it's gonna be released for PC, the gaming industry is all about money,.

This.

it's all up to Rockstar decision, specially the time of release, they can have it ready by the same time as the consoles, but because of strategic marketing it won't be out before they think it's the right time.

And that.

I don't think the percentage will be that high. Look how popular Steam is as a games service. Also, ever since GTA III, I've purchased BOTH the console version and the PC versions of the game. My GTA IV for example looks completely different to the Xbox 360 version I have. Unfortunately the majority of friends I have own 360's so I just keep my 360 version for online play.

I'll be doing the same with GTA V because i'm dying to get my hands on it anyway tounge.gif

Silver Wolf, I read your thread and to be honest, when I had lost hope (this is the first time I'm following a game, ever), you gave me hope and taught me well about how R* proceeds with these stuff.

Thanks, kudos to you.

I don't think the percentage will be that high. Look how popular Steam is as a games service. Also, ever since GTA III, I've purchased BOTH the console version and the PC versions of the game. My GTA IV for example looks completely different to the Xbox 360 version I have. Unfortunately the majority of friends I have own 360's so I just keep my 360 version for online play.

I'll be doing the same with GTA V because i'm dying to get my hands on it anyway tounge.gif

what an Ignorant asshole, PC is a convienent scapegoat because people will claim it has a few thousand pirates, but leave out the actual sales numbers, trying to pass the illusion that more PC players are Pirates than not.

He obviously regards Ubisoft as a reliable news source

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ubisoft-ceo-c...c-games-6392939

...and the most obvious proof: every GTA except Advance (which sucked), LCS and VC (which were originally only made for PSP and then ported to PS2) came to PC monocle.gif

what an Ignorant asshole, PC is a convienent scapegoat because people will claim it has a few thousand pirates, but leave out the actual sales numbers, trying to pass the illusion that more PC players are Pirates than not.

He obviously regards Ubisoft as a reliable news source

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ubisoft-ceo-c...c-games-6392939

Indeed, and that guy calculated downloads from public trackers vs. sales. And little he knows that most of those downloads people then bought it, including me. I almost download every game, to test it, etc. And if I like it I will buy it. Not buying something just to find half broken game as was GTA IV, but after patches... I bought it.

I'm sure 101% it does exist and 80% sure that it will be a proper version and not a port. But it's all up to Rockstar decision, specially the time of release, they can have it ready by the same time as the consoles, but because of strategic marketing it won't be out before they think it's the right time.

I really doubt the PC version is been built from the ground up on the PC and already been worked on. R* have already had to delay the console version of GTA V and it seems to me they have most if not all of there team working on GTA V to get it out on time without another delay.

It would take such a long time to build this game for the PC from the ground up and surely R* would have released the PC version very close to the console version if that would be the case. I hope for you PC players that you're right as you deserve more than a crappy port but I'm just not feeling it and believe the PC version will be a port from the console version. Only time will tell.

I'm sure 101% it does exist and 80% sure that it will be a proper version and not a port. But it's all up to Rockstar decision, specially the time of release, they can have it ready by the same time as the consoles, but because of strategic marketing it won't be out before they think it's the right time.

I really doubt the PC version is been built from the ground up on the PC and already been worked on. R* have already had to delay the console version of GTA V and it seems to me they have most if not all of there team working on GTA V to get it out on time without another delay.

It would take such a long time to build this game for the PC from the ground up and surely R* would have released the PC version very close to the console version if that would be the case. I hope for you PC players that you're right as you deserve more than a crappy port but I'm just not feeling it and believe the PC version will be a port from the console version. Only time will tell.

I don't think it will be a ground up build either, but if Max Payne 3 PC is anything to go by, it should be fine.

Take a couple AAA Multiplat games for example

Battlefield

Call of Duty

Skyrim

Battlefield was a ported TO Consoles, so it's kind of exempt from this statement, but as long as it's coming from a reputibable publisher, Large games usually have tolerable quality Ports to PC.

If the only thing you care about is Graphics, you should be playing some PC Exclusive like ArmA or some game that has sh*t gameplay and is just a Showoff of Tech, like Farcry or the original Crysis.

GTA 4 was rocky because it was a new engine. they've got ample experience with it now, as I mentioned, MP3

I don't think it will be a ground up build either, but if Max Payne 3 PC is anything to go by, it should be fine.

Battlefield

Call of Duty

Skyrim

Battlefield was a ported TO Consoles, so it's kind of exempt from this statement, but as long as it's coming from a reputibable publisher, Large games usually have tolerable quality Ports to PC.

If the only thing you care about is Graphics, you should be playing some PC Exclusive like ArmA or some game that has sh*t gameplay and is just a Showoff of Tech, like Farcry or the original Crysis.

GTA 4 was rocky because it was a new engine. they've got ample experience with it now, as I mentioned, MP3

Agreed.

BUT THE BENZ

GTA V comes to PC in october or december, 2013! that is close if you ask me! closer than IV has been

Battlefield

Call of Duty

Skyrim

Battlefield 3 was ported from consoles, not to.

Battlefield

Call of Duty

Skyrim

Wrong.

The fact that the PC version had larger maps and more players confirms that the Console version was a downgraded version. and the PC version had textures and effects that were 2-3 times larger than the PS360s. Thus it was ported to Console and knocked down to be compatible

The whole discussion of ports is silly anyway We need to stop using the word Port, as there no clear consensus as to what the word even means.

The only thing that matters is it's "lead" platform, and most games the difference is barley noticable anymore

Battlefield

Call of Duty

Skyrim

Wrong.

The fact that the PC version had larger maps and more players confirms that the Console version was a downgraded version. and the PC version had textures and effects that were 2-3 times larger than the PS360s. Thus it was ported to Console and knocked down to be compatible

The whole discussion of ports is silly anyway We need to stop using the word Port, as there no clear consensus as to what the word even means.

The only thing that matters is it's "lead" platform, and most games the difference is barley noticable anymore

You are in wrong. larger maps? No we don't we only have bigger playfield, more players because PC can handle them. GTA IV also have better textures and effects than PS360 version.

And:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/32451...id-development/

But I'm pretty sure PC never was lead platform.

Battlefield

Call of Duty

Skyrim

Wrong.

You are in wrong. larger maps? No we don't we only have bigger playfield, more players because PC can handle them. GTA IV also have better textures and effects than PS360 version.

And:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/32451...id-development/

But I'm pretty sure PC never was lead platform.

It doesn't really matter what the intended lead platform was, It turned out better on the PC. I deleted BF3 off my PS3 after I got some other games for it, but most of the PS3 maps are only 50-60% the size of the PC versions, incredibly unbalanced on some of the maps aswell as they haven't had their vehicle pools changed. that's 12 players to man the 4 tanks, 2 jets, and all the other vehicles on Operation Firestorm.

Also off topic, here's an interesting graph from 2010-2012, showing the rise of the platform, PC market is just as big as the console market, but it's not a focused market, unbeilevable numbers of people play stuff like the Sims, and even more people play even stupider stuff like Facebook games, but it's all still from the PC market

http://www.extremetech.com/wp-content/uplo...OLE-gaming1.png

EDIT I think I realized the difference,

I forgot PC versions had a gamemode called "Conquest Large" which has larger maps, the Regular Conquest maps are probably Identical. but the Conquest Large is undoubtedly not on the console versions. They usually included 2-4 more bases and a lot more Playspace. Bandar Desert was the largest map in BF3 I think, and it only had 7 flags in conquest large, but it was massive, and a lot of dead space.

Edited by kastrenzo

It doesn't really matter what the intended lead platform was, It turned out better on the PC. I deleted BF3 off my PS3 after I got some other games for it, but most of the PS3 maps are only 50-60% the size of the PC versions, incredibly unbalanced on some of the maps aswell as they haven't had their vehicle pools changed. that's 12 players to man the 4 tanks, 2 jets, and all the other vehicles on Operation Firestorm.

Also off topic, here's an interesting graph from 2010-2012, showing the rise of the platform, PC market is just as big as the console market, but it's not a focused market, unbeilevable numbers of people play stuff like the Sims, and even more people play even stupider stuff like Facebook games, but it's all still from the PC market

http://www.extremetech.com/wp-content/uplo...OLE-gaming1.png

EDIT I think I realized the difference,

I forgot PC versions had a gamemode called "Conquest Large" which has larger maps, the Regular Conquest maps are probably Identical. but the Conquest Large is undoubtedly not on the console versions. They usually included 2-4 more bases and a lot more Playspace. Bandar Desert was the largest map in BF3 I think, and it only had 7 flags in conquest large, but it was massive, and a lot of dead space.

No need explaining that to me, Im pretty up to date about it smile.gif Im PC gamer so I know some stuff smile.gif

But Battlefield 3 is a port, even UI tells you that smile.gif At least it is good port, still playing it.

PHOENIXZERO

I love (not really) how this "it will/it won't" argument continues to go on with every GTA released since III. Of course there's going to be a PC version and of course it'll be superior to the console counterpart. If you think otherwise you may suffer from a severe intellectual disability. This will probably be the last GTA with a massive gap between console and PC release.

I wouldn't be surprised if GTA VI releases simultaneously across the PS4, XBO and PC given the fact they share the same architecture which means it'll be significantly easier to make the game across platforms and there won't be the whole mess of separate teams working on each platform individually as what's been done this generation. Hell, PC will probably be the lead platform.

Edited by PHOENIXZERO

Why such a long post? It's guaranteed for a PC release!

Any body in the assumption that they won;t is plain idiot.

Unnecessary waste of time reading this long ass theory icon13.gif

Watch Dogs will keep me busy till GTA V hits PC

i would have considered it but it's ubisoft, i dont buy their sh*t anymore seeing as how they treat the pc platform with mass amounts of needless drm, and accuse us of being pirates as well.

I forgot that I already ordered Rome II and ArmA III back when I actually had money, so those should keep me busy on PC platform until PC GTA. and Ill have GTAV On PS3 as well,

I suggest you read page 6 biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Ferocious Banger
Watch Dogs will keep me busy till GTA V hits PC

i would have considered it but it's ubisoft, i dont buy their sh*t anymore seeing as how they treat the pc platform with mass amounts of needless drm, and accuse us of being pirates as well.

I forgot that I already ordered Rome II and ArmA III back when I actually had money, so those should keep me busy on PC platform until PC GTA. and Ill have GTAV On PS3 as well,

Every console version of WD is a port from PC!

Why such a long post? It's guaranteed for a PC release!

Any body in the assumption that they won;t is plain idiot.

Unnecessary waste of time reading this long ass theory icon13.gif

There is difference between "PC version in the works" vs. "there will be PC release".