2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAV PC version in the works, heres why.

S1LV3R_W0LF

Wouldn't it be hilarious if R* currently worked on the PC version, meaning the consoles versions are alreeady ready?! Maybe they want to have a tighter release window between platforms and thus pushed back the consoles release, as they get the PC version ready.

That would be so awesome wouldn't it? Consoles' release in May, PC release following in June.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if R* currently worked on the PC version, meaning the consoles versions are alreeady ready?! Maybe they want to have a tighter release window between platforms and thus pushed back the consoles release, as they get the PC version ready.

That would be so awesome wouldn't it? Consoles' release in May, PC release following in June.

Why the hell would that be awesome?

If the game was finished already for the consoles it would be verything but awesome if they wouldnt release it until PC is done...

Why the hell would that be awesome?

If the game was finished already for the consoles it would be verything but awesome if they wouldnt release it until PC is done...

Nuh it'd be good. They could do more testing and further tune things like multiplayer while the PC version is in the making

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I would like to play GTAV in December <3 and first what i will do is get an quad bike and go to mountains smile.gif)))) Can't waiiiiiiiiiitttt biggrin.gif

S1LV3R_W0LF

There have been a lot of more clues in the last months, I might update this thread with everything else.

I'm a console player and even I want the PC version to release soon. Would love to get a gaming PC

soon. Always wanted to make GTA vids, edit etc.

SlamingStanSmith

Good thing the PC/next gen console of your choice version is in the works!!! We got PC architecture over here now baby!!!! Woooooooo!

groveSTREETfamily4LIFE

Y'all can have GTA V after the console gamers are done with it... then you can make and enjoy your naked women with big boobs mod.

SkylerArmor

Nope. smile.gif Consoles icon14.gif / Pc icon13.gif

Nope. smile.gif Consoles icon14.gif / Pc icon13.gif

Honestly people like you are the ones who cry when cool mods are made.

S1LV3R_W0LF
You forgot the biggest and latest sign it's coming to PC... this Rockstar job posting

I didn't forget, I said this in November 2012 and made it a topic in January 2013. There have been a lot of other clues since then, but I have to edit the main thread and add them.

There was the listings of Amazon and all those big German and AUS retailers, the German retailer that said there would be a S.E. version with those things and PC uncut version that he confirmed when asked by a user, there was that fail in E3 where they listed GTAV as consoles and PC title and later removed it all, there was another CV leak, there were the steam keys sales, there was this job list and I think a few other things, but I need to check on all of them and then gather all in the main thread.

As for the haters or console fanboys stay out this is not for you, there is nothing here for you unless you have a valid argument proving the game won't be released, something like Rockstar stating "GTA V runs great on current gen consoles and we don't need more money, we're stinky rich so we won't release any other versions ever".

moto_whistle.gif

Well a lot have been saying it won't happen because of RDR, others lost hope because of the same thing, so here I am posting the facts that backup my claims.

If you go around on some other threads and see the amount of console players stating otherwise, I know some are just kids but still.

The RDR argument is hollow though because that was not Rockstar San diego, they don't make PC games.

And GTA V is basically being worked on by the entire company, Leeds and Toronto too, who both have ample experience in making versions for PC platform.

If Rockstar feel there is a need and market for the PC version they will do it, end of story.

There's always been a market, and the market is getting bigger, dispite the Xbox One and PS4 coming, and if Valve gets involved in the Console market, that's going to be an industry changing event. People who would get the "steambox" would realize that if the "steambox" can do this, then the PC must be even better.

Even without valve, there are a lot of Gen7 players experimenting with the platform, and switching over, many because of their disgust with the Gen8 Plans.

and on another topic

and as far as piracy, I can tell you that 9 out of 10 PC players who actually care about their computer not picking up viruses, Don't torrent or pirate. I think in the past 4-5 years, I've pirated one thing, a DLC for Skyrim, and I bought it not even a day later on steam. Just wanted to see what it was like before I bought it, game demos are getting increasingly rare, and i'm not comfortable handing over money for something I know nothing about. As far as I'm concerned, Developers and ESPECIALLY Publishers love to lie about their products to get your money.

There are legitimate excuses for Torrenting, but this is a morality issue

Scenario 1

Player has game on disk, *this problem doesn't really happen anymore with services like steam, but I'll make the point anyway*, Disk stops working, is damaged or whatnot

Console gamer would be forced to buy a new game, PC gamer will probably object to that when they can just download the files they need again since they've already paid for.

*Console players may even be able to register games and redownload them now, I'm not sure, I have a PS3 and 360 but neither of them really have anything online, except for a few games on PS Plus*

Scenario 2

Lost CD Keys, Serial numbers, etc, That's not really pirating though, that's just getting cracked CD Keys

Scenario 3

Problems with the content on the disk itself, I remember buying a game from Wal Mart, Fallout Trilogy I think it was, and there was a known problem with all disk versions of the game, it shipped with no audio, so people had to download cracked versions of the same game they just bought legitimatley, and transfer the audio files over.

My point here is, Pirating is a problem, but when someone "pirates" a game their reasons are not always as nefarious as it's implied by console gamers or outsiders,

And it's also not as big as people think it is, Ubisoft is pants on head retarded, they claim that 98% of PC players are pirates.

Edited by kastrenzo

PC version is going to be coming out, IT ALWAYS DOES! And it aways gets talked about after the consoles release, just f*cking wait a few months.

The only real reason they don't release it for PC immediately is to get bigger sales. People who have both PC and a console will most likely get it for both, some might buy a console just for the game and those that are pissed off at it for not coming to PC on release will buy it anyway when it comes half a year or so later. It's a win/win situation. Besides if they would release a PC version at the same time it would mean worse console versions. The only way for GTA V to work on current gen is for it to be the base for the game from the start. I hope that explains it all for even the dumbest people.

It's been so long I can't even remember.

I know GTA 4 did not come out on PC at the same time as Console, if I remember correctley I got it on 360 on launch day but I couldnt remember if it came out on PS3 at the same time or not.

Does anyone remember when the PC version of 4 was announced, and launched, in comparison to the console versions?

Does anyone remember when the PC version of 4 was announced, and launched, in comparison to the console versions?

The console versions of GTA 4 were released on April 29 2008. It was announced for PC on August 6 2008 and released December 2 2008.

The only real reason they don't release it for PC immediately is to get bigger sales. People who have both PC and a console will most likely get it for both, some might buy a console just for the game and those that are pissed off at it for not coming to PC on release will buy it anyway when it comes half a year or so later. It's a win/win situation. Besides if they would release a PC version at the same time it would mean worse console versions. The only way for GTA V to work on current gen is for it to be the base for the game from the start. I hope that explains it all for even the dumbest people.

hell I'm considering pre-ordering it both on 360 and PS3, Because I hate the PS3 controller so much that it'd potentially ruin my experience, and get me to play on my Xbox instead.

I think what I'll do though is just save for now, try it for the first couple of days, and If I really hate it on PS3, I can go buy one for xbox from the store

I hope PS3 controls will be similar to Max Payne 3's, Canadian Walmarts are still selling leftover MP3 Launch bundles that have a free copy of GTA EFLC, And the controls for the latter are dogsh*t, if the controls are more like MP3, Or at least have more rebind options, it will be OK.

PS3 has bad triggers, and it's analog sticks are extremley touchy, and in a bad location for someone with big hands and long fingers/thumbs, other than that it's meh, but triggers and sticks are basically 2/3 of the important stuff on a gamepad.

I really like these trolls who come to a PC thread to say " icon13.gif pc " without giving a single "why" they don't like it, it also works with PC users against consoles ...

I hope and I believe the game will be available for us, every GTA cames on PC so i don't know why this one won't ... modders are helping R* to sell copies and they know that, this is also one of the reason i'm 100% sure it will be available for us !

Every GTA it's the same crap, people wondering if the game will or won't come out for PC and everytime it is, so don't worry and just wait , or if you're like me and you have a console and can't wait just enjoy the game for his gameplay and not for " his beauty " and wait few months to get it on PC and enjoy mods / graphics and more !

The console versions of GTA 4 were released on April 29 2008. It was announced for PC on August 6 2008 and released December 2 2008.

By the time it was launched I had forgotten about it, I remember when I got my first IV PC copy I was just walking through an electronics store and saw it on the shelf and said "oh cool this is on computer now"

Back then I wasn't firmly in the PC camp though, I still paid attention to Xbox, so that's probably why I was out of the loop.

It's strange how things work out though. because 5 years later, I have two new consoles (Wii/PS3), and I'm diehard PC.

They WILL release a PC version, that's for sure. GTA has tradition on the PC, ever since the first GTA every part (except 3-4 exclusives) has also been released on the PC...

it's not like there aren't any other PC games coming out in Q4 to occupy you with, if you're not getting GTA on Consoles.

Battlefield and Total War for example, I'm getting Total war, not interested in Battlefield though,

some others I can't recall too.

And those exclusives weren't even full games.

Chinatown Wars

and the two "Stories" GTAs,

all three were just Handheld gimmicks, was a shame they were only on PS2 and PSP though, I quite liked the empire mechanic of VCS, and LCS Liberty city was better than the GTAIII LC. I lost my LCS diskette though.

S1LV3R_W0LF

After almost 6 hours I think it's ready, I editted the main post and added all the other leaks I know of since the beggining of the year, If you know any other tell me and I'll add it. I think by now only the negative wishers believe that these aren't clear proves.

The new additions start at point 11.

I think you have done a wonderful job on it mate. keep it up .

& just a note of logic to any 1 here that is not a fan of a PC gamers/users - pls re frame

from things like :

*console icon14.gif /PC icon13.gif

*PC sucks

*ALL PC gamers pirate (it's a load of crap)

*Console is better

These are srsly getting out of hand on this Forum

I will kindly ask you , If don't like what they use don't

don't comment . Have a cookie.gif for trying but @ the end of the day ,it's you that

looks silly .

This thread is for US ,those who spend a ton building a Solid machine

& then get told we must wait for our game (IT WILL COME TO PC ) fact ...

With no knowledge of when & it gets released ,& also it takes a PC to create you're beloved

Console games .

Therefore have a little respect for us ,would be a nice touch . So stop the ranting it's pathetic .

& once again makes you look silly.

Console is extremely sik & so is PC ... get over it. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Y'all can have GTA V after the console gamers are done with it... then you can make and enjoy your naked women with big boobs mod.

PC gamers are having a nice conversation in this post, then the console fanboys attacked.