1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Scarface Remake

GTA-King

user posted image

http://screenrant.com/scarface-remake-mexican-drug-cartels/

Seems pretty interesting. If they can one-up DePalma's Scarface I will be impressed. The concept of Mexican drug cartels sounds pretty interesting. The original one was about the alcohol prohibition. Then the cocaine boom. Perhaps this one will be about meth? Really though, Breaking Bad is a modern day Scarface.

So what you guys think? Does this have any potential?

Discuss. cool.gif

Edited by GTA-King

Oh my dear lord...

When i saw this... i almost blacked out. What are they thinking? Pompous degenerate money whores, how dare you even begin to imagine a possible notion of thinking that you should remake Scarface (again).

But really, if you keep an open mind to it, it doesn't sound bad! Like how coke was 'the sh*t' in the 80's, the contemporary drug 'craze' seems to be the ugly drug wars in Mexico. Well that and make-shift meth labs scattered around the US lol. Nah seriously, this could be something. The supposed writers are credible, so i'll give it a chance... plus my beloved Scarface is a remake itself so there's that.

But to be honest they should just make what they wanna make and then NOT call it Scarface, that'll be just fine by me lol.

It just shows how low on ideas they are. Why can't they just leave them the way they are? Scarface is an undisputed classic, there's no way some remake will top it. If it isn't a direct remake though and has the same premise with different characters (like the 1983 version was with the 1932 version) then perhaps it'll be interesting.

Oh god... Cant they just make a sequel to the Video Game or something? The game has lots of fans. The sequel was cancelled. They should make the game now instead of some remake that will be an utter failure.

Scarface is my favorite film and I will definitely watch this remake... if it gets made. Not that I expect a good movie, most remakes sucks to be honest. And I realize that Scarface from -83 was a remake but they simply revamped the whole original idea from the classic 30s movie. There are a few similar scenes but Scarface from -83 was completely revamped, I wouldn't even call it a remake. If this new remake sucks I wouldn't care much. The 80s version will always exist.

If it's a completely different film, it's a different film and they're just cashing in on the name. Personally, I think scumbags that try just cash in on a name can go f*ck themselves.

Hollywood is full of sh*t and has been for about 15 years or more.

I think if they hire the right actors and make a compelling story it will succeed although they need to reference back to the original and hire the old actors as well.

DonkeyEatingCheese

No way they can pull off something better than DePalma's Scarface. It will be a complete flop. Scarface is a great classic movie and it doesn't deserve to a have a stupid remake.

WF the Hobgoblin

I do not approve.

As long they're not having another Tony Montana then I'm not too bothered but there's loads of sh*t rags to riches gangster stories already. I agree with ThePinkFloydSound, cashing in on the title is bad form.

Scarface '83 is quite well regarded as one of the few good remakes. I find it hard to imagine this being another one.

Edited by WF the Hobgoblin
No way they can pull off something better than DePalma's Scarface. It will be a complete flop. Scarface is a great classic movie and it doesn't deserve to a have a stupid remake.

It might be a flop in it's delivery but I'm pretty sure it'd do well at the box office regardless. Scarface still holds up after all these years, even the younger kids now love the movie so I'm sure people would go and see it out of curiosity, the reviews afterwards might be another story.

I think if they hire the right actors and make a compelling story it will succeed although they need to reference back to the original and hire the old actors as well.

Blast from the past!

As much as I love the 1983 Scarface film to death, I'm still not sure about this remake. Most movie remakes are going down the toilet nowadays. But I do agree with Voodoo, if this remake is going to happen they have to go on a good hunt for actors. Hopefully they didn't take the title and turn it into something completely different. Overall, I just can't see a remake of the 80's classic..

Ohhh no. I heard rumours about this a while ago. This is probably one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard. Scarface is my all time favourite movie, there's no way they can improve on what the film already is.

In fact, a remake of such a cult classic film could actually degrade it. It is one of the most iconic movies of all time, spawning numerous parodies and references in other movies, television programs, video games, and songs.

A film of this stature can't be remade into something even half-decent. I mean, the film will probably make hundreds of millions of dollars, but only becasue people want to see what they've actually done with it.

This is a f*cking disgrace.

As bad as the idea sounds, I'll still probably go out to see it, just to see how it ends out.

If they do not call the film 'Scarface' I will be happy, if not, then I will be pretty disgusted. I loved Scarface, the whole idea behind the film is great. But if these guys are going to cash out on the name, it would not live up to the one in the 80's. You cannot steal an idea, however you can steal the name.

The only problem if they f*ck it up that everyone is going to remember the sh*tty Scarface movie instead of the 1983 masterpiece.

Wow great way to ruin the name Scarface. Just like how they're going to ruin the next Star Wars.

You know that the DePalma Scarface wasn't the first, right? monocle.gif

I really think they have a chance to make this good. A modern Scarface will be interesting imo. The remake of the original was good (I've seen the original btw), so perhaps a remake of a remake of the original will be even better! icon14.gif

• 7 months later...

user posted image

What is in the mind of that bunch of idiots of Hollywood? Just create a complete new movie, not copy such a classic (that, how is typical of them, will made a terrible remake)...

Huh, an I the only one who prefers the Original Scarface over the remake? I mean the remake is great, but you can't beat the classic with Paul Muni inlove.gif

I'm willing to give it a chance, only because of the fact that people probably had the same thoughts then, and it turned out great.

And besides, Scarface (remake) didn't do critic wise for a while. sleepy.gif

Edited by TheBlackPeterParker.