GTA Vice City Mobile Modding

_CP_

Oh man, thanks! Can you find offset for XBOS cars? It must be in set file, because when I delete set file, it generate new file with XBOX cars.

It's the same offset.

Edit. First post updated with yours fingers offset and enabling debug mode.

Edited by City_Poke912

actual texture offset is .toc offset + 8 bytes. so, i've just opened it without problems ^_^

also ".etc" is uncompressed textures, i've opened it by simple program:

user posted image

Edited by nick7

If .etc is uncompressed, so how can I open it? My phone support .etc textures (Adreno).

If .etc is uncompressed, so how can I open it? My phone support .etc textures (Adreno).

just like in this post but in your case it's uncompressed raster data (like bitmap, but 'flipped' top down. most likely 16bpp 4-4-4-4 RGBA - in menus hud, etc). seems to be that info stored before the raster. also gta3img cache has different format and i'm not figured in it yet...

also compression is not a problem. DXT version is just the same, first 8 bytes is not a raster data too. and gta3img cache data is different too.

user posted image

Edited by nick7

I'm sorry that I am asking here in this thread, but it's better than creating a new one so, can somebody please give me a download link with all missions passed, because I crash after the cutscenes in "Keep your friends close". I'm with the Android version.

So is anyone else up for GTA:BTTF Mobile? What about models? Has anyone toyed with those?

EDIT: if anyone could media fire a gta3.img loaded with saber as a delorean I would be greatly appreciative.

Oh man, that would rock.

Is VC released for Android yet?

Edited by goin-god
Yl8KS.jpg

So is anyone else up for GTA:BTTF Mobile? What about models? Has anyone toyed with those?

EDIT: if anyone could media fire a gta3.img loaded with saber as a delorean I would be greatly appreciative.

Oh man, that would rock.

Is VC released for Android yet?

It's out, but not officialy.

just like in this post but in your case it's uncompressed raster data (like bitmap, but 'flipped' top down. most likely 16bpp 4-4-4-4 RGBA - in menus hud, etc). seems to be that info stored before the raster. also gta3img cache has different format and i'm not figured in it yet...

also compression is not a problem. DXT version is just the same, first 8 bytes is not a raster data too. and gta3img cache data is different too.

user posted image

Awesome stuff Nick! cookie.gif

actual texture offset is .toc offset + 8 bytes. so, i've just opened it without problems ^_^

also ".etc" is uncompressed textures, i've opened it by simple program:

user posted image

I have no clue what that TXD program is, where can I find it?

Well screw this crap, someone else has already cracked the texture format, how about sharing the details? I'm going nuts here wondering where I'm going wrong!

So it seems that the bare textures are the same, but the way they are packaged together is different?

But is it possible to get fingers on the PC version? What about the dynamic shadows and sharper looking textures? (Not sure if they are updated textures, or old ones with a filter applied to them. Txd's looked like they were the same as PC.)

I'm trying the method outlined above but it's just not f*cking working! PVRTexTool reprots back "Value Too SmalL" and then f*cking crashes, piece of sh*t program.

Textures are from PC, with detail map.

This tool can open DXT textures and only HUD and menu textures can be opened.

Edited by City_Poke912

This tool can open DXT textures and only HUD and menu textures can be opened.

Have you opened them? I want to open them myself.

Anyway to add detail map to PC?

PS: Detail map might be useful for VC to IV conversions.

CP, if you know how to open them, could you tell me? Because in all honesty, I'm at a wall here, and I'm more pissed off at the fact I know there's a way around it, I'm just not seeing it now. I'm sick to death of PVRTexTool, such a sh*tty damn program.

CP, if you know how to open them, could you tell me? Because in all honesty, I'm at a wall here, and I'm more pissed off at the fact I know there's a way around it, I'm just not seeing it now. I'm sick to death of PVRTexTool, such a sh*tty damn program.

I don't even know where to get this tool.

Link?

Edited by nkjellman

Nick send me that tool, it can open menu and hud.dat, other files have artifacts on textures.

Can you forward it to me then? Just opening SOMETHING would be better than what I'm currently doing where everything is broken and artifacted.

We're not "allowed" it apparently just yet.

Can anyone test my modified launcher for ios? It seems working for me, but to make sure...

GTA VC 10th Anniversary Extra Launcher v0.1 for iOS:

Tweaks included:

- No intro fix

- No fading

- No cutscene borders.

Installation(kinda tricky):

1) Setup a connection with your iDevice with WinSCP, tutorial here or here.

2) In WinSCP, go to /private/var/mobile/Applications/2F3E897A-031C-4D44-8845-34D123CECF67/gta3vc.app/ (numbers could be different, i guess)

3) Copy downloaded gta3vc to [gta3vc.app] folder.

4) Open terminal.

user posted image

Type

chmod 775 "gta3vc"

. Then press execute.

user posted image

Close.

5)Respring, to avoid crash, and start the game.

Download

Edited by ThirteenAG

Can anyone test my modified launcher for ios? It seems working for me, but to make sure...

GTA VC 10th Anniversary Extra Launcher v0.1 for iOS:

- No intro fix

- No cutscene borders.

Installation(kinda tricky):

1) Setup a connection with your iDevice with WinSCP, tutorial here or here.

2) In WinSCP, go to /private/var/mobile/Applications/2F3E897A-031C-4D44-8845-34D123CECF67/gta3vc.app/ (numbers could be different, i guess)

3) Copy downloaded gta3vc to [gta3vc.app] folder.

4) Open terminal.

user posted image

Type

chmod 775 "gta3vc"

. Then press execute.

user posted image

Close and start the game.

Download

Crashed the first time I launched the game after installing that. Had to respring my device and then it started working.

Thanks, added to description. I thought respring was necessary after ldone "gta3vc" -s, but apparently not.

UPD. I guess i managed fading. Now it's completely removed.

gta3vc.zip

Previous post also updated. By the way, without fading sometimes you may see "behind the scenes" actions lol.gif

UPD2. I disabled one function, which is renders some effects, and i think performance on my 3GS became a little better. disabled_effects.zip if anyone want to try.

Edited by ThirteenAG

Thanks, added to description. I thought respring was necessary after ldone "gta3vc" -s, but apparently not.

UPD. I guess i managed fading. Now it's completely removed.

gta3vc.zip

Previous post also updated. By the way, without fading sometimes you may see "behind the scenes" actions lol.gif

UPD2. I disabled one function, which is renders some effects, and i think performance on my 3GS became a little better. disabled_effects.zip if anyone want to try.

Which function and effects? Are they ones you can already turn off by the set file?

Which function and effects? Are they ones you can already turn off by the set file?

I'm not sure, but here's the list of another calls, which disabled function RenderEffects have:

CMenuManager::m_PrefsMobileEffectsCGlass::Render(void)CWaterCannons::Render(void)CSpecialFX::Render(void)CRopes::Render(void)CMenuManager::m_PrefsDynamicShadowsCCoronas::Render(void)CParticle::Render(void)CPacManPickups::Render(void)CWeaponEffects::Render(void)CPointLights::RenderFogEffect(void)CMovingThings::Render(void)CRenderer::RenderFirstPersonVehicle(void)CShadows::RenderStaticShadows(void)CShadows::RenderStoredShadows(void)CSkidmarks::Render(void)CAntennas::Render(void)CRubbish::Render(void)

Found something that should be patched (suggesting R* doesn't patch it).

In Tommy's hotel room, there is a door leading to a bathroom or something. If you look at it, it's transparent, showing the emptiness of the unused models. Any idea why this is happening?

Here's a screenshot: http://oi50.tinypic.com/2r4hnrt.jpg

Edited by theNGclan

In Tommy's hotel room, there is a door leading to a bathroom or something. If you look at it, it's transparent, showing the emptiness of the unused models. Any idea why this is happening?

Here's a screenshot: http://oi50.tinypic.com/2r4hnrt.jpg

Found something like that on the curtain in the Pole Position.

We're not "allowed" it apparently just yet.

Well if you can't yet, can you at least extract the hud weapon icons? I'd like to use them on PC. I think they look cool.

Edit: Random Screen. biggrin.gif

user posted image

Edited by nkjellman

I have no clue what that TXD program is, where can I find it?

this tool is very buggy, guys. i just tried to play with cache. of course it stupports view only... actually it's not a tool, it's just a test program wink.gif

gta3img and game textures has strange bytes.

okay guys, you agree do not mirror this stuff by clicking here ^_^ - just because it's not ready as you can see. More options coming soon!1

(DXT mode at the moment is forced to use DXT5, so it's better to use ETC textures by clicking "No".)

i think it related to texture cache. in old version different textures can have same names, but cache makes names unique. (for example white64 used to be car scratch and something white in the building)

Edited by nick7