1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Gang Life in Los Santos

Getzmunney
  • Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrrightt

• Getzmunney

• Official General

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did a video on the Jamestown Project Vagos. What gang should be next?

This vid is an idea of what it might be like if the war between the Aztecas and MBG actually happened in-game. If they did a gang DLC I think it'd be cool to have a protag heavily involved in that war

Working on this DNF retexture. Not necessarily supposed to be blood...just different than the other Families. I need to figure out how to change their hats tho because they still spawn wearing green b

Getzmunney
Come spring you are gonna be on here saying "sorry guys I was wrong"... As for the scene, maybe its the same scene used on two different occasions in game. How are you gonna deny thats the same scene.. Look at the car and driver. Are you serious? Are you that much in denial? Goodnite

so even though the time of day is different, and a white truck magically appears, it's still the same scene? Why can't R* just be demonstrating their new sliding/dogs physics? Kinda hard to explain there huh? scenes don't usually have weird instances like this.

Go play gta iv again.. If you pay attention you will notice that different vehicles will be parked during cut scenes if you replay the missions at different times of day..UNLESS the vehicle has DIRECT CONNECTION to that particular cutscene. Hence why its approaching night time in the balla clip and its daytime with chop.

yes thats true, but why cut the scene here. what was the significance of R* doing this? just doesn't make sense.

To make the fans debate and argue like this

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-a...306051183_n.jpg

The guy in the circle is wearing a purple shirt. After this shot, the chase takes place with another guy wearing purple.

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-a...726932261_n.jpg.

I doubt why Rockstar will show us two different consecutive shots of two different people wearing purple.

they will keep ignoring rhe obvious

Just take a look at the scene once more. They may be in the same hood from the drive-by shot to the dog-chase shot.

Getzmunney
http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-a...306051183_n.jpg

The guy in the circle is wearing a purple shirt. After this shot, the chase takes place with another guy wearing purple.

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-a...726932261_n.jpg.

I doubt why Rockstar will show us two different consecutive shots of two different people wearing purple.

they will keep ignoring rhe obvious

Just take a look at the scene once more. They may be in the same hood from the drive-by shot to the dog-chase shot.

I been said that

Getzmunney
,Thursday, Nov 15 2012, 07:41]
If CJ never existed, then Grove street never existed either.

This is true and it isn't true. Grove Street wouldn't have existed but the Families would have. CJ, Sweet and Big Smoke were leaders of the Grove Street set but it is hinted in game that all the Families sets (Temple Drive, Grove & Seville) were once united as one faction called the Orange Grove Families but split off meaning whether or not CJ, Big Smoke, Ryder, or any other highly regarded member of Grove Street existed or not there would still be the Orange Grove Families regardless.

Not to mention that by that logic, then if Grove street didn't exist, then neither did Vinewood, or Los Santos itself.. So it's irrelevant.. Grove Street could still return.

So south beach doesn't exist in scarface because scarface doesn't exist? That's simply what you're saying. San Andreas in this gta5 world would be equivalent to a movie, taking place in also their fictional city. story lines from this movie won't simply port over to gta5 because that was a representation of it, this has never happened before so it makes no sense for it to happen now. If this is the case then like the man said I want zaibatsu and loonies.

I'm not even going to touch the purple guys because this could be anything. He's wearing lakers colors as well. Yes Franklin is wearing a green bandana, because you can can equip different accessories and it happens to be green. Money plays a huge role now what if r* portrays green for this very reason. The people in the drive-by aren't even wearing any colors so why not speak on that?

I cant wait until spring to prove you wrong..Challenge!! biggrin.gif ...But you honestly cant see what the dudes in the drive by are wearing.. Im thinking franklins driving and someone is shooting at that balla while chop is chasing him..Which explains him and chop sliding over same car in next clip...Watch that part of the trailer closely.. pay attention

right here

Honest Bill

What many of ou are overlooking too, is the fact that Rockstar didn't just create the Ballas or Families of the top of their heads like they did with Zaibatsu (which just mean corporations) or Loonies..

These gangs were actually based on real life gangs and a sh*t load of research went in to them because they were trying to make an accurate representation of those gangs.

Also, the theeme of Franklin's story is that gang life is no longer in it's heyday like it was in the 90s. what better way to express that than having the Ballas and Families return in name... Rockstar will be including bloods and crips type gangs in the game, this much stands to reason, and why wouldn't they use them again.. 'They never did before' doesn't really count as a valid argument, because they never really based a gang on real life like that and researched real life gangs heavily to include on in the game.

I still say there's a good chance. And people can act condescending if they so wish and believe they are so sure, despitte really knowing nothing about the game, that's fine.

And the writing on the bench, it could be an easter egg, i acknowledge that.. But it clearly say Ballas.. You can deny it and try to use a zoomed up picture to prove that, but as you well know, Rockstar's graffiti is always like that.. You aren't supposed to be looking at it at that level of zoom, so it doesn't reallu matter that one part of one of the 'A' is missing.. Don't be stupid.. It clearly says Ballas.. It's there for everyone to see. That's just how they do computer graphics, they don't need to be spot on they just need to create the illusion.. It says Ballas, keep denying it if you like.

Getzmunney
What many of ou are overlooking too, is the fact that Rockstar didn't just create the Ballas or Families of the top of their heads like they did with Zaibatsu (which just mean corporations) or Loonies..

These gangs were actually based on real life gangs and a sh*t load of research went in to them because they were trying to make an accurate representation of those gangs.

Also, the theeme of Franklin's story is that gang life is no longer in it's heyday like it was in the 90s. what better way to express that than having the Ballas and Families return in name... Rockstar will be including bloods and crips type gangs in the game, this much stands to reason, and why wouldn't they use them again.. 'They never did before' doesn't really count as a valid argument, because they never really based a gang on real life like that and researched real life gangs heavily to include on in the game.

I still say there's a good chance. And people can act condescending if they so wish and believe they are so sure, despitte really knowing nothing about the game, that's fine.

And the writing on the bench, it could be an easter egg, i acknowledge that.. But it clearly say Ballas.. You can deny it and try to use a zoomed up picture to prove that, but as you well know, Rockstar's graffiti is always like that.. You aren't supposed to be looking at it at that level of zoom, so it doesn't reallu matter that one part of one of the 'A' is missing.. Don't be stupid.. It clearly says Ballas.. It's there for everyone to see. That's just how they do computer graphics, they don't need to be spot on they just need to create the illusion.. It says Ballas, keep denying it if you like.

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gifcookie.gif

Of course gangs are back, R* is all about making living breathing worlds and it would be a huge wasted oppertunity if places like Ganton and Idlewood lacked any gang activity.

Obviously gangs aren't the main focus of Los Santos this time around but it doesn't mean they have to remove them from the game it's not like bringing the families and ballas in two different eras will cause some world ending paradox R* only said they won't bring III era characters back I think the fact they brought back Mt Chilliad and even kept the name is a sign that lots of III era stuff can and probably will return.

Getzmunney
Of course gangs are back, R* is all about making living breathing worlds and it would be a huge wasted oppertunity if places like Ganton and Idlewood lacked any gang activity.

Obviously gangs aren't the main focus of Los Santos this time around but it doesn't mean they have to remove them from the game it's not like bringing the families and ballas in two different eras will cause some world ending paradox R* only said they won't bring III era characters back I think the fact they brought back Mt Chilliad and even kept the name is a sign that lots of III era stuff can and probably will return.

yup

Pilotmonkey

(1) Purple is an epic color so many people like it.

(2) OMG HE HAS GREEN! 2ND PIC it must automaticly mean grove street panic.gif

Dont assume, Sure there is green & purple maybe they might return but not as much

con·firmed  (kn-fûrmd)

adj.

1. Being firmly settled in habit; inveterate.

2. Having been ratified; verified.

3. Having received the rite of confirmation.

user posted image

user posted image

but seriously,if you dont see this,i feel sorry for your mom

dude you literally put an imaginary line in between empty space. this doesn't impress me. You never learned how to trace in elementary? you failed pretty hard here.

man what don't you get that the ps2 gta's were paying homage to what influenced R* it's seriously not that difficult. The gangs in SA were based off real life gangs, which is true, but how does this hold weight that it should transfer over? when they don't want to mix universes and characters. and what comes with those characters are their story lines, the gangs were a representation of SA storyline, nothing more. they were the main plot in SA and will not transfer over to gta5 because they are going in a different direction. The gangs now will be a representation of this new universe. Regardless of crips and bloods, it doesn't matter families and ballas was cj's universe and Franklin's will be ____ and ____ (whatever they come up with)

how does it clearly say ballas when we can't even see it clear enough? so stupid. just because your eyes deceive you doesn't mean its clear in writing, don't be an idiot. R* graffiti is never like that, show me an example, i bet you can't because anything you show will clearly spell out a name that is correct to the letters alphabet. not this stupid n being passed off as an A and another idiot drawing imaginary lines to prove himself right. That's not how they do computer graphics, just lol, why would R* try to create an illusion if they are trying to tell you something in the trailer? they would just do the graffiti the right way, like in every other game.

Getzmunney

con·firmed  (kn-fûrmd)

adj.

1. Being firmly settled in habit; inveterate.

2. Having been ratified; verified.

3. Having received the rite of confirmation.

user posted image

Did I EVER say confirmed? What the hell are you talkin about? READ FIRST!

Getzmunney
user posted image

but seriously,if you dont see this,i feel sorry for your mom

dude you literally put an imaginary line in between empty space. this doesn't impress me. You never learned how to trace in elementary? you failed pretty hard here.

man what don't you get that the ps2 gta's were paying homage to what influenced R* it's seriously not that difficult. The gangs in SA were based off real life gangs, which is true, but how does this hold weight that it should transfer over? when they don't want to mix universes and characters. and what comes with those characters are their story lines, the gangs were a representation of SA storyline, nothing more. they were the main plot in SA and will not transfer over to gta5 because they are going in a different direction. The gangs now will be a representation of this new universe. Regardless of crips and bloods, it doesn't matter families and ballas was cj's universe and Franklin's will be ____ and ____ (whatever they come up with)

how does it clearly say ballas when we can't even see it clear enough? so stupid. just because your eyes deceive you doesn't mean its clear in writing, don't be an idiot. R* graffiti is never like that, show me an example, i bet you can't because anything you show will clearly spell out a name that is correct to the letters alphabet. not this stupid n being passed off as an A and another idiot drawing imaginary lines to prove himself right. That's not how they do computer graphics, just lol, why would R* try to create an illusion if they are trying to tell you something in the trailer? they would just do the graffiti the right way, like in every other game.

I already proved you wrong a few times.. Time will seal the deal soon. Im not one of these narrow minded members who just splurt topics out there. I actually think before I post.

Getzmunney
(sees a purple pencil sharpener in the trailer)

HOLY sh*t BALLAS IS BACK BALLAS IS BACK ANYONE WHO THINKS THIS IS WRONG IS BLIND

Youve probably been waiting a long time to say that dumb sh*t.. Read through the thread before you make stupid remarks.

(sees a purple pencil sharpener in the trailer)

HOLY sh*t BALLAS IS BACK BALLAS IS BACK ANYONE WHO THINKS THIS IS WRONG IS BLIND

Youve probably been waiting a long time to say that dumb sh*t.. Read through the thread before you make stupid remarks.

I don't want to read the long ass thread you imbecile. Like I have all the time in the world sarcasm.gif

Killerdude

Seriously, if you think that park bench reads "BALLAS" you're f*cking blind.

It's very clear that the second to last letter is an 'N' mergin with a 'W' i do it all the time while writing, makes for a 'smoother' read.

Families and Ballas are not back gtfo it.

I already proved you wrong a few times.. Time will seal the deal soon. Im not one of these narrow minded members who just splurt topics out there. I actually think before I post.

you never proved me wrong, not once. I actually use past experiences from R* to prove points and highly possible situations, especially how gta4 was like, and how they want to keep universes separate. You point out wrongly interrupted tags on a bench and a random man running with a simple purple shirt on to prove points. It's safe to say all of my points far outweighs and has a higher probability of occurring than your, no more than 5 points.

Getzmunney

you never proved me wrong, not once. I actually use past experiences from R* to prove points and highly possible situations, especially how gta4 was like, and how they want to keep universes separate. You point out wrongly interrupted tags on a bench and a random man running with a simple purple shirt on to prove points. It's safe to say all of my points far outweighs and has a higher probability of occurring than your, no more than 5 points.

All people have to do is go back one page to see where I proved you wrong. Its all on here.

The Made Man

There hasn't been no confirmation that the Families and Ballas are returning...If they were returning, than R would gave said something since they are both pretty big. But they are not returning because this is the HD universe and gangs unlike brands do not return...

And why do people want the Families and Ballas to return? I'd rather a fresh and new group of gangs...

Killerdude

"They never did before" is as valid as it gets, they have the skills to create new gangs for every game, to give it a very fresh taste, do you HONESTLY want to kill Ballas again? Me and many, many others sure as sh*t Don't, i've had my fair share of Balla slaughter in SA, if you can't get over the fact they ain't returning, oh well you're living in a dream world.

BTW, Park bench says "GAWNS" go back to pre-school and re-learn the alphabet.

Getzmunney

You know what..When the game comes out and Im proven right.. All of you just come and pay homage.. Thats all

Killerdude
You know what..When the game comes out and Im proven right.. All of you just come and pay homage.. Thats all

Lol, and When, not If, you're wrong, we all come here and tear you a new one for being such a dumbass.

Getzmunney

Lol, and When, not If, you're wrong, we all come here and tear you a new one for being such a dumbass.

icon14.gif deal

Radoonhagaydoon

READ THE DAMN OP FIRST BEFORE YOU POST

FAMILIES AND BALLAS ARE SEPERATE GANGS

THEY AIN'T GROVE OR IDLEWOOD OR GLEN PARK

Getzmunney
READ THE DAMN OP FIRST BEFORE YOU POST

FAMILIES AND BALLAS ARE SEPERATE GANGS

THEY AIN'T GROVE OR IDLEWOOD OR GLEN PARK

Their ignorance is bliss.. Thank you for reading my man