Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,438 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Getzmunney

Gang Life in Los Santos

Getzmunney
user posted image
You might be on to something here, i don't wanna clench at the straws but the small tagging in the bench does say ballas. And in the scene with Franklin and his friend talking to Micheal. Francklin's friend is wearing a dark green shirt, and from the trailer we can safely assume that at least Francklin's friend bangs. Again in the scene where they are chasing the guy, he is wearing a purple T and purple shoes. May not be grove st. but could very well be a Family set. Someone on here earlier said that their is an official art work from Rockstar where Francklin is wearing a green rag. I haven't seen the pic so I'm not sure if thats true.

user posted image People ignore pure evidence

BOOM! icon14.gif

They still are gonna come on here and say dumb sh*t like.."regular people wear green bandanas on their face too" *stewie voice..... dumb asses

MT90

When Franklin talks to his friend Lamar in the trailer he clearly say Lamar is in a gang. So gangs are in GTA V, simply as that. But will they be the same than in SA, that is the question.

Molotov69
Franklin Johnson ?

Getzmunney
When Franklin talks to his friend Lamar in the trailer he clearly say Lamar is in a gang. So gangs are in GTA V, simply as that. But will they be the same than in SA, that is the question.

Thats not what this is about.. Duh we kno gangs are in it its L.S.. We were tryin to tell these people that franklin is affiliated and there will be some gang sh*t on the side if not main story

.dre.

How can people not accept the truth.There is artwork with Franklin wearing a green bandana over his face.In the trailer he is chasing someone wearing purple.This got Families and Ballas written all over it.Or they got new gangs and recycled the old colors

How can you guys be so stupid? He is clearly against gangs. 'Cool? Slinging dope and throwing gang signs'? Rockstar already confirmed he doesn't want to be part of the gang scene. He is an ambitious young hustler looking for something more than a sh*tty gang life that's why he's working with Trevor and Mike. He wants to do big time heists.

-Eddie-
How can people not accept the truth.There is artwork with Franklin wearing a green bandana over his face.In the trailer he is chasing someone wearing purple.This got Families and Ballas written all over it.Or they got new gangs and recycled the old colors

How can you guys be so stupid? He is clearly against gangs. 'Cool? Slinging dope and throwing gang signs'? Rockstar already confirmed he doesn't want to be part of the gang scene.

Don't bother. These guys grew up in the baddest neighbourhoods apparently so you know.. If gangs are in V then the black guy must be in one. Despite R* describing him as an ex-gangster trying to turn his life around and Franklin blatantly stating what he thinks of gangs in the trailer.

taidgh

How can you guys be so stupid? He is clearly against gangs. 'Cool? Slinging dope and throwing gang signs'? Rockstar already confirmed he doesn't want to be part of the gang scene.

Yeah but I remember they also said in the GI article that he ends up getting dragged into sh*t because of his crazy friends. And he still lives in South LS so sh*ts gonna happen.

I dunno I'm 50/50 on this one now.

Getzmunney

Don't bother. These guys grew up in the baddest neighbourhoods apparently so you know.. If gangs are in V then the black guy must be in one. Despite R* describing him as an ex-gangster trying to turn his life around and Franklin blatantly stating what he thinks of gangs in the trailer.

this guy

kidkash1a

There are clearly gangs in this game, did you not see the scene in the trailer where a gang member was firing shots in the car and the dog was running across the screen?

Getzmunney
There are clearly gangs in this game, did you not see the scene in the trailer where a gang member was firing shots in the car and the dog was running across the screen?

Dont waste your text bruh.. Some of these dudes are straight morons

.dre.

No sh*t there are gangs. It was said in the trailer and this is GTA. The argument is, whether Frank is a gangmember or not. He clearly mocks his friend when he mentions getting money in the hood. Obviously he sets his sights higher and doesn't see gang life as being lucrative anymore. Not only that but Rockstar themselves have confirmed that he is an EX-gangmember.

By the way, you see black dudes shooting and they are automatically gangmembers? with that logic anyone that fires a gun is a gangmember then.

[µT]

How can you guys be so stupid? He is clearly against gangs. 'Cool? Slinging dope and throwing gang signs'? Rockstar already confirmed he doesn't want to be part of the gang scene. He is an ambitious young hustler looking for something more than a sh*tty gang life that's why he's working with Trevor and Mike. He wants to do big time heists.

Saying that doesn't mean he's not affiliated with the gang and won't support them when needed. The only thing proven with that statement is that he has a different hustle for getting paid rather than endlessly selling dope. Even in the trailer where he's arguing with that girl she says "I don't care how many cars you own, you ain't changing" which could be referring him getting sucked back into his gang life.

.dre.

,Wednesday, Nov 14 2012, 21:19]

Saying that doesn't mean he's not affiliated with the gang and won't support them when needed. The only thing proven with that statement is that he has a different hustle for getting paid rather than endlessly selling dope. Even in the trailer where he's arguing with that girl she says "I don't care how many cars you own, you ain't changing" which could be referring him getting sucked back into his gang life.

That's a sound theory. More so than 'he's wearing a green bandanna so he's obviously Groove Street'. However, it's just conjecture at this point. So far Rockstar has only confirmed that he's an EX-street gangster. I'm just tired of the cliche black stereotype that he has to be a gangmember. For once I would like to play a black character that actually rises to the top without too much gang affiliation.

Getzmunney

That's a sound theory. More so than 'he's wearing a green bandanna so he's obviously Groove Street'. However, it's just conjecture at this point. So far Rockstar has only confirmed that he's an EX-street gangster. I'm just tired of the cliche black stereotype that he has to be a gangmember. For once I would like to play a black character that actually rises to the top without too much gang affiliation.

I called it.. I knew someone was gonna say this dumb sh*t,, And nobody said GROVE ST,, There aint no grove thats a specific set from 3 era.. Its families gang

.dre.

I called it.. I knew someone was gonna say this dumb sh*t,, And nobody said GROVE ST,, There aint no grove thats a specific set from 3 era.. Its families gang

That's probably the biggest accomplishment you ever had in your life. Good for you. cookie.gif

Getzmunney

That's probably the biggest accomplishment you ever had in your life. Good for you. cookie.gif

Do you get gratification in insulting me? If so, good for you bro.

cp1dell

So you see someone with one small piece of clothing, and that means they're a Ballas gang member? Nice logic.

And the graffiti is more than likely an easter egg.

.dre.

Do you get gratification in insulting me? If so, good for you bro.

Says the person who said dumbass first. You make this too easy, because you're not too bright, son. Anyway, moving on.

Getzmunney
So you see someone with one small piece of clothing, and that means they're a Ballas gang member? Nice logic.

And the graffiti is more than likely an easter egg.

Mannnnn

DryJohnson45
Would be cool if they return.  But how do Gangmember look in 2012

Gangbangers today wear regular t shirts/hoodies and jerseys with their color. Rags are still very popular, and Timberland boots, baggy jeans, Gang colored expensive sneakers are gang related too

Oh they still wear baggy pants? I thought that they were out in terms of style.

So they will look like the Gang Members in Gta IV

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/17166/907046-nhh.jpg

Believe it or not lots of black people still wear baggy pants (not that baggy anymore) now its more fitting on them and myself but in my city we all wear skinny jeans snapbacks with matching belts and matching shoes. I can see in gta v being those slim fit baggy pants(not skinny jeans) and beaters and white ts and plaid button ups

Getzmunney
Would be cool if they return.  But how do Gangmember look in 2012

Gangbangers today wear regular t shirts/hoodies and jerseys with their color. Rags are still very popular, and Timberland boots, baggy jeans, Gang colored expensive sneakers are gang related too

Oh they still wear baggy pants? I thought that they were out in terms of style.

So they will look like the Gang Members in Gta IV

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/17166/907046-nhh.jpg

Believe it or not lots of black people still wear baggy pants (not that baggy anymore) now its more fitting on them and myself but in my city we all wear skinny jeans snapbacks with matching belts and matching shoes. I can see in gta v being those slim fit baggy pants(not skinny jeans) and beaters and white ts and plaid button ups

True.. Its more of a generation thing. Teens and early 20s rock the form fitting clothes. But people who grew up in the 90s might rock a lil baggier.. It depends though

Blood_Money

wearing purple= Balla

Concrete evidence.

Hydro_PlayboyX

oh i see grass in the trailer OMG grove st families are back

simonp92

wearing purple= Balla

Concrete evidence.

mercie_blink.gif

I just realised that my granma is a balla.

BlackandWhite23

user posted image Well user posted image What does it say on the bench

Getzmunney
user posted image Well user posted image What does it say on the bench

Dont trip.. They are obviously in denial

bobgtafan

Groove and the Ballas are like the Bloods and the Crips. You won't see any reference to CJ or Sweet but the Groove and Ballas will be in game. The Park beach second trailer at .40 confirms it.

MikeMyth

I thought that this couldn't be happening because characters from the GTA III universe weren't returning. But they said characters in specific no gangs were mentioned at all. This could very well be happening since the Yardies were in GTA III and GTA IV. The Hillside Posse (Badman and Little Jacob's gang) is the Liberty City set of Yardies.

wrestlingforme

It could be a next generation of the gangs,like,maybe they are being rebuilt.

Getzmunney
Groove and the Ballas are like the Bloods and the Crips. You won't see any reference to CJ or Sweet but the Groove and Ballas will be in game. The Park beach second trailer at .40 confirms it.

Not GROVE and ballas.. But Families and ballas.. Dont try homie they dont even listen. A bunch of smart asses