Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,416 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

ZZCOOL

is los santos really this small?

ZZCOOL

i mean look at this we have seen that bridge all of this in every single picture

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by zzcool

CPFC Ultra

The city of LA is small in real life. The game is in San Andreas remember, southern California.

JaggySnake

yes. now get over it. stop complaining!

ZZCOOL

not complaining just thats small theremust be a second city of is there a new part of los santos behind the mountains?

iWarfare

user posted image

Small, you say?

xzxxsicko

yea it's small , i think smaller than liberty city.

EDMEISTERX

No,the city is rather big.R* did say that they improved how far you're able to see,so we're able to see the bridge.

AlienWillHeMonsta

It look like thats only half of the city in view.

leaflinks

Itt could be small this time, but the difference is the story, effects, and all the new cars, and the location.

nigganhood

yes it doesn't look that big, rockstar lying.... thanks...

Znd
The city of LA is small in real life. The game is in San Andreas remember, southern California.

Lol! LA is small. Good one! It's the 2nd most populous city in the U.S, and as far as area of the entire metro area goes, it's the largest city in the world.

It's built out, not up, so it is HUGE.

You would never say that if you've ever been there. You can drive for like 2 hours on the freeway, and still not be outside of the LA area if you're on I-10.

leyja
i mean look at this we have seen that bridge all of this in every single picture

user posted image

if you want a street by street recreation go play true crime la suicidal.gif

copperrobber

shut up, please ....

mattymcs

It's really not small at all - its one of the worlds largest cities in the world by area, like 7 or 8th or something.

Everyone should stop stressing over shots of the game that show how 'small' the city is. Not one shot will show the scale of it, not even close. Its going to be the largest city they have ever put in in a gta by far.

ministryman

not complaining just thats small theremust be a second city of is there a new part of los santos behind the mountains?

Nope no second cities. Just small towns and a desert, possibly the lake and more mountains

Doitmyself

Its smaller than Vice City

CommonSeb

this pic shows only half at most. The pleasure pier is still further to the right of picture.

Kill Frenzy!

user posted image

SHUT THE f*ck UP, stupid haters!

notricorodriguez

user posted image

Looks pretty big to me.

Raavi

LA small suicidal.gif ? Dude you clearly never been..

Mokrie Dela

its not all of the city. That's griffith observatory, and iirc, griffith park has parts of the city on all sides of it? In other words, there's more off camera.

ministryman

Its smaller than Vice City

Not that small, I think we will see that within another few years sly.gif

LS was supposedly the size of IV Liberty City. There might be more off camera...most likely countryside areas...but this definitely the majority of the city

spiderman3000

Dont listen to the fanboys.. Los Santos really does seem very small(smaller than Liberty City). Then again if its their largest map ever.. then that means the area outside LS must be huge

rare.steak

Are you f*cking kidding me?

The heart of your country England, Greater London spans over 1500km squared.

Inner LA is over 1300km squared.

And the Greater LA Metropolitan area? Over 12,000km squared.

This is just inner LA, and to phrase it like Rockstar, it's bigger than the worlds of all of their games combined. You could add R*'s next gen games, too, and that statement will still be true;

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...holland_Pan.jpg

kb8618

I sure the draw distance is much much better than IV had, if so than the map is huge

Znd

I have to admit, I'm a little concerned about this too. Basically, it looks like it's downtown LA, Hollywood/Beverly Hills, & Santa Monica/Venice....surrounded by mountains and the ocean.

Now culturally, that might be as much as 75% of the city. But AREA wise, it's about 15-20% of the city. What about everything south of downtown? There should be blocks and blocks: Inglewood, Compton, Long Beach, Anaheim, etc...I don't know...maybe what I think is the ocean is really just smog covering up all of that. But it looks like there's a mountain protruding into what should be the middle of Inglewood.

Also, when you live in a mansion in Beverly Hills, would there really be a high rise condo right behind you, blocking your view in the backyard? Wtf? And why is it that when you're on Venice Beach, looking south, you see the skyscrapers of downtown LA?

I don't expect R* to make a full scale replica...but come on, make it to some scale, and don't cause simple inaccuracies like huge buildings towering over things that are known for their views, like mansions in Beverly Hills or Venice Beach.

GroundDweller
I have to admit, I'm a little concerned about this too. Basically, it looks like it's downtown LA, Hollywood/Beverly Hills, & Santa Monica/Venice....surrounded by mountains and the ocean.

Now culturally, that might be as much as 75% of the city. But AREA wise, it's about 15-20% of the city. What about everything south of downtown? There should be blocks and blocks: Inglewood, Compton, Long Beach, Anaheim, etc...I don't know...maybe what I think is the ocean is really just smog covering up all of that. But it looks like there's a mountain protruding into what should be the middle of Inglewood.

Also, when you live in a mansion in Beverly Hills, would there really be a high rise condo right behind you, blocking your view in the backyard? Wtf? And why is it that when you're on Venice Beach, looking south, you see the skyscrapers of downtown LA?

I don't expect R* to make a full scale replica...but come on, make it to some scale, and don't cause simple inaccuracies like huge buildings towering over things that are known for their views, like mansions in Beverly Hills or Venice Beach.

Did you not see that night-time shot? It looks enormous. Plenty of space for Ganton etc.

rare.steak

Did you not see that night-time shot? It looks enormous. Plenty of space for Ganton etc.

You can't judge sh*t from that blurry night time shot buddy. I love how people try to get other people to believe in their bullsh*t, in this case that those lights could be miles and miles in the distance! Sorry, not even one mile.

kricco

You got trolled.

Blame the viewing distance. It makes it look small, but it is really big

GTAglezga

Those domes look like breasts.