3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

XBOX 360 Error E 74 Permanent Fix

EvilEmperorZoRG

My Xbox 360 was working for a year now {I fixed it using the towel trick}. Now it goes back having this problem again. The graphics are starting to fail and after a while the screen goes black. I fixed it again yesterday with the towel trick but that's not a solution since it crashed 2 times since yesterday.

So, is this a permanent solution? Can I do this and let all of my problems go and enjoy GTA V when it comes out for f*cks sakes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTOFWerIFts

NO, I have NO MONEY to fix it. Please suggest the best free solution and tell me how much are the chances to fix my 360 doing what the above video says!!!

PLEASE!!!

Sad for you.

First of all, the towel trick is terrible to do. Because it fills the system with static and can also catch your system on fire.

Second, theres really no FREE method to fix it. Its broke and needs to be sent in, which, costs money.

Sorry for your loss.

Sad for you.

First of all, the towel trick is terrible to do. Because it fills the system with static and can also catch your system on fire.

Second, theres really no FREE method to fix it. Its broke and needs to be sent in, which, costs money.

Sorry for your loss.

I'll fix it and pay for it. But not in Microsoft......

After that it'll work for 10-12 months maybe more or maybe less. But I prefer not to give more money in Microsoft after telling me that an error caused by them will cost me to get it fixed!!!

But why I'm so damned? Just some months aways from GTA V, my 360 gets e74!!!

Of course, when the PC version comes out, my 360 will forget me wink.gif

Edited by EvilEmperorZoRG

When was this Xbox made because it could still be in its 3 year warranty. If you've opened up the Xbox though, they won't fix it and I doubt a problem with the scaler chip can be fixed.

When was this Xbox made because it could still be in its 3 year warranty. If you've opened up the Xbox though, they won't fix it and I doubt a problem with the scaler chip can be fixed.

I've already opened it up so the warranty is out. It was out already though!

Anyway, there's a shop in Greece called EasyBuyWorld and they sell new 360 motherboards for 90 euros, with a 2 years warranty.

http://www.ebw.gr/en/product/3188/Antikata...aketas-gia-XBOX

What do you suggest? They are trusted and they are a BIG chain store in Greece, and since they offer 2 years of warranty I think it's a great offer. They installation of the motherboard is free!

I'm sure DVD drives are locked to the motherboard so I'm not sure if it'll work.

This part, is accompanied with the unique key of Dvd-Rom, in order to connect your own Dvd-ro...

That's what it says. As long as they say it'll work and they guarantee that for 2 years I think I'll be OK!

I'm sure DVD drives are locked to the motherboard so I'm not sure if it'll work.

This part, is accompanied with the unique key of Dvd-Rom, in order to connect your own Dvd-ro...

That's what it says. As long as they say it'll work and they guarantee that for 2 years I think I'll be OK!

Yes the key happened on the original xbox as well with Hard drives and DVD drives.

The DVD drive is locked to your motherboard. Buying a motherboard wont fix your problem unless it comes with a DVD drive. If not, dont fall for that stores scams. There selling motherboards that will end up unusable.

Yes the key happened on the original xbox as well with Hard drives and DVD drives.

The DVD drive is locked to your motherboard. Buying a motherboard wont fix your problem unless it comes with a DVD drive. If not, dont fall for that stores scams. There selling motherboards that will end up unusable.

Yes but that's the thing. They mention this and they guarantee that my Drive will work 100% with the new motherboard. And as I said they're not a shop that goes around selling pirate games or modding consoles. They're a chain {20 shops around Greece} and they only do and sell legal stuff. And they also give 2 years warranty along with the motherboard.

I don't know, I'll give it a try but I'll tell him to guarantee that everything will work like new!!! All this will happen on January and I'll keep you informed just if someone is interested on fixing his 360 in the future wink.gif

EDIT: Here's what they mention

This part, is accompanied with the unique key of Dvd-Rom, in order to connect your own Dvd-rom with motherboard.

Yes but that's the thing. They mention this and they guarantee that my Drive will work 100% with the new motherboard. And as I said they're not a shop that goes around selling pirate games or modding consoles. They're a chain {20 shops around Greece} and they only do and sell legal stuff. And they also give 2 years warranty along with the motherboard.

I don't know, I'll give it a try but I'll tell him to guarantee that everything will work like new!!! All this will happen on January and I'll keep you informed just if someone is interested on fixing his 360 in the future wink.gif

This part, is accompanied with the unique key of Dvd-Rom, in order to connect your own Dvd-rom with motherboard.

"Your Own"?

Sorry not possible.

"Your Own"?

Sorry not possible.

So I have to sent it to MS? What's the cost from Greece? 100 euros+something for shipping? Or just the repair cost?

I did a permanent fix on mine, three years ago. Still works to this day. Let me try to find you the tutorial and i'll post it back in here.

CAN'T WAIT! Really, if you can help me with a solution I'll be really greatfull. PLEASE POST IT MAN!!!