GTA IV vs GTA V graphics comparision

RomanBOY123

Apart from the character models the game does look pretty much the same as IV. The biggest step up seems to be their lighting, but then again with the consoles being over 7 years old now you cant really expect too much more then that.

GTA V still seems to look a bit better, due to the better lighting system

i definitely think it's more than just a new lighting system... just glad they managed to do away with that terrible outline all the characters/peds had, it looked awful.

Dont expect the jagged edges to disappear. On the console youll definitly have your fair share of those, not to forget the horrible frame drops and shadow flickering (you get what you pay for ey).

Can you do the same with some of the stills in 720p of the last trailer please?

Something tells me the different won't be so huge this time, looking to the trailer and those screens I can't stop thinking we've been fooled by the huge increased in quality, the idea of the use of another "uncovered" version or the manipulation of the images doesn't stop bugging me.

I was going to post to suggest this - great idea. Be cool to see a comparison on the trailer grabs where they haven't been potentially post-processed like the static pictures.

Absolutely love your work btw - a gem of a thread amongst the noise of the forum.

John The Grudge

Looking at the pictures in the original post, it's striking how far the lighting has progressed since GTA IV. Also well done to whoever made the GTA IV pictures. A visual trait that has frustrated me in many GTA titles is the poor lighting, particularly in areas in the shade where it would be way too dark. I guess the graphics engine couldn't deal with different shades of light on the screen at once. This looks to have been sorted in GTA V.

I think PC owners should be excited because I have a feeling that the PC release of GTA V will be stunning.

Edited by John The Grudge

Thanks. V looks great, IV on the other hand always looked crusty, dry and half baked, I'm sure I'll be able to sink my teeth into these graphics so to speak. I had to keep IV's visuals 'at arm's length', hated them, but forcing Sunny weather 2 with a mod helped.

Good topic!! Even thought I still think GTA IV looks good!

Thanks guys for the positive responses! I wait for more GTA V screens that I could recreate in GTA IV.

Dear moderators, I think you should pin this thread, agree? smile.gif

Done! I am super amazed by how you managed to recreate these so quickly, considering how they only just came out (you had them up on Monday already!). Definitely will find a spot to feature this on GTAV.net very soon, as well!

Also, a little bird told me that people at Rockstar loved them!

EDIT: It seems pinning threads causes people's eyes to miss it. So I'm going to try and keep this on the first page until we have a better way of featuring threads more prominently.

Thanks!

I'll be really glad if you share it on gtav.net! Thanks in advance.

Rockstar love them? If you have some contacts with them, told that I love their awesome games, especially GTA-series! Waiting for GTA V! biggrin.gif

I'll be really glad if you share it on gtav.net! Thanks in advance.

Look at this: GTAVNet. You can see it says GTA IV VS GTA V COMPARISON. It's there since yesterday. wink.gif

I can't hell imagine what GTA V is going to be on PC.

Same here, man. It will look incredible. I think it's worth for people like me who wait for the PC version of GTA V. cool.gif

I can't hell imagine what GTA V is going to be on PC.

Same here, man. It will look incredible. I think it's worth for people like me who wait for the PC version of GTA V. cool.gif

I think you can buy GTA V on console instead of waiting 3/4 f*cking killing months because the diffrence on GTA IV MAX 1080p and GTA V medium/low 720p the difference is very poor.

don't you guys notice that the "porsche" of the gtaiv is the same car as in gtav?? but little bit modified.

Nice comparation you made guys! smile.gif

I think you can buy GTA V on console instead of waiting 3/4 f*cking killing months because the diffrence on GTA IV MAX 1080p and GTA V medium/low 720p the difference is very poor.

The difference is so staggering that I think we can not.

The crayon-like textures in GTA IV could easily be overseen if not enjoyed at some times; they definitely had a charm to them. As much as I liked it in GTA IV, I'm thrilled to see the step-up in GTA V. This looks absolutely fantastic.

I don't own a Playstation 3 or XBox 360 because I prefer PC over consoles at anytime on any day. The difference of GTA IV between consoles on 720p and PC maxed out on 1080p is pretty much and the same will be the case with GTA V.

I don't own a Playstation 3 or XBox 360 because I prefer PC over consoles at anytime on any day. The difference of GTA IV between consoles on 720p and PC maxed out on 1080p is pretty much and the same will be the case with GTA V.

Yeah but if you can wait, it's absolutely amazing, but if you can not, it's not a bad deal to play it on a consoles.

Yeah but if you can wait, it's absolutely amazing, but if you can not, it's not a bad deal to play it on a consoles.

Well, I guess I will be patient as I am since more than a year now.