GTA IV vs GTA V graphics comparision

RomanBOY123

Thanks guys for the positive responses! I wait for more GTA V screens that I could recreate in GTA IV.

Dear moderators, I think you should pin this thread, agree? smile.gif

Done! I am super amazed by how you managed to recreate these so quickly, considering how they only just came out (you had them up on Monday already!). Definitely will find a spot to feature this on GTAV.net very soon, as well!

Also, a little bird told me that people at Rockstar loved them!

EDIT: It seems pinning threads causes people's eyes to miss it. So I'm going to try and keep this on the first page until we have a better way of featuring threads more prominently.

Edited by Adriaan

You can see that GTA V has a more warmer gradient feel to it than GTA IV, but you recreating the scenes is big props to you.

until we have a better way of featuring threads more prominently.

user posted image

Make it faster and you stand to induce some seizures, even.

GourangaMaster

Brilliant work! More than anything the lighting in GTA V is outstanding. It looks so much more natural than GTA IV which lacked nuance in the lighting and colour palette overall.

Im not too fussed if the AA is not huge leap forward as I understand R* are already doing wonders with such old hardware but in terms of the vibrancy of the palette and beautifull lighting im extremely impressed with the improvements.

Thanks guys for the positive responses! I wait for more GTA V screens that I could recreate in GTA IV.

Dear moderators, I think you should pin this thread, agree? smile.gif

Done! I am super amazed by how you managed to recreate these so quickly, considering how they only just came out (you had them up on Monday already!). Definitely will find a spot to feature this on GTAV.net very soon, as well!

Also, a little bird told me that people at Rockstar loved them!

EDIT: It seems pinning threads causes people's eyes to miss it. So I'm going to try and keep this on the first page until we have a better way of featuring threads more prominently.

Which means that Rockstar are on here frequently. biggrin.gif

Which username are they under? lol.gif

Finally a wothly thread!! Well done with the pics OP! Great work making them, searching the exactly position of the camera and later adding the blur effect on photoshop... It would make you spend some of your time!

gta v graphics look the same the only diffrense is the Colors and Contrast

im disapointed because this game is just gta sa with iv graphic...

gta v graphics look the same the only diffrense is the Colors and Contrast

im disapointed because this game is just gta sa with iv graphic...

Die...

Franklin alone has more textures than the entire ped population of GTA: San Andreas.

Best.post.ever.

Really well done man.

Makes me wanna just get outta the East Coast and head to Cali based on the comparison.

Must be some younger gamers in here because they sure are spoiled with graphics these days. If only you knew what games were like with coleco vision and atari. You would appreciate even the slightest advancement and respect the business.

How can you even say that it either looks the same as GTA4 or just has "slightly better lighting". The comparison is a major contrast. Not just the lighting but the sharpness of the textures, the quality of the sprites (ie; smoke and fire), plus the entire landscape of the city and character models are insanely improved. So much work went into this and it shows.

There is maybe one shot here (the bike shot) which looks similar, probably because of some mod added to a maxed out PC version. They are running the GTA V shots on a PS3 which is a console that just turned 4 years old and you are complaining about this?

The rest of the shots look like 4 years of advancement in graphical technology. I could be blind but I'm banking on the fact that some people are just never satisfied. This Call Of Duty generation doesn't care about anything but graphics. Meanwhile forget the awesome graphics, the real triumph in GTA V will be the amazing new innovative gameplay mechanics and vastness of the open world. It will certainly change GTA games from here on out and most likely open world games in general. It will be forever remembered as one of the greatest games in history especially once it gets on PC and the modding community gets a hold of it.

I AM STOKED. Rockstar produces and develops their own games so there are no deadlines or "masters" to answer to. Which means they will work on this game until it's perfect and it will be even better than what you see here. Plus TRUE GAMEPLAY footage will be more exciting than these pre-scripted FMVs. Just wait and see.

BTW nice job on the comparison photos

Thank you for using DoF and motion blur! Makes the comparisons much more fair. Nice work. icon14.gif

user posted image

I think you should have used Johnny, Luis, and Niko instead of these pedestrians though. The peds are way lower quality than the IV protagonists and it makes gta4 look worse than it actually is. cool.gif

Agreed!

Can you do the same with some of the stills in 720p of the last trailer please?

Something tells me the different won't be so huge this time, looking to the trailer and those screens I can't stop thinking we've been fooled by the huge increased in quality, the idea of the use of another "uncovered" version or the manipulation of the images doesn't stop bugging me.

GTA V still seems to look a bit better, due to the better lighting system

i definitely think it's more than just a new lighting system... just glad they managed to do away with that terrible outline all the characters/peds had, it looked awful.

Okay, In the same time, I'll use protags from GTA IV, not peds smile.gif

I don't think that it'll be a good idea to recreate the 2nd trailer scenes because of its quality even with 720p.

GTA V screens looks much more better. It'll be correct to use GTA V screens to compare again dozingoff.gif

GTA V still seems to look a bit better, due to the better lighting system

i definitely think it's more than just a new lighting system... just glad they managed to do away with that terrible outline all the characters/peds had, it looked awful.

Are you talking about jagged edges? As far as I can see, that's still in. All the blur used is there for a reason.