GTA IV vs GTA V graphics comparision

RomanBOY123

It's looking awesome, I hope to see how things like explosions are animated in the next trailer, I remember being amazed by the ones in GTA4, they're still good but I know that the new ones are just going to feel so devastating.

It like comparing Windows Vista to Windows 7

This sort of reminds me of the jump between Modern Warfare 1 to Modern Warfare 2. Same engine, but it (mw2/gta v) looks better than the preceding game due to modifications in the engine.

Damn, these comparisons are pretty spot on. Couldn't even tell the difference of the screens with the bikes at first..

HOW DO WE KNOW IT'S A PS3 DEMO BRO

Edit: But seriously, this is a great comparison post. Good work.

It has been confirmed in the GI article..

I'd just like to mention, the HD photos released are not the same as the PS3 demo. The HD photos have lots of after-processing, while the PS3 demo was quite raw. As such, the french preview even commented on how poor the anti-aliasing was, but said R* still wishes to iron out these flaws before release.

It's sad to see this comment has gone unnoticed. Well, almost.

When I was playing Max Payne 3 recently, I was thinking damn I hope GTA5 will borrow the graphic style like this. and this shows it! I cant wait! biggrin.gif

Thanks guys for the positive responses! I wait for more GTA V screens that I could recreate in GTA IV.

Dear moderators, I think you should pin this thread, agree? smile.gif

Nice shots. But dont they use higher poly models for cut scenes? kinda unfair to compare them to in-game npc models.

Holy f*ck batman!

I didn't think the graphics had changed that much, but after seeing this f*ck ME!

Good job!

OP, can you do the same type of comparison with RDR ? I know you can't recreate the urban world etc. but I think it can be interesting.

ResidentPSYCHO

I was just expecting to see random shots of cars and such but you have actually recreated the scenes down to the finest details! Kudos! And thank you because I had not realised how improved V is over IV.

I've just noticed GTA V looks just like IV. The last 12 months of my life have been a lie suicidal.gif .

Joking aside, great job OP. I also have to mention I came here from Reddit.

I also have to mention I came here from Reddit.

Heh.. I submitted that link moto_whistle.gif

Yeah, I just had to share it to other people who doesn't visit gtaforums regularly or not at all. OP deserves the attention.. incredible work here.

Nice comparison! It does seem though that looking at the Grand Theft Auto IV screenshots compared to the Grand Theft Auto V screenshots - that the Grand Theft Auto V screenshots are a heap more vibrant. This is particularly the case with the screenshots of the burning cars. Furthermore, the graphics from Grand Theft Auto IV look rather faded in comparison to Grand Theft Auto V as well.

It is definitely pleasing to see the improvement in the game graphics wise - and back in 2008 we all thought Grand Theft Auto IV looked absolutely amazing (not that it still doesn't) and now, Grand Theft Auto IV is looking rather dull in comparison to Grand Theft Auto V.

RE9mJnf.png

GTA V looks more vibrant than GTA IV, it just seems like there's a mix of colors instead of gray.

cleve_zpsd455a62d.png

Thank you for using DoF and motion blur! Makes the comparisons much more fair. Nice work. icon14.gif

user posted image

I think you should have used Johnny, Luis, and Niko instead of these pedestrians though. The peds are way lower quality than the IV protagonists and it makes gta4 look worse than it actually is. cool.gif

Edited by Deadly Target