GTA IV vs GTA V graphics comparision

RomanBOY123

Great job smile.gif. The PC's higher resolution and overall higher fidelity gives it many advantages in this comparison, especially when compared with the PS3. But remarkably enough, GTA V still looks better.

Just goes to show how good the game will look when it inevitably comes to PC later on biggrin.gif

Great job smile.gif. The PC's higher resolution and overall higher fidelity gives it many advantages in this comparison, especially when compared with the PS3. But remarkably enough, GTA V still looks better.

Just goes to show how good the game will look when it inevitably comes to PC later on biggrin.gif

Rockstar* finally used the PS3 to it's true potential, imagine how GTA's will look next gen! icon14.gif

thebestgameever

The colours, lighting and texture ( which will probably all be improved by finale release) just look soooooo much better, you can defiantly tell they have improved it.

As long as this does not affect the FPS too much i would love this.

They look close enough that it's still believable they are in the same universe. I can't believe those are taken straight from a PS3, with no alterations.

It's the first time I've ever owned both current consoles & all my R* games are on Xbox 360. If it's only the story that's split between discs that's fine, I'll probably get that. But I might just pre-order it online for Xbox (maybe get it early) & buy a PS3 version on release hour. I'd never buy any other game for two different consoles, because that's crazy, but I'm crazy over this game.

Your comparisons are perfectly spot on. GTA V on consoles looks better than GTA IV maxed out on PC. Rockstar has improved RAGE a lot and that in the same console generation. If the PC version of GTA V won't be terrible optimized as GTA IV and 6 months after the console version released then I'm completely satisfied!

Superb effort. Must have taken a while to set those shots up! Nice work.

I still think that some of the new shots have been photoshopped slightly, but only with flair and particle effects. It'll still blow IV out of the water.

Don't forget that R* will likely have made these images look slightly sharper etc using image editing tools. But the lighting definitely looks much better.

Insanely good job replicating the pics. I'm curious how you were able to replicate some of the situations and traffic cars. Even time of day and shadows are almost exact, I'm truly impressed by the accuracy. Now try that on PS3 for a real comparison wink.gif

fantastic job on the screens man, my hat off to you.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

Wow dude, great f*cking job.

IMO, GTA V looks slightly better, better lightning, reflections and the biggest change is the color palette.

WOW! IV looks amazing with your settings, much better than on the PS3.

That said, if V looks like that on PS3, and I still think IV looks kinda good in PS3, then V will have some amazing graphics.

Damn, these comparisons are pretty spot on. Couldn't even tell the difference of the screens with the bikes at first..

HOW DO WE KNOW IT'S A PS3 DEMO BRO

Edit: But seriously, this is a great comparison post. Good work.

It has been confirmed in the GI article..

I'd just like to mention, the HD photos released are not the same as the PS3 demo. The HD photos have lots of after-processing, while the PS3 demo was quite raw. As such, the french preview even commented on how poor the anti-aliasing was, but said R* still wishes to iron out these flaws before release.

Wow wow wow! This definitely puts it into perspective! Freaking awesome job OP! Evidently shows GTA V has come a long way!

Wow I'm impressed with how identical you got the scenarios in IV!

Something I noticed though, was that the motorbike wheel tread, parachute and the Sanchez are identical in both games. I know there is no reason to change anything apart from the graphics but I thought they would have changed or added some tiny details. For example, the Comet's rear bumper now has air out takes.