Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,083 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Grand_Theft_Coupe

Transportation In Grand Theft Auto V

Grand_Theft_Coupe

We have once saw on the newswire that Grand Theft Auto V will feature transportation, however Rockstar have said that it will include of cars, bikes, and aircraft. In Grand Theft Auto V's debut trailer we saw electrical overheads, which are used for light-rails. Since Grand Theft Auto V will take place in a modern day Los Angeles (in-game Los Santos), which has public transportation like buses, subways, taxi's, and light-rails. Why haven't Rockstar showed more of it in GTAV's Game Informer cover issue? Do you think Rockstar will show more of it in trailer 2? I almost forgot that Game Informer's cover issue said something along the lines of ''people waiting along the bus stop''.

Please feel free to lock if necessary! smile.gif

mubd

We'll probably see glimpses of it.

Hammertime12

I hope. That is one thing I wanted for a long time. A full fledged mass transit system. sly.gif

Johnny Playert

They have taxi's for sure. But tbh of all the things they didn't talk about (car customization and gun attachments for example) this worries me the least lol. As long as there are taxi's i'm ok. Yeah they talked about peds waiting for the bus, so it would be silly if buses wouldn't make it in.

fiftyyy

Doenst LA public suck big time? I wouldnt expect much on that part.

S1LV3R_W0LF

Well they mentioned about the workers waiting for the buses (and no it wasn't real life they clearly stated Los Santos environment), although in GTAIV there were no actual active buses they were parked. But maybe this time they do it different.

mmmfloorpie

It would be cool if they could go back to a GTA 2 idea.

Have transit buses that run set routes and that actually picks up and drops off passengers.

They also had a subway system that peds would get onto and get off of at different stops.

They also hailed cabs.

GTA4 lacked all of these features.

From what I've read in GI, it's said that peds would wait for transit and then later in the day you could see them working in the gardens of mansions, etc.

So I'm curious as to whether this means that transit will actually be useable by the NPCs.

TyphoonJames

I was disappointed in IV where the only buses I saw were parked and not being driven on routes around Liberty City. I hope this is improved.

mubd

Well, there's little rail based transport, so I'd expect buses to be in the game.

herounderfireza

One thing that really impressed me was the way peds will go on with their own lives. People will wait at the bus stop early in the morning, and then take the bus to work. Later on in the day you will be able to see them work in the gardens of Rockford Hills or whatever. I'm really excited about this for some reason. I'm going to follow a worker on the bus to his/her work, just to see how they make that journey.

I wonder if we will also be able to ride on the bus? Like in RDR we could ride on the train.

Grand_Theft_Coupe

Los Angeles is usually famous for its mass transit system, which is why I believe Rockstar should include it.

GTA Fiend

One thing that really impressed me was the way peds will go on with their own lives. People will wait at the bus stop early in the morning, and then take the bus to work. Later on in the day you will be able to see them work in the gardens of Rockford Hills or whatever. I'm really excited about this for some reason. I'm going to follow a worker on the bus to his/her work, just to see how they make that journey.

I wonder if we will also be able to ride on the bus? Like in RDR we could ride on the train.

One of the most disappointing things about GTAIV was the fact that the NPCs really weren't headed anywhere. They were basically walking in circles. Hopefully in GTAV they have actual destinations (to school, work, the store, etc).

I wanna follow some nice lady home from work and "introduce" myself to her. rolleyes.gif

gtafan023

i dont know is it me,but i REALLY want a real time internal transportation feature in this game,which means if i step in the train,instead of just showing me the training running,i would hope i can control my character inside the train,such as walking,punching,shooting,taking a pictere

Stripes1981

I wanna be able to ride buses, trains and subways very badly. I think it is the little things like these in GTA games that is one

of the reasons why I love them soo much

Garganda

I would like to see more buses on the road, they were always parked in IV but rarely driving around. It would be cool to see them pull over and pick people up/let people out

Edited by Garganda

Forestroad08

1) We Should Be Able To Drive Buses And Transport Passengers In Different Areas (Not Only In The City But There Should Be Like A Coach Bus To Transport Them In Other Smaller Towns And Country Areas)

2) Same Goes For Cab Driver

3) Private Jet Pilot (For Sightseeing Or Transporting Passengers/Celebrities), Smuggling Drugs, Ammo Etc Side Missions In Free Roam

Grand_Theft_Coupe

I'm really excited for what Rockstar could do with the Expo line in Los Angeles! sly.gif

Signal1

You wont need public transport. You can fly in GTA V, change character and you will fly well above the outer limits of space, then zoom back into a different character in a different location.

Public transport is now useless.

Grand_Theft_Coupe
You wont need public transport. You can fly in GTA V, change character and you will fly well above the outer limits of space, then zoom back into a different character in a different location.

Public transport is now useless.

You can do that for Grand Theft Auto V yourself! Most people want transportation in the game so that it can add to the realism of it! Since Los Santos is now modernized, why wouldn't you add transportation into a game that is based off a city that mainly uses nothing but buses, trains, cars/taxi's, light-rails, commuter-rails, etc?!

The Unknown Man

I would love to ride a bus across the city/countryside and just watch the scenery. cool.gif

AtomicPunk

At this point, I really don't see R* adding buses, controllable trains, public transportation systems or it would've been touched on a little bit in trailer 1 or G.I.. It's looking like IV.2 boys.

sivaG

There would be some scenes showing the transportation details in the second trailer 2!!! cool.gif

user posted image

Isn't that a railway track?

BlackandWhite23
There would be some scenes showing the transportation details in the second trailer 2!!! cool.gif

user posted image

Isn't that a railway track?

No its a Lifted Highway

sivaG

No its a Lifted Highway

Thanks for the reply! smile.gif

Actually,I had the doubt whether it is an elevated highway or a railway track.Thank you for clearing that up! smile.gif

kasparlaks

I never rode on a train. Why the f*ck would I want to sit on a boring train when I could steal a f*cking car?

The only cool thing about trains is when you escape wanted level.

AtomicPunk
I never rode on a train. Why the f*ck would I want to sit on a boring train when I could steal a f*cking car?

It's not about that, it's about being able to drive the train. Maybe stop and load stuff onto it, or do a couple missions involving it instead of chasing the damn thing. Then, we want to derail that mother and watch the sparks fly. You know, like in San An.

kasparlaks

It's not about that, it's about being able to drive the train. Maybe stop and load stuff onto it, or do a couple missions involving it instead of chasing the damn thing. Then, we want to derail that mother and watch the sparks fly. You know, like in San An.

Okay then. That was fun tounge.gif

BlademanX

If It was London I would understand. But Public transport isnt Los Angeles strong point!

webbm1

Would love trains, even if you wouldn't use it often, its great to know you have the choice and its there if you do fancy it.

mediocore

Is that a canoe?! (I swear I haven't edited this image at all)

user posted image