3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

The Forum Musicians' Commune

gamesguru

Nah, I use FL Studio 9 (now 10). Always have and always will. Great UI, easy to understand.

And thanks. smile.gif

Nah, I use FL Studio 9 (now 10). Always have and always will. Great UI, easy to understand.

And thanks. smile.gif

ahh i use 9 aswell, haven't made the switch to 10 yet even tho i downloaded it. where do you get your vst's? i have a few but need to revamp my collection.

nice f*cking sample. i kno its hard to match tempos and u can really can hear that in ur beat. has a nice start just put a little more effort into it skins and it'll be real nice.

rite now sounds like some 80's underground. if that is what u are going for u nailed it but i think u can make it a little better.

but your beat "lala" is the f*cking sh*t man i want that beat.

yeah I just don't know what else to do with it. I hate getting stuck with something.

thanks for liking the lala track, it's so much fun to get blazed and just experiment with all kinds of stuff. I've been messing around with layering drums lately, which makes it sound a lot better.

yeah I just don't know what else to do with it. I hate getting stuck with something.

thanks for liking the lala track, it's so much fun to get blazed and just experiment with all kinds of stuff. I've been messing around with layering drums lately, which makes it sound a lot better.

ya i kno what u mean man matching tempos is a bitch. wat do u use? u can manipulate it really well with Fruity Loops but it doesn't always come out perfect. im working on a sample rite now and the problem is matching the drums and snares.

dude, send me an .mp3 of that lala track i want it in my collection!

At my dad's new place, he bought an iMac while moving in and he's got Logic Express on it, sh*t's pretty damn sweet.

Picked up a Akai LPK25 and a Akai LPD8 today, they work amazingly smoothly, pretty basic stuff but not bad for 96€.

Having the ability to hook up a guitar aswell, and remembering the fact I'm working with a 800€ Genelec speaker set, I'm so gonna step my game up from now on.

At my dad's new place, he bought an iMac while moving in and he's got Logic Express on it, sh*t's pretty damn sweet.

Picked up a Akai LPK25 and a Akai LPD8 today, they work amazingly smoothly, pretty basic stuff but not bad for 96€.

Having the ability to hook up a guitar aswell, and remembering the fact I'm working with a 800€ Genelec speaker set, I'm so gonna step my game up from now on.

I ordered the LPK25 myself. I've heard good things about it.

Also got a a Line6 TonePort UX2 for my guitar and my mic, which is arriving soon with the LPK.

Also got a a Line6 TonePort UX2 for my guitar and my mic, which is arriving soon with the LPK.

Toneport? I've dad's got the UX2, it's an audio interface, is that what you're talking 'bout?

If you are, yeah, it's amazing, and so is the LPK25.

Toneport? I've dad's got the UX2, it's an audio interface, is that what you're talking 'bout?

Yup, TonePort UX2, the audio interface. Very good piece of equipment. biggrin.gif

Yup, TonePort UX2, the audio interface. Very good piece of equipment. biggrin.gif

Indeed, it is biggrin.gif

Nice amount of plugs in a small device, guaranteed to work and very compact. What else can you really ask for?

yeah I just don't know what else to do with it.  I hate getting stuck with something. 

thanks for liking the lala track, it's so much fun to get blazed and just experiment with all kinds of stuff.  I've been messing around with layering drums lately, which makes it sound a lot better.

ya i kno what u mean man matching tempos is a bitch. wat do u use? u can manipulate it really well with Fruity Loops but it doesn't always come out perfect. im working on a sample rite now and the problem is matching the drums and snares.

dude, send me an .mp3 of that lala track i want it in my collection!

I'll upload that mp3 later today, kinda busy at the moment.

Right now I use a Boss SP-505. I sample from vinyl, youtube, movies or whatever into that and then create patterns. Whenever I am finished with that, I record into Audacity and then attempt to EQ, Compress, etc.. with Acid Pro.

edit: download link

Edited by Skins

nice sampler man how do u like the layout of audacity? is it real user friendly? once i got into fruity loops man i never looked back. its really simple but im thinkin of branching out in case i cant find fl somewhere i'll be able to use other programs.

thanks for the .mp3 man has anyone used it? i might if u let me...

Packets

http://soundcloud.com/ables/packets

Audacity is really simple. It's just a quick easy recording program that's free, but it's pretty basic.

Fruity Loops is cool though, I've heard some bad ass stuff made on that. Trying out other programs is fun too, always good to increase your knowledge.

And sure you can use it. Just let me hear whatever you do with it

Edited by Skins

Working on a new track, here's a preview

http://soundcloud.com/piperka/projectblast/s-X2Gzj

Started it and worked on it for about 15 minutes yesterday and that's a bit of what I've done so far. When I have time I'll do it all properly.

I don't use drum loops and what not, because I have no idea how to use them and I'd rather do every sound individually because then I can do it however I want. tounge.gif

Edited by Piperka

Cool electronica stuff. You should make stuff longer than 30 seconds though. Also for that type of music, I think it sounds much better when you build it up, slowly adding sounds till it peaks and then bring it down again.

And yeah using individual drum sounds are more fun and offer endless creativity. Drum loops can sound awesome, but they get repetitive.

Cool electronica stuff. You should make stuff longer than 30 seconds though. Also for that type of music, I think it sounds much better when you build it up, slowly adding sounds till it peaks and then bring it down again.

And yeah using individual drum sounds are more fun and offer endless creativity. Drum loops can sound awesome, but they get repetitive.

Yeah I did make it build up but I just posted that bit. So far its about 2 minutes but It'll be longer when it's fully done. colgate.gif

MLVDDaniel ThomasVocals, Songwriting/ComposingPop, Rock, RnB Facebook

Twitter

I haven't released anything at the moment but I'm look for people interested in helping me make some demos.

EDIT: I don't know what went wrong with the table.

You forgot to put the tableb tags at the beginning and end. smile.gif

[tableb] [/tableb]

MLVD Daniel Thomas Vocals, Songwriting/Composing Pop, Rock, RnB Facebook

Twitter

[tableb]MLVDDaniel ThomasVocals, Songwriting/ComposingPop, Rock, RnB FacebookTwitter[/tableb]

Edited by The Guru
Tommy-Vercetti19

Something i done today. I've been working really hard on my blending and my mastering but, since i don't have a MIDI keyboard to play off it was still difficult making the melody and it sounds off on the track. Still have to do some more mastering but i'm pretty happy with the outcome for a newbie.

http://soundcloud.com/graham-h/what-you-dont-know