4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

gamesguru

The Forum Musicians' Commune

mr quick

If you're up for some constructive criticism:

The guitar is slightly out of tune on both songs however...

Slash's guitar is out of tune...

:lol:

Ha! Very true. When people put threads wherein which they ask how to get a slash sound, I always tell them to tune by ear.

ilovebender.com

If you're up for some constructive criticism:

The guitar is slightly out of tune on both songs however...

Slash's guitar is out of tune...

:lol:

Ha! Very true. When people put threads wherein which they ask how to get a slash sound, I always tell them to tune by ear.

Guns N' Roses - Eb

Slash's Snakepit - Eb

Velvet Revolver - Dropped D

Slash ft Myles Kennedy etc... E Standard

Slash ft Myles Kennedy live has seen some Snakepit songs change key to E Standard...

Edited by ilovebender.com

Carbinax

I dont understand the html format in the first post , but here are my details and musicz

2ndMOUSE......electronic music like Orbital , Plaid , Boards of Canada , Leftfield , aphex twin

Every track is different.

http://www.soundcloud.com/2ndMOUSE ( single tracks )

http://www.2ndMOUSE.bandcamp.com ( albums )

Here's a few videos

universetwisters

Probably a dumb question, but is anyone still making techno with a keyboard or is it all computer?

mr quick

I use keyboards. I think it's pretty much 50/50. It also depends on the techno in question, detroit, chicago, etc

universetwisters

Happy hardcore/trance. Just happy bouncy stuff in general.

mr quick

It's too variable. I, for one, prefer instruments and analog synthesizers, but many others will prefer the computer-based stuff

Edmachine

Not sure if I have posted this here, but: https://soundcloud.com/edmachine/124a-1

Marwin, that Demo 21 thing was pretty sweet, nice meds, man (melodies, I'm trying to be hip).

mr quick

I fixed it though, removed that excessive reverb + chorus

e: here, see if the dry version sounds better. https://soundcloud.com/marwinmoody/min-sang-21-kopi-2

Don't know what I'm going to do with it though.

e2: fixed the phatt track demo. Need to find a vocalist.

https://soundcloud.com/marwinmoody/phatt-phix

Thoughts? I know some tracks are out of sync, I only post demos or WIP

e3: I think 21 might sound cool with some nasty organs. Time to bust out the Nord C2D.

Edited by Marwin Moody

Kafonix

Me 'n' my band:

mr quick

Not much to say about that. It's good, it fits their style. The dynamic range is sh*te though, but that's not your fault.

Drunken Cowboy

Drunken Cowboy /// Starved /// Guitar/Bass/Drums /// Heavy Metal / Melodic Death Metal /// Soundcloud (Setting up soon)

Have a lot of tracks thrown into FL Studio and Reaper, hoping to finish them soon.

Edited by Drunken Cowboy

I'd like to get into producing music on my computer. Not as a potential career but simply as a hobby.

What I'm interested in is recording sounds from my environment, moving them onto my pc and messing around with them, binding sounds to keys on a small keyboard and making a melody out of some clunk or bird noise I catch. I'm not so much interested in creating sounds from scratch.

What would be the best software for this purpose? I've got a ~1000€ gaming pc. Is there something that music production really needs that a typical gaming pc wouldn't have? Continuous/multi-touch keyboards have really caught my eye. Haken Continuum and Roli Seaboard are both priced at several thousands but I found TouchKeys on Kickstarter, which basically does the same job for about 200€ per octave.

Wonderbro

I'd like to get into producing music on my computer. Not as a potential career but simply as a hobby.

What I'm interested in is recording sounds from my environment, moving them onto my pc and messing around with them, binding sounds to keys on a small keyboard and making a melody out of some clunk or bird noise I catch. I'm not so much interested in creating sounds from scratch.

What would be the best software for this purpose? I've got a ~1000€ gaming pc. Is there something that music production really needs that a typical gaming pc wouldn't have? Continuous/multi-touch keyboards have really caught my eye. Haken Continuum and Roli Seaboard are both priced at several thousands but I found TouchKeys on Kickstarter, which basically does the same job for about 200€ per octave.

I'd personally recommend Ableton Live. FL Studio may seem simpler at first, but it got too restrictive for me after a while. You don't really need anything other than a computer at first. If you want a gadget for just messing around then you should probably buy a cheap MIDI keyboard or a drum pad.

Mak

Okay, so i'm pretty much new to the wonderful world of instruments, I got a basic acoustic guitar around early September last year,

learned to do some basic stuff like playing a scale, and a chord or two, so school caught up and exams, now im free, and want to get back

to learning and playing.

First off all the guitars got a bit dusty, and i want to know how do i clean it, i don't have any of those fancy guitar cleaning stuff,

basically how to clean the dust from under the strings on the neck and bridge and some smudges, i tried with a cloth but couldn't

get any satisfying results.

Second i think it would be best to restart the basics as i have gone rusty, i don't have the privilege to hire an instructor or the likes

and i have to learn to play by myself, so any help on that department? like tutorial videos or something.

mr quick

Get a microfiber cloth and optionally, some Fender guitar polish, that's what I use :) Change the strings first of all. Come join us in the "New Guitar Topic" and we'll help you out.

I'd personally recommend Ableton Live. FL Studio may seem simpler at first, but it got too restrictive for me after a while. You don't really need anything other than a computer at first. If you want a gadget for just messing around then you should probably buy a cheap MIDI keyboard or a drum pad.

Thanks. Just ordered an Akai MPK Mini 2 midi keyboard and a Zoom H1 external recorder. I also acquired Ableton Live 9 Suite.

Here we go.

Wonderbro

Thanks. Just ordered an Akai MPK Mini 2 midi keyboard and a Zoom H1 external recorder. I also acquired Ableton Live 9 Suite.

Here we go.

Great choice on the keyboard. Haven't used the MPK Mini myself, but I do have the Akai LPK25 which has the same keys. Great for the price.

It's really cool how consistent your sound has been throughout the years. Smooth stuff as always.

Edmachine

@Piperka: Good stuff, man, but every time I feel like there's just too much compression. It's a bit distracting.

Here's a thing: https://soundcloud.com/edmachine/124a-2

GrindingOnDatNRG

Hey guys here's my soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/paddlez

I mainly make hip hop beats and bounce music. Enjoy.

If anyone needs something in my style feel free to send me a message and I will do it for free.

Edited by GrindingOnDatNRG

GTA564

EDIT

Edited by GTA564

RipGore

Amarez - "Staph Aureus"

This was for a school project, but most of all, it was for my heart and hopefully its sound can make someone happy out there.

The Pizza Delivery Guy

I've been working on a solo album for about 4 months now. It's almost done. Here's the title track

Colognenigguh

Jeansowaty

https://soundcloud.com/jeansowaty

Been doing tracks since late 2014... they are nothing great, but at least I'm trying :colgate: I'm doing stuff in many genres so to say, in many electronic ones. You can classify them as "Braindance", the term used by Aphex Twin. If not that, then IDM, Experimental Electronica, Techno, Drum and Bass, Acid, Chiptune, Industrial...

Edited by Jeansowaty

Kafonix

Something we did 2004 (when I wasn't in the band yet)