Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,935 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

gamesguru

The Forum Musicians' Commune

mr quick

It's the guitar of the 2010's so I don't see why not..! You should ask the led-by of this section (if you're unsure), whose name is on the very bottom of the subforum front page.

∴

Decided to share my new Bandcamp with you all where I'll be uploading ambient music under the name of Neptune Homme. Ambient music often gets a bad reputation for being boring but the way I see it, ambient music is its own background. I decided to engineer it with purpose, so I'll be focusing on "music for" collections. They're distraction free, and I believe ambient music should provide an environment, not demand your attention.

As for whether we need a topic for producers, it depends whether there's enough that actually consider themselves producers. I think this topic would be suffice for all aspects of making music, whether it's recording, producing, managing or building.

Mister Pink

Would anyone fancy a producers topic? Or would that be silly?

If you want to go ahead and make a topic that discusses production techniques, share tutorials, tips and have actual discussion, I'm for it. If it becomes a place where people just post their music just to promote their stuff, then no, we can go with what Craig mentioned. I'm also unsure if we'll have enough producers too that will contribute.

I've been trying to work on a new track. I don't take this seriously as you can hear. I have 3 tracks from about 06/07 and the top one is like a preview I uploaded to share with a friend that was helping learn Ableton. I think I can make beats and pick up melodies but I've zero skill in mixing, mastering or anything. It's another creative outlet. I always dreamed that in the future I'll take it more seriously and focus more.

https://soundcloud.com/the-falling-man

@Craig: Love the titles man. I'm going to have a listen in work tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

∴

Thanks. For as long as I keep thinking of themes, I'll be updating regularly.

RipGore

"Downtown Dreams"

Denver's tall skyline and its mountain backdrop inspires me with their massiveness, high as my hopes and dreams can go.

Edited by RipGore

Mikeol2014

Here is three songs from me and the band playing a show last week:
For fans of alternative rock/grunge/punk

I'm the bassist with the super bling Stanley Kubrick jumper on. Edited by Mikeol2014

Cosmic Gypsy

New Hip Hop from me and a friend from Indonesia, Sickness MP.

Old school boom bap style.

Phreegy

Hi, will you add me to the list? btw I've made a remix on gta 4 theme song, so you can check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS4yNOaxYjU

[tr]PhreegyPhreegyProductionTrap/DnB/ElectroHouse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS4yNOaxYjU https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he2uhA4nO1whttps://soundcloud.com/phreegy/enter-the-void Twitter.com/phreegy soundcloud.com/phreegy https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHUYlixaCbbRfBX5x7LO-cg
Edited by Phreegy

RipGore

I recently formed a band called Nova In Motion. Here is our song, "Partners In Crime". Hope you enjoy!

Red XIII

Is it possible to upload a couple of vids straight from my phone to this thread or do i have to upload on youtube first?

∴

Upload to YouTube first, then embed with the URL here.

RipGore

I did a cover of "Starboy" by The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk

[tr]
[tr]
[td]RipGore[/td]
[td]Nova In Motion[/td]
[td]Keyboards, Vocals[/td]
[td]Electronic, Alternative, Rock, Trap[/td]
[td]

[/td]
[td]YouTube, Soundcloud, Facebook, Twitter[/td]
[/tr] Edited by Mister Pink

Landotel

Just wanted to try out sampling and it turned out pretty well. It was a small project and it was no less than a day, I just thought it would be cool to experiment and I know it's not the best thing in the world. I just wanted to try once in a while and to be honest, I don't know if I'll go back to sampling anytime soon. This is also my first time making or sampling music. Just thought chill hop would be a cool idea.

https://soundcloud.com/mangotangojuicy/venture-harry

Mister Pink

Just wanted to try out sampling and it turned out pretty well. It was a small project and it was no less than a day, I just thought it would be cool to experiment and I know it's not the best thing in the world. I just wanted to try once in a while and to be honest, I don't know if I'll go back to sampling anytime soon. This is also my first time making or sampling music. Just thought chill hop would be a cool idea.

https://soundcloud.com/mangotangojuicy/venture-harry

Well done. I like the Jazzy Hip Hope vibe and the Clint Eastwood sample.

Queen

Strange. I've been visiting the music section for years but never bothered to fill this out. Better late than never, I guess.

Assuming the OP is still active, I'll just leave this here.

[tr]
Queen
Concert Band
Trumpet/Conducting/Arranging/Composing/Private Lessons
Classical and jazz (some fusion too)
N/A

edit: for some reason the codes are all f*cked up. My apologies.

I'm currently working on Appalachian Spring by Aaron Copland in the band I'm in. It's f*cking awesome. Copland is one of those composers that is about as American as one can get. His music wreaks of the western frontier, if you know what I mean. Anyway, the conductor worked the sh*t out of us from 1:40 - 2:06. It's pretty cool because you've got these running eighths in the woodwind section with occasional accents. But at the same time the brass has this real legato melody full of beautiful harmony. It's a cool contrast, and I think it's often overlooked. When people think of Appalachian Spring they always think of 6:18 - 6:47. Gorgeous melody though.
Also working on this piece by John Mackey. It's f*cking brutal. Love the brass (mostly trumpets) in the beginning. The middle section is growing on me, but I'm not particularly crazy about it.
Edited by Queen

RipGore

"Rejected"

Cheat

I feel like it's time for me to step up my game and start making my own sounds. Thing is, I don't know a thing about how synthesizers work. Does anyone have a good place to start? Like a YouTube channel or a blog or something?

Edited by Cheat

Waingro

***Moved**

In between trying to duck rockets from the Ruiner 2000's and read the Speculation thread I play in a soul/R&B band based in NYC called Brandi & the Alexanders....we've toured, been on local radio, opened for bands, but it's time up our game.

I'm hoping this community is as supportive with crazy mods and realistic steak as it is with music so here goes:

Brandi & the Alexanders need your support to make a record!

Please, just have a listen and if if the mood strikes you donate or share- the band and I would really appreciate your help:
https://igg.me/at/br...heas/x/12021460

Prior EP: https://brandiandthe...rs.bandcamp.com

You can also check us out on spotify...

If you got any questions just message me, thanks!

-Waingro

Piperka

Deleted all my other crap and started fresh (again lol)

Edited by Piperka

Mister Pink

I feel like it's time for me to step up my game and start making my own sounds. Thing is, I don't know a thing about how synthesizers work. Does anyone have a good place to start? Like a YouTube channel or a blog or something?

Sorry for the mega late reply. It may be irrelevant now.

I've made music on an off pretty casually for the last 10 years. I never dedicated myself it just f*cked around. In my experience my advice would be to just pick a software you are comfortable with and just set out to learn it. I'm using Ableton now. It's pretty much standard in the industry. There's a bit of a learning curve with all things this technical but there's plenty of support and tutorials out there. Just remember there are a few approaches to music production. You'll find different teachers have different methods and abilities. Finding a teacher or good tutorial series is really down to the research you put in.

It can all be a bit overwhelming trying to figuring out where to start. I would say focus on mastering beats and possibly learn how to sample then move on from there. I know you like Hip Hop so I'm guessing those two will be appealing to you first. During this process you'll find plenty of videos and people willing to share their knowledge. It's up to you to find someone who is on your level but can teach you something new.

I used these guys starting off on Ableton.

@Cosmic: Great track man

Edited by Mister Pink

Homemade Dynamite

-ignore-

Edited by Homemade Dynamite