Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,730 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Silent

[SA|CLEO] Cruise Control: Reloaded

Silent

Cruise Control: Reloaded 1.0

What's 'Reloaded'?

Reloaded is a series of modifications I'm going to write, which are basically remakes of my old mods, written back in 2008 or 2009. These mostly were bad and weren't working great. Now, my coding skills allow me to write them from scratch, this time working better and faster. All the mods are going to be Open Source, including both new style and old style sources, so you can compare them both and learn how the same (or similar) script can be written in several ways. Please note that it's NOT recommended to EVER use any of the old sources for any reason except than learning (by seeing bad habits)!

The first Reloaded mod I'm going to show you is Cruise Control (previously called Tempomat). It might not sound exciting or complex and indeed, this time it's a very simple mod (Silent's aging, eh? tounge.gif). The idea itself might have been made by several modders already, but this release is supposed to be the most natural Cruise Control available. It works differently from the other available mods, so the car's still obeying all the physics laws, and the steering works like the mod's operating your joypad manually (which it does indeed!).

This mod is compatible with the CLEO 3/4 Libraries found here:

http://cleo.sannybuilder.com/

Put CLEO folder (with all their content) in your game directory (not much of a content though!).

Download

As GTAGarage widget is gone for now:

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=22133

Usage

Press the = button whilst driving to activate Cruise Control. You will hear a single beep indicating that mod is active and waiting you to release throttle. After doing so, you will hear a second beep and vehicle's speed will be kept steady. Accelerate or brake to deactivate Cruise Control.

Known bugs

None.

That's gonna be the simplest CLEO ever released by me here tounge2.gif

Edited by SilentPL

LINK/2012

Going to see nooby mods made in a complex way tounge.gif

aStiffSausage

Going to see nooby mods made in a complex way tounge.gif

This, but also with a lot better functionality! smile.gif

Will test this right away.

EDIT: God damn it, you've done it again! Thanks really much! smile.gif

Btw, got one suggestion for this mod: If you could add decrease/increase option?

Edited by oksa8

Silent

Btw, got one suggestion for this mod: If you could add decrease/increase option?

Thought about it, had no idea which keypress to use tounge.gif

aStiffSausage

Thought about it, had no idea which keypress to use tounge.gif

Maybe +/-? smile.gif

Though I guess a way to customize keypresses (other than compiling own script) would be good. Especially for people who aren't using "stantard" keyboard-overlay.

Silent

Though I guess a way to customize keypresses (other than compiling own script) would be good. Especially for people who aren't using "stantard" keyboard-overlay.

That's going to decrease compatibility with EXEs other than 1.0 (NOT going to make it CLEO4 only), but should be possible.

EvilRaptor

This is cool man, looking forward to more of your stuff biggrin.gif

On the question of keypresses, could you not use the SCM opcode

00E1:   player 0 pressed_key 19 

using 14 (reverse) or 16 (accelerate) for increasing and decreasing the speed? As these are the ones that relate to customizable controls...

Silent

Well, both are used to toggle Cruise Control off (just like in the real autocruise, when you press brake it shuts down instantly).

EvilRaptor

I guess that's true enough, what about the positive/negative conversation response buttons, 10 and 11 (respectively)?

I'm just thinking about the prospects of people having custom controls, that's all, it'd be cool though :]

Silent

Indeed, Y/N (or DPad Up/DPad Down) seems like the best keypresses to implement this. Guess I'll add it soon.

TheGodfather.

I used the mod but the speed still decrease a bit slowly but it decreases even if you use the mod..Can u please fix that ??

aStiffSausage

I got a small suggestion, maybe for additional version.

When you press brake, the mod would temporarily stop working and when brake is released, it would accelerate back to set speed. Or when pressing brake, the cruise-control speed would set to 0 until acceleration-key is pressed. Would help a lot when driving in a city, when you don't need to set the speed all the time in a small alley where you could just let the car glide.

Silent

That could work, although it indeed should be an additional version - real life cruise control shutdowns after pressing brake pedal, safety reason.

Silent

Thought I'd bump it with some news:

I'm planning to release 1.1 version which will cover all the requests in its INI file. That's how it might look:

[CruiseControl]; Set to 1 to make Cruise Control shutdown permanently after pressing Accelerate key; Setting to 0 will make it shutdown temporaily and go back to esired speed when key is releasedDisableOnAccelerate=0; The same as above, but with Brake keyDisableOnBrake=1; Toggle on/off key; Virtual Key Code, see virtualkeys.txt for referenceToggleKey=11; Increase Speed key; Virtual Key Code, see virtualkeys.txt for referenceIncreaseSpeedKey=12; Decrease Speed key; Virtual Key Code, see virtualkeys.txt for referenceDecreaseSpeedKey=13

I also thought about a little API (one SCM function), which could allow implementing a new arrow for speedometers which will indicate the speed Cruise Control is aiming at (18 Wheels of Steel anyone?). I'm thinking about shipping an example speedometer (most likely, the one made by Alexander Blade) with this feature applied.

Gramps

Thats awesome ! ^ v1.1 is going to be great icon14.gif

Can I make a suggestion?

It's not really 'cruise control' as such; but more of a way to cruise with the traffic ..

Possible to set a speed limit (that similar to the speed of the NPC's drive in town); so we can't go over this speed limit with disabling it. That way we can drive around town like a normal person, instead of normal-crazy-GTA-style.

Also, is it possible to somehow 'decrease acceleration' .. Its easy to control acceleration when using a XBOX360 control (by using the triggers underneath) .. But with a keyboard, as soon as I put my finger on the 'W' key, its 'full acceleration'; theres no inbetween (except if I tap, but that isn't realistic)

I hope thats easy to understand ^

EDIT

Disregard that last bit, will probably be to hard to implement. I guess the easiest way to achieve it would be to use my 360 controller when I want to drive around town like a normal person. I just left it there incase anyone else had any input/thoughts into the idea.

Silent

Both are possible to implement (not 100% sure about the 1st one though). Perhaps I could add "Gentle movments" button, which would 'slow down' the WSAD inputs when pressed (say, press Shift + W to accelerate slowly).

Gramps
Perhaps I could add "Gentle movments" button, which would 'slow down' the WSAD inputs when pressed (say, press Shift + W to accelerate slowly).

Perfect ! inlove.gif

Sorry we haven't caught up on Skype in a while; different Timezones lol. My PC is always on, so i'm always on Skype, even though I'm not around

aStiffSausage

Has there been progress in v2.0? smile.gif

Silent

Unfortunately not, many other things were stealing my time tounge.gif

IBS-RP

Where is download link???

chairmansaab

Please make one for cleo Android!!

step2ice

Usage

Press the = button whilst driving to activate Cruise Control. You will hear a single beep indicating that mod is active and waiting you to release throttle. After doing so, you will hear a second beep and vehicle's speed will be kept steady. Accelerate or brake to deactivate Cruise Control.

Well I have a couple of Cleo mods installed. I tried your cruise control cause it sounded what I need. Unfortunately the = or 0 key does nothing when pressed ingame.

Could it be that your *cs file is sensitive or interferes with others in the Cleo folder?

Edited by step2ice

Wylight

Usage

Well I have a couple of Cleo mods installed. I tried your cruise control cause it sounded what I need. Unfortunately the = or 0 key does nothing when pressed ingame.

Could it be that your *cs file is sensitive or interferes with others in the Cleo folder?

First of all, congrats for the bump :)

Second, try it without any other mods, see what happens and make sure you install it correctly.

TurnCoatModder

Hi Silent. First, this is a great idea. But "0" key or "Shift" + "0" for "Equals" isn't working for me. Can we set a different key for this?

Edited by TurnCoatModder

MaggieSchlucker

Thought I'd bump it with some news:

I'm planning to release 1.1 version which will cover all the requests in its INI file. That's how it might look:

CODE [CruiseControl]

; Set to 1 to make Cruise Control shutdown permanently after pressing Accelerate key

; Setting to 0 will make it shutdown temporaily and go back to esired speed when key is released

DisableOnAccelerate=0

; The same as above, but with Brake key

DisableOnBrake=1

; Toggle on/off key; Virtual Key Code, see virtualkeys.txt for reference

ToggleKey=11

; Increase Speed key; Virtual Key Code, see virtualkeys.txt for reference

IncreaseSpeedKey=12

; Decrease Speed key; Virtual Key Code, see virtualkeys.txt for reference

DecreaseSpeedKey=13

I also thought about a little API (one SCM function), which could allow implementing a new arrow for speedometers which will indicate the speed Cruise Control is aiming at (18 Wheels of Steel anyone?). I'm thinking about shipping an example speedometer (most likely, the one made by Alexander Blade) with this feature applied.

I don't find the download for v1.1.. :D

Khal Drogo

@Silent

There will be a new version?
The current version of the mod does not work.