Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,864 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Elyobo893

PC Version of GTA V Discussion

Zeta87

And how do you know it won't happen this year? Are you Dan or Sam or Leslie? If no. don't be so sure.

I am using my brains dude. Every PC version of GTA got released after 6-8 months. Explain me, why this should be different?

Gran Theft Auto was released on PC on March 24th, 1998 and on Sony Playstation on July 2nd, 1998.

Grand Theft Auto - London 1969 was released on Sony Playstation on April 29th, 1999 and on PC on May 25th, 1999 ( less than a month between releases )

Grand Theft Auto 2 was released on Sony Playstation on October 22th, 1999 and on PC on October 27th, 1999 ( 5 days after Play Station )

You're right about Vice City: on October 29th, 2002 on PS2, on May, 13th 2003 on PC ( on November 4th, 2003 on Xbox )

You're right about San Andreas too: on October 26th, 2004 on PS2 and on June 7th, 2005 on PC and Xbox

You're right about Grand Theft Auto 4 aswell: April 29th, 2008 on PS3 and Xbox 360 and on December 3rd, 2008 on PC.

My point? Yeah, not every PC version of GTA got released after 6-8 months monocle.gif .

Why can't be different for GTA V?

Game2048

And how do you know it won't happen this year? Are you Dan or Sam or Leslie? If no. don't be so sure.

I am using my brains dude. Every PC version of GTA got released after 6-8 months. Explain me, why this should be different?

Gran Theft Auto was released on PC on March 24th, 1998 and on Sony Playstation on July 2nd, 1998.

Grand Theft Auto - London 1969 was released on Sony Playstation on April 29th, 1999 and on PC on May 25th, 1999 ( less than a month between releases )

Grand Theft Auto 2 was released on Sony Playstation on October 22th, 1999 and on PC on October 27th, 1999 ( 5 days after Play Station )

You're right about Vice City: on October 29th, 2002 on PS2, on May, 13th 2003 on PC ( on November 4th, 2003 on Xbox )

You're right about San Andreas too: on October 26th, 2004 on PS2 and on June 7th, 2005 on PC and Xbox

You're right about Grand Theft Auto 4 aswell: April 29th, 2008 on PS3 and Xbox 360 and on December 3rd, 2008 on PC.

My point? Yeah, not every PC version of GTA got released after 6-8 months monocle.gif .

Do you really don't feel the f*cking motherf*cking difference between "GTA games before GTA III" and "GTA games after GTA III"?

Is it really so hard for you to realize?

Edited by Game2048

Zeta87

You really don't feel the f*cking motherf*cking difference between "GTA games before GTA III" and "GTA games after GTA III"?

Is it hard for you to realize we can't be sure about a release date for the PC version?

Game2048

You really don't feel the f*cking motherf*cking difference between "GTA games before GTA III" and "GTA games after GTA III"?

Is it hard for you to realize we can't be sure about a release date for the PC version?

It's extremely stupid to mention GTA and GTA 2 as a proof that Rockstar does not always follow their pattern with 6-8 months - when you're talking about release date of GTA V on PC

r34ld34l

Do you really don't feel the f*cking motherf*cking difference between "GTA games before GTA III" and "GTA games after GTA III"?

First you telling us "EVERY GTA game" then you "after GTA III", make your mind, if you didn't play older GTA Games then you are no true fan and are just on a last hypertrain. Go away.

Zeta87

First you telling us "EVERY GTA game" then you "after GTA III", make your mind, if you didn't play older GTA Games then you are no true fan and are just on a last hypertrain. Go away.

Exactly, that guy sayed "Every PC version of GTA got released after 6-8 months"...

And it's not stupid to think they cannot follow that pattern...why not? Can't they change their mind? Omg...

Game2048

Stupid ignorant kids.

There are two turning points in Rockstar's and GTA's history.

1. Moving to the 3D

2. Extreme success of the series with huge sales.

Both happened with the release of GTA III.

Rockstar, their marketing views, decisions, and everything else changed after those turning points. Rockstar and GTA series before those turning points and after - two different companies and two different types of games.

Edited by Game2048

Game2048

Exactly, that guy sayed "Every PC version of GTA got released after 6-8 months"...

And it's not stupid to think they cannot follow that pattern...why not? Can't they change their mind? Omg...

I said to you in the previous post that they can break their pattern, but to provide GTA and GTA II as a proof they can break their pattern with GTA V because they did this with GTA and GTA II earlier - it's very stupid.

Edited by Game2048

Zeta87

Stupid ignorant kids.

There is two turning points in Rockstar's and GTA's history.

1. Moving to the 3D

Rockstar, their marketing views, decisions, and everything else changed after those turning points. Rockstar and GTA series before those turning points and after - two different companies and tow different types of games.

You can't predict the future, deal with it.

You didn't say they can break their pattern, read your previous post again.

Jesus...

Game2048
Stupid ignorant kids.

There is two turning points in Rockstar's and GTA's history.

1. Moving to the 3D

Rockstar, their marketing views, decisions, and everything else changed after those turning points. Rockstar and GTA series before those turning points and after - two different companies and tow different types of games.

You can't predict the future, deal with it.

Lol

GTAfan786

They can't change their minds because V needs to have a good optimization if it was to be on PC, therefore it might take a while if they still aren't used to it or it will take 1-3 months at the LEAST.

Zeta87

They can't change their minds because V needs to have a good optimization if it was to be on PC, therefore it might take a while if they still aren't used to it or it will take 1-3 months at the LEAST.

Do we know if they are at a good point in the development of the PC version? No...

Happyness

Can we all calm the f*ck down?

Andreas

Make another thread and name it "PC system requirements speculation thread" or something else.

This topic is dedicated to the PC version of GTAV. Basically, you can discuss anything related to it, that also includes discussions about the system requirements. If someone wants to talk about it, then you can either participate it or ignore it. Nobody forces you to read it. It's better to have one topic that includes everything, rather than having multiple topics that are basically about the same subject.

As for the release date of the GTAV PC version, nothing is really sure. It can be similar to the majority of Rockstar titles ever since GTAIII, which would be around 5-8 months after the initial release, but it could take less time this time on the other hand. One thing is sure: a simultaneous release is not going to happen; they haven't even announced the game for PC yet. But it could take only three months this time so there is still room for a release this year... I think it depends on how far ahead Rockstar considered the whole situation. Did they consider a possible delay [spring 2013 to September for instance] or weren't they prepared for it at all? Does it even have an impact on the PC version? Have they thought about a sooner release or is it supposed to be a late release, as in the usual “pattern”, since the beginning?

thedoode365

It's not really about R* changing their minds, its more of the fact that R*'s Toronto office (who worked on GTA's PC ports in the past) has merged with the Vancouver offices, which means that, if the PC port is actually being worked on, we will most likely see the same time frame that Max Payne had with its PC port.

DlZZEE

Here's a list of retailers which have PC version of GTAV available to pre-order.

Zavvi

Amazon France

Amazon UK

Amazon Germany

GamesOnly

We all know that It's basically a placeholder but if it turns out there will be no PC version then they're gonna be in big

trouble.

Zeta87
It's not really about R* changing their minds, its more of the fact that R*'s Toronto office (who worked on GTA's PC ports in the past) has merged with the Vancouver offices, which means that, if the PC port is actually being worked on, we will most likely see the same time frame that Max Payne had with its PC port.

2 weeks? A dream biggrin.gif

thedoode365

2 weeks? A dream biggrin.gif

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw something closer to a month, seeing as V will be on a much bigger scale, but with the merging of 2 R* offices, I couldn't help but to think the port wouldn't take less time to make.

uJhatafart00

GTA IV's pc version was announced in early August 2008, while consoles-version was released on 29th of April 2008 (so we can say May). "Doing the math" pc version was announced about 3 and 1/2 months later than console version was released. Counting 3 and 1/2 months from September 17th, you got early January 2014.

The game was originally planned to be released on November 18th and then delayed to December 3rd, so again about 3 and 1/2 moths after the announcement. Counting 3 and 1/2 months from early January, you got mid-March or so.

I think with GTA V it won't be different. No way pc-version is gonna be released before 2014, imho it makes no sense. I'm a pc-gamer, and being as optimist as possible I can see this version coming along with next-gen version in Spring 2014, most likely late March or early April. Not sooner. And this will be announced around Christmas/January maybe.

Anyway, I'm not gonna say "R* doesn't think to Pc-gamers" or "R* hates Pc-gamers" like many people do, even though I know this could be seen as some kind of "bastard" strategy. But considering all the passion and the hard-work they put in every single GTA game, to release them as good as they can (taking many years to develop at their best and not rushing games like EA) in my opinion they got the right to maximize sells.

And honestly with new-generation and all new games going to be released, I won't think so much of V and time will pass much faster than normal (maybe tounge.gif)

BUT, the only thing I care about as a long-time R* and GTA-fan, is a good porting of the game. I'll be really disappointed if they will do some sh*tty-porting like they did for GTA IV. I hope they learned the lesson, and sincerely I'm pretty confident about it wink.gif .

Andreas

Good point but there is something else to consider. Rockstar Vancouver developed Max Payne 3 for all platforms the title was released for, and Rockstar Leeds worked on the PC version too. However, GTAV is developed by Rockstar North, like all past games of the series, and the PC version will be/is developed by a completely seperate studio; either Rockstar Toronto, as it was the case with GTAIV and presumably the GTAs before, or Rockstar Leeds, who worked on the PC versions of L.A. Noire and Max Payne 3, just to name some recent examples. I would like to point out that MP3 was not a port; it was developed seperatly and simultaneously for each platform.

In the end, it really depends on when Rockstar started/starts the development of GTAV PC. Perhaps, they started with it some time ago and they are going to polish it a bit once the console release happened for a release 2-3 after the initial release; and that would most likely mean that the game's not a port. Either that, or they start to port the console version to PC after the initial release, which means a late release will be most likely the case again.

GTAfan786

Do we know if they are at a good point in the development of the PC version? No...

Calm the f*ck down. I didn't say it was, but IF it is, then read my statement.

Happyness

IF PC = 0 then PRINT "IN DEVELOPMENT" else PRINT "NOT IN DEVELOPMENT" ... Easy, no?

chuckberry04

I hope it won't come to pc biggrin.gif

Polish_Trucker
I hope it won't come to pc biggrin.gif

Sh*t storm incoming! cry.gif

Why don't you want it on a shiny PC? mad.gif

Lioshenka
I hope it won't come to pc  biggrin.gif

His parents won't give him money for a new computer.

Sneakerhead.
I hope it won't come to pc  biggrin.gif

His parents won't give him money for a new computer.

Lol I just got me a new computer. biggrin.gif

nigelhere9901
IF PC = 0 then PRINT "IN DEVELOPMENT" else PRINT "NOT IN DEVELOPMENT" ... Easy, no?

You forgot ENDIF.

Lol I just got me a new computer.  biggrin.gif

What are it's specs? I hope it's not an Alienware.

Sneakerhead.

You forgot ENDIF.

Alienware?

F*ck no.

It's a HP, I will post the specs tommorow hopefully.

All I know so far is that it has 6GB RAM DDR3 (I think it's DDR3)

Stopped

You forgot ENDIF.

It probably is, that's the sad thing.

Sneakerhead.

You forgot ENDIF.

It probably is, that's the sad thing.

Goddamit, it's NOT a ALIENWARE! mad.gif