Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,209 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Elyobo893

PC Version of GTA V Discussion

DlZZEE

So the waiting game starts now, I gotta unsubscribe to all my YT channels because there are spoilers everywhere -.-.

HungryDingo

My GTX 780 is lonely R* :(

Sunrise Driver

They need not just to announce PC version, but to enhance it with extra exclusive gameplay elements.

lh1

http://cdn.sc.rockstargames.com/images/games/GTAV/platform-switcher-20130610.png

It actually has the PC word in it, hmm interesting.

And this link has a different logo type of PS3

http://cdn.sc.rockstargames.com/images/games/GTAV/platform-switcher.png

Nice, using this I can say it's the old PS3 logo.

http://cdn.sc.rockstargames.com/images/games/MP3/platform-switcher.png

But you can actually see it if you have a dark background for GTA V

http://cdn.sc.rockstargames.com/images/games/GTAV/platform-switcher.png

Vercetti42

The PC version is being developed by R* right now, I have the feeling it's been in development since May/June this year, Rockstar just don't want to confirm it, come on Rockstar give us an announcement!

DlZZEE

There a website with a countdown, but don't know how official it is: http://www.rockstarannouncement.com/#sthash.Y0BR9W5S.KEUUQ5fx.dpbs

LOL it was counting down to October 1st now there are 16 hours left. Not sure what's the point of this website but all I see is a big load of bullsh*t. Edited by DizzeeXL

brian.

It was just a joke :p

Dunno when anything will be posted, but give it time. there will be more info than that :^:

jimmycakes

The PC version is being developed by R* right now, I have the feeling it's been in development since May/June this year, Rockstar just don't want to confirm it, come on Rockstar give us an announcement!

We don't care about feelings here, we want verifiable information.

Andreas

I doubt they will annouce it as soon as this week, but I could see it happening in a couple of weeks, around the time when GTA Online launches.

Sunrise Driver

We don't care about feelings here, we want verifiable information.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/540284-gtav-pc-version-in-the-works-heres-why/

PacketOverload_x64bit

Reports are coming out about aliasing and the lack of antialiasing. Nobody believed the PC crowd when we said those screens were done on a PC. I'm kinda stoked now, now that it is all but proven those screens and probably video as well were done on the PC platform, I'm thinking we may get it earlier than planned (next fall). Cheers to keeping those fingers crossed.

coolmaster958

it's so hard to watch all people celebrating the long-awaited V-day today...Damn you Rockstar. :angry:

jimmycakes

This is us today

geek_party.jpg

ViciousLuke

So yeah. Even more good news every day. Damn, it's already confirmed, but we need a release date, which we could only get after an official announcement :\

Also this proves that PC version was developed before, I think since 2012. not 2013.

So many leaks only start when announcements are just around the corner. Look at this -

I remember when after GTA IV release (2 months maybe) rumours started flying around alongside biggest gaming sites posting information about a PC version of the game. Just like now. So yeah, we will get it soon! It's also a relief because we know - it won't be a port. Edited by ViciousLuke

coolmaster958

So yeah. Even more good news every day. Damn, it's already confirmed, but we need a release date, which we could only get after an official announcement :\

Also this proves that PC version was developed before, I think since 2012. not 2013.

and my worst fear is that R* won't hurry doing the announcement. i just can't believe that we'll hear anything in the coming month or two =(

but maybe that's just me being completely disappointed today.

ViciousLuke

and my worst fear is that R* won't hurry doing the announcement. i just can't believe that we'll hear anything in the coming month or two =(

but maybe that's just me being completely disappointed today.

GTA V should be released in a month or two, so announcement should be in a week or two :) Assuming that GTA V for PC is done or near the end.

Edited by ViciousLuke

napoleonic

Reports are coming out about aliasing and the lack of antialiasing. Nobody believed the PC crowd when we said those screens were done on a PC. I'm kinda stoked now, now that it is all but proven those screens and probably video as well were done on the PC platform, I'm thinking we may get it earlier than planned (next fall). Cheers to keeping those fingers crossed.

I'm rather disappointed that such a comment came from those so called fellow pc gamers... I mean you do know that ALL GAMES are made on PC right? and in this day and age game engines have capability to put out an oversampled screenshots and/or recorded videos of all kind...? that's still besides all that professional editing softwares etc... random guys on internet including you were able to make gta iv graphics better than ps3 gta v graphics, what's stopping these developers from not doing the same for marketing reasons?

in this days we can no longer use such promotional materials as evidence that a game is coming to pc or not.

Lemans

I'm rather disappointed that such a comment came from those so called fellow pc gamers... I mean you do know that ALL GAMES are made on PC right? and in this day and age game engines have capability to put out an oversampled screenshots and/or recorded videos of all kind...? that's still besides all that professional editing softwares etc... random guys on internet including you were able to make gta iv graphics better than ps3 gta v graphics, what's stopping these developers from not doing the same for marketing reasons?

in this days we can no longer use such promotional materials as evidence that a game is coming to pc or not.

The thing is that, apart from what you could guess from the screenshots, there are plenty of other proofs (codes and files from R*'s official sources) pointing to a PC version which might be, if not done, almost done.

Anyway, I think those who think it will be released in 2013 might be being TOO optimistic.

PacketOverload_x64bit

You cited the comment of mine that was directed more towards the nay-sayers that a PC version was not in existence. That is mainly for those console players who, understandably are not understanding the "fine details, " of the impossibility that much of that promotional material was done on a console. No announcement for GTA V for PC, plus material that most likely originated on a PC (we knew / know this anyway) is the main reason for touting the same message now that the title has been released and the masses can see the clear differences.

It's all cool, just thought I'd say it.

napoleonic

The thing is that, apart from what you could guess from the screenshots, there are plenty of other proofs (codes and files from R*'s official sources) pointing to a PC version which might be, if not done, almost done.

Anyway, I think those who think it will be released in 2013 might be being TOO optimistic.

I'm in no way against acknowledging evidences from other leaked sources but any promotional materials like screenshots or even gameplay trailers.

speaking about that, if indeed there is gta v version for new consoles, I think it is a brilliant idea to release gta v for PC and PS4 (+ Xbone) around the time when ubisoft release watch dogs :D we can all be sure it will deal damage to watch dogs sales, such a brilliant tactic to screw the competitors.

Vasilis200

There a website with a countdown, but don't know how official it is: http://www.rockstarannouncement.com/#sthash.Y0BR9W5S.KEUUQ5fx.dpbs

LOL it was counting down to October 1st now there are 16 hours left. Not sure what's the point of this website but all I see is a big load of bullsh*t.

malware found in this website.

JonG

LOL it was counting down to October 1st now there are 16 hours left. Not sure what's the point of this website but all I see is a big load of bullsh*t.

malware found in this website.

My antivirus didn't show anything.

Edited by JonG

geisweiller

This is us today

geek_party.jpg

We today:

tumblr_mpmiccOvN51sq9nm5o1_500.gif

when announced (2 weeks from now):

0bc.gif

and finally, playing(1 month from now. I hope!):

reverse-1250499848_willem_dafoe.gif