2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Elyobo893

PC Version of GTA V Discussion

Vormek

Quite expected confused.gif Luckily I'm not a PC gamer.

XxcamptechxX

delete*

Spider-Vice

This doesn't mean there won't be one. It's GTA, do you know how much money they'd ,lose without PC?

JeteaFive

Lol, PC will have 6 month delay with an optimisation worse than GTAIV

R.F.

pc gamers always get bs.. every f*n time. there are either really bad ports or no ports whatsoever...

Narcis_speed6

And why is that? we all know GTA IV was the first game on PC that used Rage engine, I guess they learned from that one.

Spider-Vice

Don't you think they've learnt their lesson? I don't think they would let Toronto do it again.

Beez

I suppose R* does this on purpose. They know how rabid GTA fans are and they know they can't wait to get their hands on the game. They know PC gamers who also have an Xbox or PS3 will but the console version then the PC version when it comes out. Selling it twice = $$$

gtasadude

pc gamers always get bs.. every f*n time. there are either really bad ports or no ports whatsoever...

The quality of Max Payne 3 on PC was awesome, the best they've ever done. The biggest reason for that is that it wasn't a port, and according to our research regarding the latest social club update, there's evidence to suggest that the PC version is already in development. The likelihood is that is just needs an extra time for optimization, even though it's not a port, since it's such a huge game.

Celestail

Ok someone shed some light for me

Geweelt

Guys, understand...

If they will work on consoles and bothely on PC, it'll be so long how long Mafia II was developed. I'm sure they will get more money with selling it on PC. Let's just wait...

The Scottish Guy

Is it just me or are the majority of pc gamers just angry people in general?

JoeM

I do feel sorry for PC gamers but it never was going to release along side the consoles.

Done my best to find the sales figures for IV

Total sales are around 22 million units for IV on PS3/Xbox/PC.

Consoles made up 18.54 million of those units, so the rest must have been PC, so 3.5 mil vs 18.5 mil - your going to go for the largest audiance straight away, then release the PC version 6 months later when it works propperly.

You will more than likely get console gamers buying it to mod on thier pc's - thats what I will be doing anyway, will need to build a pc first though lol. Thats what I did with SA, never botherd with IV as to run it propperly you were looking at a £800 rig to play 1 game!

james_root

ExitToExisT1 minute ago

I dispute to playing this game at 720p with 25 avg fps , no aa , no af and low res textures. It deserves 1080p , 60 fps , 4xmsaa ,16x af , 4096x4096 high res textures

deli2000

I think people complaining about PC ports are forgetting one thing.

Max Payne 3.

typicalusername
I suppose R* does this on purpose. They know how rabid GTA fans are and they know they can't wait to get their hands on the game. They know PC gamers who also have an Xbox or PS3 will but the console version then the PC version when it comes out. Selling it twice = $$$

no pc gamers will just pirate the game for pc if they need too, theres no point in buying the game again just for prettier graphics

NudasPriest

no pc gamers will just pirate the game for pc if they need too, theres no point in buying the game again just for prettier graphics

The point for me would be multiplayer. If you know people who have a good enough computer.

Nah Tso Gud

Looks like I can wait awhile to build a pc.

MrPaul123

WINTER 2013 is a very realistic possibility imo!

typicalusername

The point for me would be multiplayer. If you know people who have a good enough computer.

you can play multiplayer on consoles though, i mean its not like its not worth it to have for pc but paying another 60$ is too much imo they should offer a discount and make it 20$ for those who already have it on console. They would probably make more money that way too.

caio3771

SA is the best GTA, but it would be even better if the game was released for PC first.

Remember, lots of great features were removed due to that crappy console called PS2 that didn't supported such features

The game was supposed to fantastic, but it's juts great due to ps2 limitations, that forced R* to remove the features.

The same will happen to V and that's why PC versions should be released first. Yes, consoles ruined the GTA's.

Also, the game is better played on PC, which is a fact; and most of the gamers play on PC, which will cause a huge loss of money to R* if they release it only for consoles or delay it's release for months.

truespur

buy a console

ACR

buy a console

Buy a brain. You think people have money to waste on consoles just for one game? I built gaming PC 3 years ago and i still can play everything on max, i spent a lot of money on a long lasting gaming PC and i will play money games for many years on that PC probably, so i consider this great investment. Money don't grow on trees.

Yea GTAV will be great game, but R* and other developers won't fool and force me to buy console just to play one game.

Celestail
Buy a brain. You think people have money to waste on consoles just for one game? I built gaming PC 3 years ago and i still can play everything on max, i spent a lot of money on a long lasting gaming PC and i will play money games for many years on that PC probably, so i consider this great investment. Money don't grow on trees.

Yea GTAV will be great game, but R* and other developers won't fool and force me to buy console just to play one game.

I couldn't of said that better myself icon14.gif

truespur

buy a console

so close ur mouth, be quiet and wait for a console port 6 months after release. icon14.gif

Fireboyd78

This is a joke, right? They seriously haven't been paying attention to the PC audience and haven't been developing it yet? AFTER A WHOLE FRIGGIN YEAR OF NO INFO? GTA V is probably going to be another f*cking useless console port that will have tons of graphical glitches, removed features, bugs, etc. just like GTA IV. Why? BECAUSE OF CONSOLES. I hope consoles burn in hell for ruining gaming.

Celestail
This is a joke, right? They seriously haven't been paying attention to the PC audience and haven't been developing it yet? AFTER A WHOLE FRIGGIN YEAR OF NO INFO? GTA V is probably going to be another f*cking useless console port that will have tons of graphical glitches, removed features, bugs, etc. just like GTA IV. Why? BECAUSE OF CONSOLES. I hope consoles burn in hell for ruining gaming.

So do i icon14.gif

caio3771

GTA V is probably going to be another f*cking useless console port that will have tons of graphical glitches, removed features, bugs, etc. just like GTA IV. Why? BECAUSE OF CONSOLES. I hope consoles burn in hell for ruining gaming.

I'd agree with this until I die, I hate consoles, they ruined and will continue runining gta's if they don't give a specific attention to PC gamers.

Grand_Theft_Coupe

Since Red Dead Redemption didn't have a PC release, majority of PC gamers are afraid that Grand Theft Auto V might not have a PC release either! It's okay because, knowing Grand Theft Auto is a multi-platform game, R* would release a PC version of the game for PC gamers' satisfaction. Rockstar did the same for Grand Theft Auto IV, so why not do the same for Grand Theft Auto V?! Consoles are extended to the maximum, but I expect R* to rank up sales even more with the PC release.

Cheers! smile.gif

Edited by Grand_Theft_Coupe