What Would You Like to See in GTA V Crews?

Ryan

MosquitoSmasher

This is probably not true..but what if...

Those screenshots are from the multiplayer mode? That that is the reason why we keep seeing several different characters, making us think there are multiple protagonists? And the same would go for the trailer......

nah....probably not the case at all.

Those screenshots are from the multiplayer mode? That that is the reason why we keep seeing several different characters, making us think there are multiple protagonists? And the same would go for the trailer......

I've been saying that since the screens came out and everyone thought multiple protags. biggrin.gif

Johnny_Cash1983

Could be. But if it is why are they in a cut scene?

Edited by Johnny_Cash1983

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but Max Payne 3 multiplayer and single player development were being worked on simultaneously. Multiplayer wasn't tacked on. I wonder how it is for GTA V.

EDIT: woops lol now it seems i misinterpreted R* and they aren't looking for certain modes

I sent this to R* anyway with a few other opinions on Crews in the email. Not sure if they will even consider this because

it's just a mode. But here it is:

Team Triathlon: The mode starts off with 2 teams in helicopter's(No player is the pilot, starts off very much like the ballad of gay tony's triathlon) high above either Los Santos or surrounding outside areas. You jump out of the helicopter with parachute. All participants of each team must parachute to vehicles waiting for them and get into one of them (Could be a motorbike, bicycle, car, boat etc. depending on what part of the map you're on). Then everyone races to the first checkpoint. From there you will switch up to whatever the terrain (and devs) call for. So for instance after racing in a car to a checkpoint you may have to get out and run on foot to the next checkpoint or get on a bicycle etc. The mode will not end until all members of a team cross the finish line. First team to get all members across before the other, wins. It can very much come down to 2 people racing to the finish line for their teams desired win.

Notes for mode:

- At least 2-3 different starting locations for variety

- No weapons are allowed. Shoving, punching other players is allowed however.

- Every team member must use their own individual vehicle when the time for that is called for. I'm not sure how it could work to make sure that only 1 person gets in a vehicle so people do not piggy back to try and finish faster.

- Leaderboards for fastest team finish time

Edited by NYC PATROL

MosquitoSmasher

Could be. But if it is why are they in a cut scene?

Wasn't really a cutscene man. Not like the second trailer for GTA IV that featured cutscenes from the game. This was more a trailer simply showing the world and characters in general, no cutscenes.

Couldn't care less about anything multiplayer-related to be honest, i wish they asked us about what we want in the singleplayer, but they probably know by now anyway.

um im really not sure what to ask for I don't have maxpayne never played on a crew so I don't know what it's like blush.gif

Savagemessiah

Or!

Rockstar is nearly complete and just want to troll us? It's not impossible

@NYC PATROL

That's all good, but just as an FYI: They specifically said they are not asking about multiplayer mode ideas. There's a difference between multiplayer modes, and the crew system.

@NYC PATROL

That's all good, but just as an FYI: They specifically said they are not asking about multiplayer mode ideas. There's a difference between multiplayer modes, and the crew system.

Yeah just realized that haha....oh well...maybe for GTA VI tounge.gif

@NYC PATROL

What about multiplayer modes specially for crews? Like where one crew has to kill anothers crew leader and protect their own at the same time?

The only one I'd suspect of being from MP would be the one with the guy shooting an AK at the helicopter.

@sublimelabs: Guaranteed it's the same. Most people think MP is done last in video games, when it's not true. It either starts up mid way through development, or starts up right away with development. I don't know one game where MP was decided as a last minute addition other than maybe Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

Some of you guys should lighten up. Do you not understand what's going on? We've had V related articles on the Newswire two weeks in a row. GTA V is back with a vengeance...

GreatestEver23

Im a little late, does anyone have the link to the official facebook?

Switched over to new account: CallTheCoroner

If you're familiar with the crew system currently in Max Payne 3, here's what I had to say in my email.

CREW EMBLEM

First, I'd love to see giant crew emblems on vehicles in GTAV, something along the lines of vinyls or custom paint jobs perhaps. This should be in Free Roam as well as select modes.

FEUDING

Second, I would ask you to either disable having more than one feud at a time, or give us a better UI where we could track all ongoing feuds.

I would love a timer that starts whenever a feud starts. A timer that measures how long the feud lasted.

I would like to see that time on the crew's Social Club page.

JOINING IN

Another suggestion would be the ability to 'Join' a friend or a fellow crew member without having to wait for them to send an invite. this feature is missing in the PS3 multiplayer.

What I'm asking for is a drop down menu option that says "Join Friend".

SOCIAL CLUB PAGE

It would be cool if there were room on the page were I could post the Crew's twitter account or facebook page.

Another suggestion would be a system on the crew's Social Club page that shows which crew members currently online and/or active.

APP

And last but not least, a Social Club smart phone app that isn't short of any of the page's features.

Thank you.

MosquitoSmasher
@NYC PATROL

Some people seem to be making a big deal out of this, but it doesn't have to be. Just like you are saying, it's not about the modes, just the Crews feature. For all we know everything is finished and they just want to put some cool ideas in it for the Crews. These last few months will definitely give some much needed clarity on that smile.gif

i sent this :

A new Gang War mode.

1 - The crew need "X" nº of players to represent then on the match

2 - *2 - 4* teams allowed

3 - "X" nº of crew guys will take care of the "BASE" (house)

*3.2 - The "BASE" is the place that all team spawn (respawn) , that people leave guns and cars of the crew and other thing

*3.3 - If the Crew is have more XP ( or CA$H ) they can buy better "BASES" , Cars , Business and stuff...

4 - "X" nº of crew guys will go do the mission, take enemies base, buy drugs, explore the map and have fun biggrin.gif

5 - The Crew and Players can won CA$H or XP ( i liked the idea of the "CA$H" is more related to GTA V than XP ) by doing your job (taking care of the house , driving the car, eliminating enemies transporting drugs and stuff...)

NAME : GANG WAR , GANG RPG, GANG RAMPAGE biggrin.gif

Thank's and sorry my bad english biggrin.gif

GreatestEver23
@NYC PATROL

Some people seem to be making a big deal out of this, but it doesn't have to be. Just like you are saying, it's not about the modes, just the Crews feature. For all we know everything is finished and they just want to put some cool ideas in it for the Crews. These last few months will definitely give some much needed clarity on that smile.gif

Wouldn't it have to be finished or near finish if they are giving it a world wide reveal in a magazine?

Switched over to new account: CallTheCoroner

Does anyone here actually give a f*ck about crews? They seemed fairly pointless in MP3, more for tracking arbitrary stats than anything. As long as there is something like RDR's posses in V's multiplayer, I don't really see the point.

I'd place money on the multiplayer mode being 90% completed. All they are adding right now is the little things to make it a better experience. No need for such alarm.

Does anyone here actually give a f*ck about crews?  They seemed fairly pointless in MP3, more for tracking arbitrary stats than anything.  As long as there is something like RDR's posses in V's multiplayer, I don't really see the point.

A crew is essentially a posse that exists outside of when you are playing the game. I got the impression that they implemented them in MP3 so they could be more useful by the time GTA V hit (more members, more crews already in place).

Edited by man dragon

Does anyone here actually give a f*ck about crews?

I don't give a flying f*ck about the whole multiplayer mode altogether, in every game, i f*cking hate it.

@ mandragon

We'll see how useful crews are in V... Right now, I just don't see the point, considering you can make crews ad hoc in RDR (via posses). As long as you can form and join crews spontaneously in V's free roam, I don't see the appeal of permanent crews tracked by the social club (I say that as a member of several crews). But R* are the visionaries, I wouldn't underestimate their ability to make crews relevant in V. I personally just lack the vision to see how crews might enhance my own enjoyment of the game.

@ Gtaghost22

I actually enjoy MP in IV and RDR, but the crews thing goes over my head. What's the point if I can join a "posse" at any time? My own stats are the only ones that matter to me, not my crew's.

Multi-platform multiplayer.

It's totally time for this.

People are not reading the title all the way through. The wishlist is for Crews, not GTA V Multiplayer in general, or GTA V. People's ignorance are honestly just spamming up their email and making it one less chance from R* seeing a good idea.

People are not reading the title all the way through. The wishlist is for Crews, not GTA V Multiplayer in general, or GTA V. People's ignorance are honestly just spamming up their email and making it one less chance from R* seeing a good idea.

Well, like many people have said eloquently above, what kind of sense does it make, to ask us specifically about GTAV Crews (which is exactly what the question was) when by Rockstar's design, we know nothing about GTAV. Kinda weird...

I think the original question was "What Would You Like to See in Crews?" or "What Would You Like to See in Max Payne 3 Crews?" and some marketing guy heard this and realized, hey, if we just add "GTAV" to the question, people will go nuts and 20 million people will come and read the Newswire, rather than just the usual 50 people or so.