1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Release date information.

Rapter

Hi,

Where I work (A games retailer, will not disclose names.) the P.O.S system has updated the release date of GTA:V to 29th March 2013 the same as a U.K retailer overseas (All over google.). Now I'm not saying this is the legitimate release date but this could possibly be an insight into when we may see this game up on the shelves.

icon14.gif

GreatestEver23

Rockstar could be secretly letting retailers know the release date. If more an more retailers update to the same date it could mean something.

Dr. John
Rockstar could be secretly letting retailers know the release date.

**Attention: Rockstar employees do not "leak" game details. It's never happened in the past and it won't happen in the future. Please think before you post, and use common sense.**

You should know that there are some Admins who closely know/work with Rockstar. So, it's impossible to happen that they leak info. Everybody knows a rumor spreads faster than a viral disease. This too, is more or less, not true. They are just speculating. Someone trolled them.

MosquitoSmasher

Isn't this the same as any other retailers who put up a release date? But at the end of the day it's just something they are guessing?

inflamedeyeball
Best bet right now is indeed around march/may 2013.

Affirmative. And this is being optimistic.

I'm just explaining to you all what I know and how its in relation to other retailers. So please don't take this as utter truth!

GreatestEver23

**Attention: Rockstar employees do not "leak" game details. It's never happened in the past and it won't happen in the future. Please think before you post, and use common sense.**

You should know that there are some Admins who closely know/work with Rockstar. So, it's impossible to happen that they leak info. Everybody knows a rumor spreads faster than a viral disease. This too, is more or less, not true. They are just speculating. Someone trolled them.

I doubt that.

I'm just explaining to you all what I know and how its in relation to other retailers. So please don't take this as utter truth!

I believe you're telling the truth. But the kids here will try to make you sound like an troll. As you've said, it's just a piece of information and nothing more.

Frantz Fuchs

Seems very plausible that Rockstar have now started telling retailers about the release date...

See my sig, had it for 2 months tounge.gif

Staten
Hi,

Where I work (A games retailer, will not disclose names.) the P.O.S system has updated the release date of GTA:V to 29th March 2013 the same as a U.K retailer overseas (All over google.). Now I'm not saying this is the legitimate release date but this could possibly be an insight into when we may see this game up on the shelves.

icon14.gif

Unfortunately, it most likely means nothing. Retailers are guessing that the game will come in the first quarter of 2013, and Friday 29th March is the last possible date it could launch in that quarter. It is, as ever, a placeholder.

Frantz Fuchs
Hi,

icon14.gif

Unfortunately, it most likely means nothing. Retailers are guessing that the game will come in the first quarter of 2013, and Friday 29th March is the last possible date it could launch in that quarter. It is, as ever, a placeholder.

I think it does. Not just one, but many retailers changed the release date yesterday... There just be something going on.

AtomicPunk

They're just shooting for the end of R*'s fiscal so they don't seem 'as wrong'. It's just an informed guess, nothing more.

Staten
Hi,

icon14.gif

I think it does. Not just one, but many retailers changed the release date yesterday... There just be something going on.

Yes, they're changing the date because it's all but certain the game isn't coming out this quarter (October-December).

Frantz Fuchs
Hi,

icon14.gif

Yes, they're changing the date because it's all but certain the game isn't coming out this quarter (October-December).

But why would lots of them change it on the same day? dozingoff.gif They must've got some kind of hint from somewhere...

You are trolling, aren't you? Do you know what you wrote? Of course, it is possible that there will be a leak with GTA V info. It just needs one, maybe former, employee who writes down the info he knows so far. It seems R* just have some good data privacy statements, probably with high fine rates, so it would be a little bit risky. That's the only reason, why there are not that many leaks like they are about other games.

Isn't this the same as any other retailers who put up a release date? But at the end of the day it's just something they are guessing?

Yes, yes it is. It means nothing. bored.gif

Dr. John

You are trolling, aren't you? Do you know what you wrote? Of course, it is possible that there will be a leak with GTA V info. It just needs one, maybe former, employee who writes down the info he knows so far. It seems R* just have some good data privacy statements, probably with high fine rates, so it would be a little bit risky. That's the only reason, why there are not that many leaks like they are about other games.

Why would they be specifically leaking information for only GTA V? Why not for previous GTAs? If they even did, they might have done it purposely or it might be it was actually a news. If they believe it will be a hit, then they themselves won't spoil the fun for us. If they do, they will be in lose (Financial stuff, too complicated). If you don't believe on the Game Developers, then don't expect them to listen to you.

Developers do leak info but GTA V is the most anticipated game and they don't want to spoil the fun.

Shreddy Krueger

Thing is, if all (or many) of the retailers are all switching release dates to the same specific date, and it truly was done on R*'s direction (secretly), well that doesn't make sense because the retailers dates are made public, so no doubt the public will see this (hence this thread). I think what's actually going on is a case of "monkey see, monkey do". Since we're heading into the holiday rush without a peep from R*, expectations are switching to a March 2013 release, so retailers are probably just adhering to that. And once one does it, the rest follow, and are just covering their ass and allowing for more time to take unofficial pre-orders.

There's not even an official word of what platforms this bitch is going to be initially released on. So for there to be a legit release date without a supporting platform makes no sense to me. "It's coming out on X, but who the f*ck knows what for!?!" biggrin.gif

GreatestEver23
There's not even an official word of what platforms this bitch is going to be initially released on.

She is indeed a big bitch.

Andreas

A release in late March seems to be very plausible to me but March 29th 2013 is good friday in europe if I'm not mistaken. I doubt that GTA V would be released on this day. March 26th would be a Tuesday and GTA V could be released on this day world-wide. I wouldn't be surprised if Rockstar would tell the release date to some retailers to be honest. Well, we'll see it. xmas.gif

MosquitoSmasher
Thing is, if all (or many) of the retailers are all switching release dates to the same specific date, and it truly was done on R*'s direction (secretly), well that doesn't make sense because the retailers dates are made public, so no doubt the public will see this (hence this thread). I think what's actually going on is a case of "monkey see, monkey do". Since we're heading into the holiday rush without a peep from R*, expectations are switching to a March 2013 release, so retailers are probably just adhering to that. And once one does it, the rest follow, and are just covering their ass and allowing for more time to take unofficial pre-orders.

There's not even an official word of what platforms this bitch is going to be initially released on. So for there to be a legit release date without a supporting platform makes no sense to me. "It's coming out on X, but who the f*ck knows what for!?!" biggrin.gif

Yeah exactly, no platforms. And nobody really seems to be making much of deal of it, but it IS the very first time that this happens with a game. A game gets announced, but no platforms, wtf? This always happens, yet it didn't for GTA V. The difference with all other games is though, those games got a release date right away, GTA V doesn't...maybe that's why.

BullworthAcademy
A release in late March seems to be very plausible to me but March 29th 2013 is good friday in europe if I'm not mistaken. I doubt that GTA V would be released on this day. March 26th would be a Tuesday and GTA V could be released on this day world-wide. I wouldn't be surprised if Rockstar would tell the release date to some retailers to be honest.

Every game in the UK releases on Friday.Every game in the US releases on the Tuesday before.