Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,526 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Zee

Anyone else hate RamJamFM

Zee

I mean, don't get me wrong. The music is good, but what's up with that DJ? David Roddigan? He literally talks over every song and sings along to them. There's just this white guy singing over the song completely ruining it. Hate that. I miss Tuff Gong.

Hmmm nice bike

They did the same for "Love Lockdown" by Kanye West on the updated version of The Beat. Probably the only song I like on that station, and the DJ talks over it about some child molester baseball player suicidal.gif

gta_rulez

Don't forget "Arab Money" on The Vibe. You could barely hear the song. (TBOGT exclusive)

Prometheus
Don't forget "Arab Money" on The Vibe. You could barely hear the song. (TBOGT exclusive)

It's supposed to be some kind of a parody I reckon.

derek3056

That's what a lot of DJs do out there in NYC.

SmC12

They did the same for "Love Lockdown" by Kanye West on the updated version of The Beat. Probably the only song I like on that station, and the DJ talks over it about some child molester baseball player suicidal.gif

The Beat 102.7 is a paradoy of New York's Hot 97 station, and Funkmaster Flex does the exact same thing in real life lol. I agree it's very, very annoying.

You find it with alot of Reggae and Hip Hop. DJ's were a central part of the music and MC's were responsible for hyping the crowd and drawing attention.

Edited by SmC12

aj10101

it would have been nice if they had two versions of those songs though, one untouched and one with the DJ

Delanto
That's what a lot of DJs do out there in NYC.

Exactly, I thought it was obvious they were trying to parody that

MRPG500
it would have been nice if they had two versions of those songs though, one untouched and one with the DJ

Yeah, it goes with Arab money.

albanyave

I don't like how the DJs talk over the songs either. The music is great so I continue to listen.

Ash_735

As already mentioned, that's how it is for a lot of these in real life, David Rodigan did a real life Radio Show and it was exactly the same, just him and a 60 minute block of him playing music and doing exactly what he does in the game, talking over it, restarting tracks, etc, taking messages and all that, when these people are brought it, they're pretty much told to do a show as they normally would but with a playlist and radio idents of the ones Rockstar give them.

Nem_Wan

Obviously talking or singing over the entire song is a creative decision but I think every song gets talked over at least a little bit to conform to music licensing terms. You can't get a full "non-GTA" copy of a song out of the game that way.

Vega LVI

Ram-Jam isn't my go-to station as reggae isn't exactly my thing.

However, I do play a lot of pool at the Homebrew with friends and, as you all know, this is playing non-stop. It may not be my favorite when compared to LRR and Radio Broker, but it's pure gold when opposed to rap and all of that bullsh*t. It's good for a change and I do agree with all who've said that the DJ talks over the songs. It can get irritating when you're trying to relax, play some pool and learn some lyrics.

The Gardener

That song is on The Beat not Vibe.

But I like the DJs talking over certain songs. They aren't there for you to listen to a legit studio version of a song you like. It adds to the atmosphere and realism.

Alderney_Broker

That song is on The Beat not Vibe.

But I like the DJs talking over certain songs. They aren't there for you to listen to a legit studio version of a song you like. It adds to the atmosphere and realism.

I quiet agree...It is what defines the game's world form the real world. Otherwise you may as well start up your radio and just sit there pretending to steal cars :-P

A Nusscream

It's David Rodigan MBE and he's one of the most influential and well respected DJ's in the world, he does what he wants.

roman bellics brain

The best Dj's in the world make the artist and the song seem like a million dollars (even if their not). They dont talk over the song anybody can do that. It takes someone with real skill to make me a fan of a song i havent heard before.

Thats why i love K dust in san andreas. The dj makes the songs the focus and lets you know their classics and to show respect.

Could you imagine if they talked over ''free bird'' That would be a crime against good music. I know ''love-lock down'' is no free bird but it still deserves respect.

A moron dj talking over it is direspectful IMO and makes the song seem unimportant and an afterthought

Edited by roman bellics brain

A Nusscream

The best Dj's in the world make the artist and the song seem like a million dollars (even if their not). They dont talk over the song anybody can do that. It takes someone with real skill to make me a fan of a song i havent heard before.

Thats why i love K dust in san andreas. The dj makes the songs the focus and lets you know their classics and to show respect.

Could you imagine if they talked over ''free bird'' That would be a crime against good music. I know ''love-lock down'' is no free bird but it still deserves respect.

A moron dj talking over it is direspectful IMO and makes the song seem unimportant and an afterthought

Rodigan is a a dub/reggae DJ tho, having the DJ MC/host his set is just part of the culture and the live performance.

You Puddle of Mud fans just wont understand.

B Dawg
Posted (edited)

Don't forget "Arab Money" on The Beat*. You could barely hear the song. (TBOGT exclusive)

Arab money is a sh*t song anyway. It's as cancerous as TBOGT's Electro Choc.

I never really cared about Reggae to listen to the station much, and it doesn't seem bad (unlike some other stations).

Edited by B Dawg

CavalcadeFan

I like the songs on Ram Jam but since the DJ won't stop talking, it made the station suck donkey balls.

One of the reasons why I prefer the Download versions of TLAD and TBOGT instead of the Disc (EFLC) version.