3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

The Liberty City Appreciation Thread

Algonquin Assassin

Yes. After nearly 2 months of grinding I finally got all the flying rats. Just have the stunt jumps and assassinations for 100% now.

• Like 3

It's one of the first GTA games that really felt "alive" to me if you know what I mean. Walking through the streets of LC and watching pedestrian traffic slow down and speed up. People talking and holding hands and just generally living. It always felt like they had a destination. In other games it just felt like a city of robots, mindlessly walking in circles. This was the first game where it felt real.

iheartlc.jpg

• Like 6

Gentlemen, here some a few fine pics taken from the mod-free PC version of the game on maximum settings (the program I use takes pretty crappy screenshots, oh well):

czPaIhk.jpg

w42dtOu.jpg

Note the "GetaLife".

TmRF0XS.jpg

4yb8KXK.jpg

^Now THIS is how you complete "Hostile Negotiation". :p

Cp8Rtss.jpg

km7DxtR.jpg

2jqhWc5.jpg

o5nogBE.jpg

^Yes, the carcass of a police cruiser that fell on the other police cruiser, caused the one that took the impact to explode.

Any comments would be appreciated. :^:

Edited by lol232

If only the night shadows setting on PC doesn't kill performance, that'd be great. It looks so damn beautiful with NS set to on.

Well, my PC can't maintain a stable 30 with NS on, drops all the way down to 22 FPS. Feels like playing the PS3 version with that FPS.

He's spending too much time in the LS sunshine. Please come back to the cold, dark streets of LC Sting where you can enjoy some fine American titties, bowling with your favourite virtual cousin and cars that don't drive like toys.

• Like 4

If only the night shadows setting on PC doesn't kill performance, that'd be great. It looks so damn beautiful with NS set to on.

Well, my PC can't maintain a stable 30 with NS on, drops all the way down to 22 FPS. Feels like playing the PS3 version with that FPS.

This is sort of off topic but did you ever post pictures of your LC with the snow mod?

He's spending too much time in the LS sunshine. Please come back to the cold, dark streets of LC Sting where you can enjoy some fine American titties, bowling with your favourite virtual cousin and cars that don't drive like toys.

Ripe round American teetees!

1713524_orig.jpeg

• Like 7

This is sort of off topic but did you ever post pictures of your LC with the snow mod?

Woops, totally forgot about that. Sorry mate, had it uninstalled after reinstalling IV due to crashes. Will reinstall it later on (probably end of the year).

Stay tuned ;)

• Like 1

I'll join the party, PC again of course:

Fast and furious:

izBzTM4.jpg

Another view of the Algonquin skyline from Broker:

kGUP2YA.jpg

View of the Broker Bridge from Algonquin:

k2CzQ2x.jpg

View of Alderney from Algonquin:

x5hPtnI.png

A long way to fall:

8WEadOt.jpg

I returned to IV after playing SA for a while and it really shows how the 3D Era games have aged, they have not aged well. SA just feels empty and soul less while IV just feels like a bustling city. Call me a graphics whore, but things like improved draw distance, shadows and details in the environment are also important IMO.

• Like 3

I think I've been duped. I decided to check the MeTV building to get my Annihilator after getting all the flying rats and to my surprise it's not there what the f*ck??? I knew it wasn't a great reward, but meh. Maybe Roman's spirit is messing with my game for choosing "Deal". :ph34r:

try to reopen the game, maybe it'll work with you. Bugs like this can be solved when reentering to the game.

Maybe you killed the last pidgeon "near" the skycrapper that the chopper were meant to spawn.

Edited by fefenc
  • Like 1

try to reopen the game, maybe it'll work with you. Bugs like this can be solved when reentering to the game.

Maybe you killed the last pidgeon "near" the skycrapper.

Probably just a minor glitch. The last one I killed was in the Acter Industrial Park. I'll check again when I play.:)

...or the game has found some kind of difficulty to spawn the chopper at the top of the skycrapper.

BTW, what version of the game you got? When you enter the game, make sure you ain't using any mod that can mess up with the game spawner and tell us if you got your choppah because I've started my chase for "flying rats" on IV too :)

I've almost 80 hours on my 2º playthrough on the steam version of the game and I haven't beaten the story on steam version yet. lol. I can't understand how can someone rush the game instead of enjoying each moment of it.

Edited by fefenc
  • Like 1

...or the game has found some kind of difficulty to spawn the chopper at the top of the skycrapper.

BTW, what version of the game you got? When you enter the game, make sure you ain't using any mod that can mess up with the game spawner and tell us if you got your choppah because I've started my chase for "flying rats" on IV too :)

I've almost 80 hours on my 2º playthrough on the steam version of the game and I haven't beaten the story on steam version yet. lol. I can't understand how can someone rush the game instead of enjoying each moment of it.

PS3 is the one I'm playing atm.

:0

Then I don't know what can be happening with your game/save, maybe they've left it to you at the """""""""nearest"""""""" tower '='

Damn, flying rats!1!

Edited by fefenc
  • Like 1

It doesnt really matter anyway. As I said it was never a great reward and there are other places it spawns.

If you go to the MeTV building by using the lift then it wont spawn, you need to get there by using a Maverick (theres another Annihilator in the LCPD in Fishmarket south, on the helipad of course).

Some pics (brace yourselves, there a sh*tton of pics a head):

Luis cruising around Star Junction:

20rqn0k.jpg

21l1mky.jpg

And then sitting around to look at the Statue:

2n0j7o3.jpg

Johnny actually went to the Happiness Island and he couldnt resist to stare at the beautiful Algoquin:

wlxfyb.jpg

So he stayed there to appreciate the view until it was fully dark:

6pqf7o.jpg

More of Luis cruising around:

k0243q.jpg

2iuz3tg.jpg

16gg1p0.jpg

2wn8ric.jpg

And doing a Drug war:

izyctd.jpg

Johnny f*cking sh*t up:

2m80e8h.jpg

Now we can see Niko stealing a car for Stevie:

97i255.jpg

Niko enjoying the view from the Rotterdam Tower:

1zisn8.jpg

Doing some Vigilante missions:

2dv4hhx.jpg

Starving on the way home from the cab depot of Roman:

2jbtf5s.jpg

Doing some work for the Fixer:

9zodvl.jpg

Doing another work for the Fixer, following and studying a victim before doing the work:

znpz5g.jpg

Waiting to sober up after a great night at the bar with Roman:

sex1dl.jpg

dr3vyb.jpg

I so love this game.

Ah that's explains it then. I used the lift to get to the rooftop.

• Like 2

If you go to the MeTV building by using the lift then it wont spawn, you need to get there by using a Maverick (theres another Annihilator in the LCPD in Fishmarket south, on the helipad of course).

It will spawn there by using the lift, just not always. There's a lot higher chance to get it if you get there using a Maverick, though.

Now, SOL, I order you to complete the game without cheating, getting busted, or wasted. :sly:

And on top of that, try to achieve this:

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=25935

One interesting thing, is that the Russian clothes shop gets unlocked after a few in-game days (or a week) even if you don't complete "Three's a Crowd".

Edited by lol232
  • Like 2

Now, SOL, I order you to complete the game without cheating, getting busted, or wasted. :sly:

That's what I told him, too! :p

It's the only way to do it, also as little mission failures as possible. If not collecting any vehicles, no need to even fail one single mission, though! :)

• Like 1

That's what I told him, too! :p

It's the only way to do it, also as little mission failures as possible. If not collecting any vehicles, no need to even fail one single mission, though! :)

Come on, what's the point of failing a mission in to get a unique vehicle in IV, when you only have 10 spots and IV is littered with them :pp? It's easy to get 10 of them without a failure.

But sure, you can do whatever you want, though. :D

Also, you may have told him, but I ORDERED him.

Edited by lol232

You know that awkward feeling you get when you walk into a room and people are talking about you? That's what I'm getting atm.:p

• Like 3

You know that awkward feeling you get when you walk into a room and people are talking about you? That's what I'm getting atm. :p

Gee, I wonder what does SoL think when we're randomly talking about him... :ph34r:

In my previous post I was talking to Militia, and I only mentioned you in the last sentence. Because there's a difference between telling and ordering. Now, order is an order, and you better start completing IV without getting wasted or busted.

It's easy to get 10 of them without a failure.

That is true. I could of got the Unique Laundromat in "Meltdown" without failing the mission, but got it in "Hung out to Dry" instead via failing the mission to get it. I also got the Unique Police Stockade in "Tunnel of Death" by failing it, too. It's the only 2 mission failures I have in GTA IV. I got 2 mission failures in TLaD, too, for the Unique Prison Bus and Unique Roman's Taxi. As for TBoGT, I have no missions failed since you can use the replay option in the phone and when you fail a mission it doesn't count in the stats as a mission failure, so I can get the Caged Caddy and Johnny's Hexer this way. I got the Unique Bati Custom and Unique Slamvan with red trim and rims/wheels with the replay, too...

Gentlemen, here some a few fine pics taken from the mod-free PC version of the game on maximum settings (the program I use takes pretty crappy screenshots, oh well):

--snip--

^Yes, the carcass of a police cruiser that fell on the other police cruiser, caused the one that took the impact to explode.

Any comments would be appreciated. :^:

Those pics.... WOW! :inlove: I like how you capture LC's real look and feel of actually being there. Each pic that you took makes me want to go to LC and possibly do those things as Niko or Johnny K or Luis. The amount of uncertainty as you play the game, especially when two or more cars/vehicles have a chain reaction affect when on fire.

Epic, outstanding, and yet again epic. Better than LS sun and atmosphere any day of the week. It has this sense of 'on the edge of your seat', especially flying a helicopter through a public area.

Well I'm biting the bullet and going for 100% myself. I started a new save a few weeks back so I'll just continue from that. I'll keep posting regular updates. :)

• Like 1

f*ckin' finally!!!! Just obtained the Unique Caged Caddy from Rocco in the mission Practice Swing in TBoGT. Used a Mission Replay via the Cell Phone of course to keep my mission failed stats as 0. All I need now is the Unique Johnny's Hexer in TBoGT and my 16 vehicles I wanted to obtain are all obtained. Lastly, I need the Unique/EC Gang Burrito in TLaD and then that game with all 16 vehicles is complete, too.

Very happy I got that Caged Caddy to replace my regular Caddy.

Edited by Militia