3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

The Liberty City Appreciation Thread

MiamiViceCity1986

^Awesome shots! I really like that location. Here's another one from that area.

picture_zpsb8a0ce10.png

Edited by GtaV Is Coming To Pc

Playing TLaD currently....f*cking love being back in Liberty City. It NEVER gets old...

Actually slightly looking forward to doing the 50 Pigeons in this game and also those Gang Wars again...

^Awesome shots! I really like that location. Here's another one from that area.

picture_zpsb8a0ce10.png

Outstanding view of Broker. Superb capture of a bland and grey, yet interesting and immersive city.

Is it me, or does the sunrise reflection of sun in that picture looks like the outline of the sun itself, like a planet or something.

Edited by SentinelXSVCS22

I believe TBOGT is the best addon overall. I agree with Daliakiller. Liberty City is portrayed in all its glory. I have not seen it as vibrant or colorful in IV or TLAD. The humongous tower, Masionette 9, the more active participation of the secondary characters, the diversity of missions, the parachute, the Fight Club, the explosive shotgun and the sticky bombs, all offer a wonderful degree of freedom that IV began to with the helicopter, the darts and the pool table.

I only wish IV had graphics as good as TBOGT. Its were okay, but not really that impressive. I hope that modern day ports from the PS3 or PS4 will be a little more better adapted to the complex graphics engine of the PC. I was a little disappointed with GTA IV in that respect.

Edited by Pau Diaz

I believe TBOGT is the best addon overall. I agree with Daliakiller. Liberty City is portrayed in all its glory. I have not seen it as vibrant or colorful in IV or TLAD. The humongous tower, Masionette 9, the more active participation of the secondary characters, the diversity of missions, the parachute, the Fight Club, the explosive shotgun and the sticky bombs, all offer a wonderful degree of freedom that IV began to with the helicopter, the darts and the pool table.

I only wish IV had graphics as good as TBOGT. Its were okay, but not really that impressive. I hope that modern day ports from the PS3 or PS4 will be a little more better adapted to the complex graphics engine of the PC. I was a little disappointed with GTA IV in that respect.

I was talking about this quite a while ago. IV and TBoGT basically share the same graphics, but different timecyc. In console versions of IV, definition is disabled, thus creating the excessive blur (that makes me a little queasy). Also, in all version of IV, a greenish filter was added, to give the game some depressing atmosphere. In TLAD, the filter is yellowish, thus the name urine/piss filter. TBoGT removed the color filter, and on consoles, definition was enabled, removing most blur.

That's why TBoGT's graphics was quite similar to V is.

• Like 2

76561198117212477.png

X4 760K 4 GHZ // 8GB DDR3-1600 // RX 460

Lenovo Y520 - i5 7300HQ // 8GB DDR4-2400 // GTX 1050

I was talking about this quite a while ago. IV and TBoGT basically share the same graphics, but different timecyc. In console versions of IV, definition is disabled, thus creating the excessive blur (that makes me a little queasy). Also, in all version of IV, a greenish filter was added, to give the game some depressing atmosphere. In TLAD, the filter is yellowish, thus the name urine/piss filter. TBoGT removed the color filter, and on consoles, definition was enabled, removing most blur.

That's why TBoGT's graphics was quite similar to V is.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll certainly keep it in mind. Pity the console versions of IV had to produce the effects you mention. I don't much like graphical distortions. In today's age, they are so untidy.

I appreciate the fact that no matter how involved the law gets, Niko and his fellow protagonists don't get busted in the story-line. That is such a relief, as if real life, they'd have been arrested and incarcerated after the events of the narrative had unfolded, months, or years down the line.

Edited by Pau Diaz

Just a little update. I finally finished the story in my 100% save. Done it just over 50 hours. All I have to do now is finish the rest of the side missions, stunt jumps and flying rats for 100%. I've been grinding away without Youtube and have killed 123 so far.

That's twice I've finished the story this year. This was on PS3 and the other was 360.

• Like 2

GTA Vice City Signature+Avatar Combo Request | PlayStation Universe

That's twice I've finished the story this year. This was on PS3 and the other was 360.

Try again on the PC version if you want. That would be the trifecta. :)

Cheers.

• Like 1

Just a little update. I finally finished the story in my 100% save. Done it just over 50 hours. All I have to do now is finish the rest of the side missions, stunt jumps and flying rats for 100%. I've been grinding away without Youtube and have killed 123 so far.

Good to hear, man! However, in that other topic Vercetti made, you said you always loved the side activities in IV. So I am unsure why it took you 6 years to actually do them if you like them so much! :p

Do you watch cutscenes? I think it's possible to finish the 94 missions in less than 20 hours :p I didn't do the story in this time, because I did all character activities, Brucie's Exotic Exports, Cubed, and Drug Deliveries for Little Jacob while I was doing the story. I was 86.00% Completion after I finished the story, not just the bare minimum of 60.00%.

Keep going, though, of course! :)

Edited by Militia

I have completed them in other saves, though the only two I've never fully done are the assassinations and Stevie's vehicles. It's kind of funny looking through my trophy list on my PS3 as I have trophies dating back to 2009/10 when I originally owned it on PS3.

As for the cutscenes since the cutscenes in GTA IV are so good absolutely I watch them unless I've failed a mission a few times and come back later on.

I'm now at 87%. I think the best I've ever done is like 90% so when I finally do it it'll be quite an achievement as the only game I've completed to 100% is LA Noire and getting 100% in GTA IV as my first 100% completion in the GTA series would be neat.:)

• Like 1

You should try for 0 deaths, 0 busted, 0 cheats, and 0 missions failed. It gets annoying having to reload the game if you die or fail, though. I am glad I finished all my games like this, though. Just got 50 Pigeons in TLaD to do today, and will be 100% there with far better stats, and vehicle collection than when I did this game this past March.

Next comes TBoGT. I never bothered for vehicles in this game, so I am gonna re-do it in the coming days. After TBoGT, I literally have the ultimate saves for every game (III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, TBoGT), except V, which I plan on doing in the coming months.

Edited by Militia
  • Like 1

You should try for 0 deaths, 0 busted, 0 cheats, and 0 missions failed. It gets annoying having to reload the game if you die or fail, though. I am glad I finished all my games like this, though. Just got 50 Pigeons in TLaD to do today, and will be 100% there with far better stats, and vehicle collection than when I did this game this past March.

Next comes TBoGT. I never bothered for vehicles in this game, so I am gonna re-do it in the coming days. After TBoGT, I literally have the ultimate saves for every game (III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, TBoGT), except V, which I plan on doing in the coming months.

I admire your patience and diligence to these perfect saves. :)

(Bolded part) unless Rockstar make more car packs in the years to come. :devil:

Cheers.

• Like 1

I admire your patience and diligence to these perfect saves. :)

(Bolded part) unless Rockstar make more car packs in the years to come. :devil:

Cheers.

I admire it to, because I actually have an anxiety problem. I have no idea how I made it through all of this. I think it's just the special vehicles that fuel me to do it. Once I reach 100%, Perfect Stats, and a Special Vehicle collection, it's like I just won the lottery. Literally...I think it's the only thing keeping me going. Thing is, V is the worst one to date (as a game) and also for special vehicles. There is literally NOTHING. There is no proof vehicles in TLaD or TBoGT, either, however, there is a lot of Unique vehicles and also EC (Exclusive Color) vehicles, so this is what I do in these games unlike 3D Era where I was mostly interested in just Proof vehicles.

Yeah, that is why I hold off with V as long as possible. I hate all the endless DLC's and Patches that f*ck something else up in the game. I also hate getting my vehicles I want, then they release a DLC vehicle that interests me, and then I gotta drive a fully modded vehicle into the ocean and let it stay there forever to store the new one. It's really annoying, thus I am holding off with V as long as I can and just messing around with my modded save with the save editor and making cars proofed...

If you want to see my vehicle collections, just check my profile. I made an "About Me" section with every vehicle I have in all games I own. I just gotta get them in TBoGT and V. TBoGT will be started in the coming days. V, in the coming months or maybe even a year, lol...

• Like 1

Did 25 Seagulls/Pigeons in TLaD today (without saving) and my game froze..... :sui:

But nevertheless, I finished all 50 (+ 25 due to having to re-do them) today and got to 100% Completion, Perfect Stats (Minus 2 Missions Failed to obtain the Unique Prison Bus from "Off Route" and the Unique Roman's Taxi from "Roman's Holiday"), and a total of 14 Unique and EC vehicles in my collection. Total playing time stat is at 17 hours and 56 minutes. That went quick, lol...

Back in March, I got to 100%, but had 1 Death (For the Prison Bus in Off Route...Little did I know, you can obtain it without killing yourself for it, which I did in my current playthrough) and only 7 Unique and EC vehicles. It also took 21 hours and 53 minutes last March, so I beat the time by 4 hours this time, somehow...

Nevertheless, happy with the results. I wish I was able to obtain the Unique/EC Black Comet and Unique/EC White/Blue or Orange/Black Gang Burrito from Gang Wars, but I have 0 control over who I am in a war with and what vehicles will spawn during the war, therefore I can't get them, at least not right now. I had that Unique/EC Black Comet in my save in March, though...Oh well. Gang Wars are infinite and never stop, so I can get them in the future.

For now, it's time to make my vehicle list of which ones I want to obtain in TBoGT and start this game in the coming days.

Literally, I am a LC Junky. I can't get enough of these games... :)

Edited by Militia
  • Like 2

I tell you what I was never a huge fan of killing the flying rats before and yes while they can be a monotonous grind they've taken me to places I never would of thought of going to. Broker/Dukes, Bohan and Algonquin now done. Just have Alderney left.

I just checked my stats and well they're fair from being perfect. I have 2 arrests, 50 deaths, 6 mission failures and have cheated 10 times. I feel dirty. :ph34r:

GTA IV is like this. But not TLaD (And yet to experience them in TBoGT). The Pigeons in TLaD aren't exactly "hidden" as well like they were in IV. A good handful of Pigeons in TLaD are just on the ground out in the open in a way...A lot of IV's for instance, needed a Sniper Rifle or a Helicopter to fly up to the place where it was. In TLaD, you don't need a Helicopter for ANY of them, and maybe a Sniper for only 2-3 of them out of 50. I did all 50 in just under 2 hours as well. They went so quick...

:nervous::nervous::nervous: Yikes! Not my style at all! :p I know money is basically useless for you, but how much money for 50 deaths? 50,000 dollars? More? Less? I'd never do that. Busted? Reload and try again. Died? Reload and try again. Missions Failed other than obtaining a vehicle that a failure requires? Reload and try again. Cheats? What are cheats? I've not used a single cheat since GTA III on a Gameshark before I wised up and decided to play these GTA games legit. The only game I consider myself "cheating" on is V and it's not cheat codes, but the Save Editor. Maybe not "cheating" but modding the game. However, this is why I am gonna re-do in the future again and hope more vehicles will be discovered by then.

EDIT: By the way, if you didn't go to the Statue of Liberty yet in IV to do the Pigeons, there is 7 of them on the Statue of Liberty. Luckily, you won't even have to fly around or drive around, as you can take them all out with either RPG or Sniper. Some use an RPG and hit it perfectly to kill all 7 in one go. I just sniped all 7. They are very tricky to spot, too. Hence why IV obliterates TLaD in Pigeons and their locations.

EDIT 2: YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the Unique/EC Black Comet from the Jamaicans during Gang Wars. Finally! 15 total Unique and EC vehicles stored in TLaD. The only one I want now that I didn't get yet is the Unique/EC Black, Orange/Black, White/Blue Gang Burrito.

Edited by Militia

Dang! Uninstalling then reinstalling the update for IV on PS3 was a *very* bad idea. Save game went all glitchy. Trophies no longer work, and random characters aren't spawning anymore. Oh well, I guess I'll need to do another playthrough.

P.S: I'm gonna do some assisted aiming playthrough with V on PS3, too bad I forgot to uninstall the updates.

76561198117212477.png

I didn't update IV. That new update(s) that came out in the past weeks/month or so. No need to. Game is as complete as it'd get.

Same for goes V. All the updates are useless and just break the game. I reckon Rockstar lost their touch and just f*ck the games up now a days with added bugs :p

So, I haven't played any GTA for for a long time. I'm thinking of booting up IV tomorrow. I can't wait to explore LC again and kill some pigs.

• Like 1

I didn't update IV. That new update(s) that came out in the past weeks/month or so. No need to. Game is as complete as it'd get.

Same for goes V. All the updates are useless and just break the game. I reckon Rockstar lost their touch and just f*ck the games up now a days with added bugs :p

Most updates for IV are for bug fixes in MP (console versions) and also performance fixes (PC). While V updates are Online bug fixes and DLCs, albeit with assorted of bugs.

76561198117212477.png

Never played Multiplayer, never will. Even though I hear it's better than sh*tty V Online, I still don't do GTA with Online. Doesn't feel right, and never will. Don't have PC Version, so that's out. So basically the Update is once again useless (at least for me) - So I was right, no need to update! :p

Anyways, I am now 95.00% Completion, Perfect Stats, and 3 total vehicles so far obtained in TBoGT. Tomorrow I am gonna do those horrendous Seagulls and get to 97.50%. Then all I got left is 25 Drug Wars. However, I might do 50 Drug Wars depending on how quick I find the 10 EC vehicles I want from Drug Wars. The last few vehicles on my list will be obtained via the REPLAY option in the phone. When you replay and FAIL a mission in TBoGT, it doesn't count as a mission failure in your stats, so therefore, I can maintain perfect stats, even though I gotta fail 4 missions to obtain the Unique Caged Caddy, Unique Johnny's Hexer, Unique/EC Slamvan, and Unique Bati Custom.

Once this is done, I officially have a vehicle collection in every GTA game I own (III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, TBoGT, and V). Proof/Unique/EC Vehicles in 6 out of those 9 games, Unique/EC vehicles in 2 out of those 9 games, and just gotta then do GTA V and hopefully get a vehicle collection. However, seems there is dick in GTA V...

Edited by Militia
  • Like 2

I also am not really a Multiplayer type of person, but I really enjoy IV's Multiplayer over V's. The money system really kills the fun in V, so most of the people playing GTA Online just try to do money glitches and hacks to buy the fanciest cars. Plus you can buy tanks too, so you get your ass blown up constantly when playing. In Gta IV's Multiplayer system, nobody needs money or tanks to have fun. Instead, most of the people I have personally met do things like pretending to be a cop, having fun in Burger Shot, or just driving because it's fun to drive in IV.

No matter what I do, I always end up having a better experience in IV than I do with V.

Edited by GtaV Is Coming To Pc
  • Like 5

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Thursday, Sep 27 2012, 06:53) Like OMG I could bust a nut thinking about it. ph34r.gif

happy.gif

I know exactly what you're on about when you say how Liberty feels like some "evil queen" and we're all her slaves trying to get by. It has an almost supernatural trait, made evident by the beating heart in the Statue of Happiness. I guess it's just a play on the capitalist world of America and it's ladder of success.

gta-4-g.jpg

The first week in Hove Beach, Broker, is always a treat. Had a real exciting feel it. I also love immersing myself in the big public areas like Star Junction and Columbus Avenue, with all the traffic and people rushing by, then looking up at the gigantic skyscrapers - total New York.

That photo stands for everything I believe in when I start a new playthrough.

I agree my man. I think the start is epic too. Getting off the boat in this strange new place. Even after 4 1/2 years it feels as epic as the first time.

It makes me feel how Niko would. Also if I recall this only the only game in recent times to actually portray NYC's boroughs rather than just Manhattan.

Personally I play with all the colours drawn out to capture the dullness of the city streets. Most people don't like the depressing nature of it, but I love it. cool.gif

What's your display settings? I wanna try playing it next time like you do, y'know with the colours.

Some of screenshots from yesterday's cruising :)

RbVmv8m.jpg

Tw1LOch.jpg

yKhLL8U.jpg

qnYC7Ik.jpg

izsL0dd.jpg

yPCdvpz.jpg

aChcP0C.jpg

HxPaHI0.jpg

g0trGSE.jpg

bMYowFk.jpg

Sorry for big images - these are taken directly from console.

Ahh, that atmosphere.. :)

Wow, I've never noticed that old sign in that last photo, it reminds me of L.A. Noire.

What display settings are these? The photos look altered.

Edited by ocd

200 Pigeons killed in GTA IV : Check!

50 Seagulls killed in TLaD: Check!

50 Seagulls killed in TBoGT: Check!!!!

Finally done with these horrendous Pigeons/Seagulls in all 3 games.

After doing all 300 of them, I can assure you the best ones are found in IV as they are so obscure and in odd places you'd never think of looking. TLaD is a close second, though as you need to get one in the airport, in the prison, etc, etc, which gives you wanted levels. In TBoGT, you can see where Rockstar started to have trouble thinking of where to put them as most of them are out in the open, on the ground, and easy to find. Still, though, glad that nonsense is finally over and I never have to shoot a damn bird ever again, lol...

• Like 4

I also am not really a Multiplayer type of person, but I really enjoy IV's Multiplayer over V's. The money system really kills the fun in V, so most of the people playing GTA Online just try to do money glitches and hacks to buy the fanciest cars. Plus you can buy tanks too, so you get your ass blown up constantly when playing. In Gta IV's Multiplayer system, nobody needs money or tanks to have fun. Instead, most of the people I have personally met do things like pretending to be a cop, having fun in Burger Shot, or just driving because it's fun to drive in IV.

No matter what I do, I always end up having a better experience in IV than I do with V.

It's been years since I've played GTA IV multiplayer, but I remember playing it for hours and hours when the game was new. Everyone mostly stuck to the airport, but it was never boring. Just plain old fashioned fun.

Before GTA V's release I was really looking forward to GTAO, but the failed launch and the fact it feels like it raped single player really turned me off it. GTA IV's multiplayer always felt like a nice bonus to compliment the amazing single player. GTAO simply tries too hard by adding sh*t like showering (wtf?) that makes it feel more like The Sims than GTA.

Some of screenshots from yesterday's cruising :)

Sorry for big images - these are taken directly from console.

Ahh, that atmosphere.. :)

Wow, I've never noticed that old sign in that last photo, it reminds me of L.A. Noire.

What display settings are these? The photos look altered.

These are captured on default settings - each bar in half. No modded game or whatever, just natural beauty of GTA IV (X360 version).

Many people don't calibrate their TV's and that's why the game could look better but your bad calibrated TV could make it look worse ;)

It's been years since I've played GTA IV multiplayer, but I remember playing it for hours and hours when the game was new. Everyone mostly stuck to the airport, but it was never boring. Just plain old fashioned fun.

Before GTA V's release I was really looking forward to GTAO, but the failed launch and the fact it feels like it raped single player really turned me off it. GTA IV's multiplayer always felt like a nice bonus to compliment the amazing single player. GTAO simply tries too hard by adding sh*t like showering (wtf?) that makes it feel more like The Sims than GTA.

That is too a thing I find whats wrong with V: Online. More The Sims and Saints Row, less GTA.

And another thing with IV, is the great inclusion of Bob Marley and The Wailers on Tuff Gong Radio. Great relaxing music whether on Single Player or Multiplayer.

Also why would you want to shower in a GTA game or have yoga on a GTA multiplayer based game. Thank goodness that IV doesn't have such things existing in either mode, and same goes for the 2D and 3D eras of GTA.

Edited by SonOfLiberty
  • Like 2

TBoGT: Complete! :) Finished the Drug Wars today and got to 100%. Listed the vehicle collection in my profile now for that game. I got 12 so far, still missing 4, 1 from replaying a mission and 3 from Drug Wars. In TLaD I am also missing just one vehicle, too, from Gang Wars. It never spawns, though! :(

I'll get all these vehicles I need eventually, it's only a matter of time the game spawns them inside the Gang/Drug Wars.