Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,803 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

SMG

GTA V will, probably, be banned in Australia

eclaireN7
Why is it so difficult over there?

Because we have a sh*t prime minister. Why did people even elect the bloody orangutan to run Aus anyways?

NONative

Because we have a sh*t prime minister. Why did people even elect the bloody orangutan to run Aus anyways?

Hey we had the same problem, we elected Bush!

Aljohnk

If banned, i'll go back to Philippines anyways biggrin.gif.

Matty

It is (or was) difficult here because of the fact that our rating system for video games only, until very recently, went to MA15+; of which was the highest rating that a video game could attain (which was stupid as films were allowed an R18 rating). Anything that was considered too over the top for the MA15+ rating was given a "Refused Classification" rating; and thus, was not allowed to be sold in Australia. GTA IV had to be toned down (removal of prostitution and toned down violence) for it to be given the MA15+ rating when it was released. I also believe that Left 4 Dead 2 also had to be majorly toned down in terms of its violence. There are also a handful of games which names don't come to mind which have been "Refused Classification" and banned as a result.

It also doesn't help when the Australian government (that is at pretty much all levels) is as conservative as it is. Given that there is now an R18 rating for video games in Australia now, I don't think that GTA V will have any of the same troubles that GTA IV or other games did.

LotusRIP

You can walk into any old corner store and buy it. Where there are games, there are GTA games. Nothing banned about it... Actually, even minors get away with buying it sometimes.

Now that there's an R rating, just reassures that we get the game in the same way the rest of you do. No censorships. Don't believe everything you hear. We don't ride kangaroos to work either and in fact, they're regarded a pest.

Edited by LotusRIP

DzNutz

HAHAHAH If its banned in Australia I will laugh my ass off!! >:D

mattmason55

Well i guess you wont be laughing anytime soon. Its not being banned in australia.

rsgtafan

All right so any aussie want to buy a copy of GTA V? meet me at sydney harbour one week after the release and bring 150$$ I'll smuggle in about 100.000 copies and I'll be in a cigar boat with my homie pimp slim.

Just like this with full of playboy model ho's.

user posted image

Or i'll take this one not sure yet

user posted image

PS. I'll bring drugs and guns like Ak 47's, RPG's and all that other fun stuff. We even have a Gold M60. So bring all your hard saved cash with ya.

scarface910
If they ban it, people will just be smart enough to buy it online from places with the same region coding like NZ or UK.

its just going to hurt retailers as much as anything. people are not always as dumb as the powers that be make them out to be.

GTA V would have to be pretty evil and sinister for it to be banned outright. The only GTA that came close to that was GTA III. It actually was banned for a couple of months, but re-released.

Im sure somebody will find something to ban GTA V for, and when that happens, ill request your tears in a sealed container sent over to me, and ill drink em in triumph while I enjoy GTA V...assuming your from aussieland.

gtaadam81

GTA IV got through ok uncensored (well they didnt ban the game after the patch came through) and is still sold at stores uncut. That got a MA15+ rating so GTAV should be the same, if there is any problems then it should pass as R18+ . Most games that were banned happened before the new classification come in which i'm sure alot of them would pass now. Mortal Kombat (2011) is already going through this process.

LotusRIP

Wow just read the list of games banned there. That is wild!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banne...es_in_Australia

I so sorry that gamers have to go through this.

I own The Getaway, and I see Silent Hill: Homecoming in shops all the time. Not sure about the others because they're all sh*t games and never heard of them, but if really wanted to, could buy online like all you lazy fat f*cks do these days anyway... it's no different.

Don't believe everything you read on wikipedia... take the same advice given every time somebody updates GTAV's wiki page with bogus info.

eclaireN7
GTA IV got through ok uncensored (well they didnt ban the game after the patch came through) and is still sold at stores uncut. That got a MA15+ rating so GTAV should be the same, if there is any problems then it should pass as R18+ . Most games that were banned happened before the new classification come in which i'm sure alot of them would pass now. Mortal Kombat (2011) is already going through this process.

GTA IV (by itself) is sold as the cut version on consoles, but is uncut through a patch. The complete edition of IV is uncut though, and same with the PC version.

GTAVAu

You can pre-order it here.

Karpetburnz

Why would you laugh? If its banned in Australia then it would most likely be banned in New Zealand which would just cause me grief. angry.gif

~INDIO~

Who cares. It's only australia!

Algonquin Assassin

I laugh at your ignorance. icon14.gif

Edited by Miamivicecity

The Odyssey

It won't.

Okay it might.

Blame that bitch Julia Gillard.

If it does ill but it off eBay. That works, right?

Edited by thegtaman531

eclaireN7
Who cares. It's only australia!

Im sorry, but all you f*cktards hating on Australia can just f*ck off. We are just as big GTA fans as the rest of you, and in some cases, maybe bigger fans. This is a major concern for us (even if its unlikely to happen) so if you have nothing useful to say, just f*ck off.

EnchantedX360

If you're in Australia, like I am, just order it from Game Lane (google it), you pay US prices and the guys are in Australia!

OriZarhiKing5
If it is f*cking banned over here I will officially be the most pissed off person on GTAF. It is utter bullsh*t if it is and I will f*ck the government's brains out if they do.

Either way I'm blaming it on Julia. tounge.gif

You can still buy it from eBay and sites online.

Corndawg93

I laugh at you, Ha Ha

Jobow27

If Australia Releases the R18+ law to games dosen't that make it a good thing because you'll be allowed to buy the game as long as your with a parrent?, If so then I would rather have the law enforced so that at least GTA V is purchasable? or is it the other way around? confused.gif

Jobow27

Pretty sh*t because i turn 15 in a few mounths and then the law comes in and its like "f*ckING HEEEEELLELELELLELELELLLLLLLL!!!!!". Gotta wait till im 18, ill probably get bagged out bad for buying games at 18 or something.

Please do not double post. Use the EDIT button. - Girish

Los Santos - 1992 to 2013

When I got my copy of GTA IV in November 2009, It had PEGI (Pan European Game Information) on it. NOT OLFC/ACB (Office of Film and Literature Classification/Australian Classification Board).

Why? You may ask. Well the game store (EB Games) had the game imported from Europe to bypass the OLFC Classification system. since the game was censored. Game Store employees have a right to check games if the game has a MA +15 rating, but most people bypass it by using their parents to buy the game.

If anyone have anymore Australian Classification loopholes, tell me via PM.

Backfire6

Video game that actually becomes " illegal" now that has to be a comedy act right?....Can you really imagine being arrested for buying something as harmless as a video game? Think about it...arrested for a video game. LOL

Mr. Darko

Can you really imagine being arrested for buying something as harmless as a video game? Think about it...arrested for a video game. LOL

Well it would be more like getting a fine. Funny image, though.

Lock n' Stock

I doubt they'd ban it, considering it's a very big franchise worldwide. Although it's not been given the best of times in Australia, I'm sure it'll at least pass for an R18 considering the MA15+ rating for previous titles. There can't possibly be a huge amount of adult content that wasn't in other GTA games, right?

And all you idiots giving Australia crap can just piss off.

Edited by Gst0395

GreenReign
weak... and Autralians let themselves be patronized by their government like this..? I also gather immigration rules are pretty draconian as well. I though you were cool, Australia! What happened?

Australia stopped being cool when the Steve Irwin died.

Dutch Psycho

If you die on sept 17 2013 i will laugh my ass off devil.gif

No seriously that was one of the most immature comments ever here on the gtaf.