Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,184 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Mr_Leone

Did you like Toni Cipriani?

Toni Macaroni  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Toni Macaroni

• I liked Toni!
    • I didn't like Toni

H.I.M.
To be honest the only thing I really like about Liberty City stories was the empire system storyline, as in rising up through the ranks of the mafia and becoming a made man.

I didn't like Toni, he was an ass-kisser to Sal and in my opinion was more of a pussy than CJ (although San Andreas is my favourite GTA dislike CJ).

So no, I don't like Toni. They had so much potential to make him awesome like he was in GTA III, in fact he was one of my favourite characters in III but just didn't cut it in Liberty City Stories.

This. I didn't like Toni.. He kissed Sal's ass too much.. mad.gif

GoldenBlade

Toni Cipriani is a great protagonist, but he surely could have been better.

Rewas

Liked Toni. I really liked the relationship between Salvatore and Toni.

The Pizza Delivery Guy

Toni was hilarious. One of my favorite protagonists. Second to Tommy Vercetti.

I really want to know what actually happened to all these characters, like a news show on a tallk radio in GTA V, just walking you through what happened to them all later on in life...

Flesh-n-Bone

I like him but he's not my favorite or anything. Too much of an ass-kisser but still a badass.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
I like him but he's not my favorite or anything. Too much of an ass-kisser but still a badass.

Well, he does work for the Mafia. I'm pretty sure I'd do a lot of ass kissing too if I cared for my life.

Mr_Leone

Toni was looked after mightily by the Mafia. Even if he kissed ass, Sal looked after him.

Flesh-n-Bone

Well, he does work for the Mafia. I'm pretty sure I'd do a lot of ass kissing too if I cared for my life.

Yeah but I prefer a character who "kisses ass" only to get ahead. Something like CJ and Tommy where they pretend to be trustworthy and then turn on somebody. (Salvatore and Diaz for instance)

Rolando Arroyo

I think Toni is a bad ass and IMO has the best come backs to when people talk crap to him. Ex. McAfferey or some guy said "What, no flowers?" to which Toni replied "I didn't know it was your funeral today" (GTA LCS PSP) I didn't like him in GTAIII because he got way out of shape and aged a lot in those few years. He is also seen running out of a laundromat like a little girl. Plus he bitches about his mom on the radio in GTA3 like how she bitched about him in GTA LCS.

GTAKid667

Yeah but I prefer a character who "kisses ass" only to get ahead. Something like CJ and Tommy where they pretend to be trustworthy and then turn on somebody. (Salvatore and Diaz for instance)

Yes, I prefer characters that don't turn on others and even if they 'kiss ass' its not something that lets the character down

GtaIIIFanBoy

I Loved Toni!! icon14.gif

markusizr

me 50/50

cos he doesnt only swim

GTAKid667

I dont understand why some people don't like Toni, I thought he was a great protagonist

GoldenBlade
I dont understand why some people don't like Toni, I thought he was a great protagonist

So do I. He actually fit LCS perfectly. His sense of humor is what I liked.

GTAKid667

So do I. He actually fit LCS perfectly. His sense of humor is what I liked.

Same here, well I guess I'm not alone in thinking that icon14.gif

People like markusizr need to give him a chance, just because he cant swim it doesnt mean you shouldnt like him. I bet you can't/could swim at one point in your life, so does that mean people should like you 50/50... confused.gif

FearTheLiving

I liked Toni. He works hard for his family (biological and mafia) and doesn't ask for a whole lot in return. He doesn't take sh*t often throwing a "f*ck you" at people he doesn't respect nor respect him. The only thing that really brings down Toni as a protagonist is the game itself which didn't seem to benefit at all from SA even though it was released afterwards. VCS in comparison just feels a lot more polished and fleshed out overall.

Like others have said, it would have been better if he had is original VA (on that note Maria as well, can't stand her voice in LCS).

GTAKid667
I liked Toni. He works hard for his family (biological and mafia) and doesn't ask for a whole lot in return. He doesn't take sh*t often throwing a "f*ck you" at people he doesn't respect nor respect him. The only thing that really brings down Toni as a protagonist is the game itself which didn't seem to benefit at all from SA even though it was released afterwards. VCS in comparison just feels a lot more polished and fleshed out overall.

Like others have said, it would have been better if he had is original VA (on that note Maria as well, can't stand her voice in LCS).

The only reason the game was not as good as SA is because it was made for PSP which is less technologically advanced than the PS2 and so couldn't incorporate many of those features. I do agree though that if Maria and Toni had there original voice actors it would have been better... especially Maria.

TheDeaconBosco

The only reason the game was not as good as SA is because it was made for PSP which is less technologically advanced than the PS2 and so couldn't incorporate many of those features. I do agree though that if Maria and Toni had there original voice actors it would have been better... especially Maria.

I don't know... I really like Toni's VA in LCS, absolutly perfect.

Now, while Toni isn't the most charismatic, ambitious, or even intelligent of the GTA protags, I seriously don't think that they could have made him any better.

A ruthless enforcer, but loyal to his boss no matter the circumstances, I like that. But my favorite aspect of Toni's character is just how he manages to stay calm and collected with all the insanity that surrounds him all throughout the game.

His Ma putting a hit on him, Donald having some of the other "white meat", Blowing up an entire neighborhood just because he doesn't have anything else to do. It's really comical in hindsight.

FearTheLiving

I'm not saying it had to be as good as SA, what I'm saying is it didn't seem to benefit from it at all. There was pretty much nothng taken from SA to improve LCS. Like I said in a post on another thread when you compare it to VCS you can tell they pulled a bit from SA and previous GTAs.

Again both games on PSP and ported to PS2.

GTAKid667

I'm not saying it had to be as good as SA, what I'm saying is it didn't seem to benefit from it at all. There was pretty much nothng taken from SA to improve LCS. Like I said in a post on another thread when you compare it to VCS you can tell they pulled a bit from SA and previous GTAs.

Again both games on PSP and ported to PS2.

Fair enough, maybe it was just Rockstar trying to make the game reminiscent of GTA III?

acmilano

I liked Tony,just finished LCS again before GTA V is released. For @sskissing well,that's the way in Mafia,but i think that he would take over after Salvatore's death anyway,so he become boss now.

Vojta

Yeah, Toni is OK! smile.gif

TonyMontanaCDL

No I didn't like him, I LOVED him.

As far as all protagonists go, he was one of the best ones. A million times better than CJ, Vic, and Luis.

Toni is a survivor, and even though he has his Ma, she don't make his character into a victim, like they did with Niko and Roman or CJ with Sweet, etc.

Infinityfq

I like the fact that he has stayed with 1 group through all of the game, most of them either form a crime family during the game (Tommy Vercetti, Vic Vance), get disconnected from their family (CJ), never even have one (Luis, Claude), only Johnny and Toni have stood true to their family during the whole game.

I didn't really like that they changed him that much from GTA III, it's only 3 years, he looked better in III.

I still prefer Victor from the two 'Stories' games.

GTAKid667

I guess you could say he was kissing up to Salvatore at times but I don't think this ruins his character in any way, Toni is Toni, nothing can describe who he is, I like him, and so do 130 others according to the poll :^:

LeatherLion

Toni is the italian badass.

LeatherLion

No I didn't like him, I LOVED him. As far as all protagonists go, he was one of the best ones. A million times better than CJ, Vic, and Luis.Toni is a survivor, and even though he has his Ma, she don't make his character into a victim, like they did with Niko and Roman or CJ with Sweet, etc.

Because of their race?

Vannimon

Toni is actually quite cool IMO. If you go on about him being a pussy, you are off your rocker. Though I do think that Niko was a badass (he did a lot of stuff that nobody else did), but that's because he was in the war... You wanna see a pussy of a GTA protagonist? Go play GTA VCS.

Backfire6

Ya he was an okay character.

Phillipino0418

I like Claude,Tommy,CJ,Toni,Victor,Niko,Luis,Johnny,Michael,Trevor of course Franklin....

Edited by Phillipino0418