Mr_Leone

GTA VC vs. GTA VCS

65 members have voted

1. 1. GTA VC vs. GTA VCS

• Vice City Stories
    • Vice City

Mr_Leone

Go.

Original Vice City is best, I liked everything protagonist, storyline, setting. It captured 80s atmosphere really good, though VCS has something special too wink.gif .

InfernoV

I like vice city stories on psp but this isnt really much of a compeition. Vice city hands down!

Miamivicecity

Even if R* make a new GTA set in VC on R.A.G.E back in the 80s I bet it wouldn't feel as special as VC.

It's one of those periods I feel can never be replicated. VCS is a good game, but I like VC's more "Scarface" ish feel of 80s Miami. VCS feels more like a holiday with with brighter neons and whatever and one mark against it is it has no enter able Malibu Club.

Had VCS come out in 2002 that may have been a different story, but the chemistry R* created in VC really felt one off to me.

Mr_Leone
Even if R* make a new GTA set in VC on R.A.G.E back in the 80s I bet it wouldn't feel as special as VC.

It's one of those periods I feel can never be replicated. VCS is a good game, but I like VC's more "Scarface" ish feel of 80s Miami. VCS feels more like a holiday with with brighter neons and whatever and one mark against it is it has no enter able Malibu Club.

Had VCS come out in 2002 that may have been a different story, but the chemistry R* created in VC really felt one off to me.

I liked GTA VCS' Phil Collins concert. That also made the environment better, so I think you're giving VCS the short end of the stick. VC is awesome, haven't completed it more then once. Better go for round 2.

Dragonjack

Grand Theft Auto Vice city for me and its because the way it looks etc. inlove.gif

tj11

lol.gif Stupid topic. Vice City Stories was rubbish. The only good thing about it was Phil Collins. tounge2.gif

Edited by tj11

Andreas

I think Grand Theft Auto Vice City is better! It was a very good game for its time and it still is. It's more nostalgic. smile.gif

Redketman

I actually thought Vice City Stories was better than Vice City and I think it had something to do with the specific missions and that there were empires in VCS. It also felt like Vic Vance was a cooler protagonist than Tommy although I'm aware of that most people thing it's the other way around. But overall I would say that the games are almost equally good and I have more respect for Tommy these days.

I was never really a fan of Vice City, the city itself, though. I prefered the Liberty City atmosphere and the San Andreas atmosphere over Vice City and it wasn't until around 2006-2007 that I decided to beat Vice City even though I bought the game some years before that. I was stuck when I couldn't beat a boat race mission and that mission were you was at a construction area. I didn't have any problems with those missions when I was older though!

Gtaghost22

Vice City is better..

But Vice city stories is really underrated, it's not that popular compared to the full games and a lot of people hate it, but it's awesome.

BabeRuth

VCS smile.gif .

Miamivicecity
I actually thought Vice City Stories was better than Vice City and I think it had something to do with the specific missions and that there were empires in VCS. It also felt like Vic Vance was a cooler protagonist than Tommy although I'm aware of that most people thing it's the other way around. But overall I would say that the games are almost equally good and I have more respect for Tommy these days.

I was never really a fan of Vice City, the city itself, though. I prefered the Liberty City atmosphere and the San Andreas atmosphere over Vice City and it wasn't until around 2006-2007 that I decided to beat Vice City even though I bought the game some years before that. I was stuck when I couldn't beat a boat race mission and that mission were you was at a construction area. I didn't have any problems with those missions when I was older though!

For me nothing will beat VC's atmosphere not even GTA IV. Everytime I play it I feel like I've stepped into the Delorean and gone back to 1986. Even after all these years VC still feels special.

I appreciate what R* tried to do with VCS, but it never conveyed the feeling I got from VC. The empire building was good, but I didn't like how VC's city scape was ruined by ugly industrial like buildings scattered all over the map. Much prefer VC's assets.

tj11
For me nothing will beat VC's atmosphere not even GTA IV. Everytime I play it I feel like I've stepped into the Delorean and gone back to 1986.

To watch your own birth? lol.gif

But yeah, the 1980's was the best decade ever! Even though VC is set in America, it still takes me back to my childhood.

Vice City Stories wasn't made by R* North, so that's probably why it wasn't as good, and lacked that certain je ne sais quoi.

Flesh-n-Bone

I go with Vice City Stories. Both games are absolute perfection but I have more of a personal attachment to VCS since I've played it more and mastered the game. Plus the atmosphere perfects everything VC had although it feels a bit too good for the 80s if you know what I mean. With VC, nothing takes me back in time like walking the alleyways around Ocean Beach but VCS truly makes me think of the party-heavy side of the 80s with the Jetskis, more danceable music and the orange sky.

Fisciletti

Two letters:

VC.

GTA fan from the United Kingdom

Vice City because it had a great storyline and protagonist. VCS certainly gave it a run for its money though and the empire buliding was one of my favourite things about the game.

Mr_Leone
I go with Vice City Stories. Both games are absolute perfection but I have more of a personal attachment to VCS since I've played it more and mastered the game. Plus the atmosphere perfects everything VC had although it feels a bit too good for the 80s if you know what I mean. With VC, nothing takes me back in time like walking the alleyways around Ocean Beach but VCS truly makes me think of the party-heavy side of the 80s with the Jetskis, more danceable music and the orange sky.

I liked VCS sky's better, I agree.

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

IMO:

1. Storyline: Tie.
  2. Protagonist: Tie; Each of Tommy and Victor has his own personality, and cool on his own way.
  3. Antagonist: VCS; Sonny is fine, but I prefer Martinez and the Mendez brothers.
  4. Atmosphere: VC.
  5. Gameplay: VCS.
  6. Fight mechanics: VCS.
  7. Side-missions: VCS.
  8. Music: VC.
  9. City: VCS; map updates were cool.
  10. Storyline length: VC.

Mainly, I prefer VCS. I liked its story as much as VC's,. I really enjoyed its side-missions as well, especially the empire-building, which is more like a mix of VC's properties and SA's gang wars. I also liked its map updates, compared to VC. Although it's so expected, noticing the three years between the release date of the both of the games.

The atmosphere felt a little cartoonish compared to VC, though.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

Femme Fatale

Nice bump.

Vice City is king.

Mikajs75

VCS by far, it improved VC in every way except the storyline and it’s a shame R* doesn’t care to remaster it on ios and android

B Dawg

Vice City Stories obviously. All Vice City has going for it is a better protagonist and story, but the gameplay of Vice City Stories is superior.

eCola

If there's anything VC has done, VCS has probably done it better. Well, except for the story.

jaljax

Vice City.

Vice City Stories is better somewhat , but like eCola mentioned previously ... only the story wasn't as good as Vice City's

Jack Lupino

For story and atmosphere-VC

For side missions,features and activities-VCS

Vercetti27

VCS has some things over Vice City, for example the city is a lot more attractive in the stories version, much lighter, less wasted space, neon lighting and i'd say better gangs (wiping out the cholos was very enjoyable) and the range of vehicles is fantastic (hovercraft, jetski, the polaris v8) the business building was a good idea, executed horribly imo, some very repetetive missions as well as the whole business takeover mechanic involving constant attacks really slow your progress down on the second island.

VCS probably has the most painful missions in the history of the series, i still get angsty completing tune on, tune in etc, as well as high wire and that sniper mission - f*ck that one. vice city definitely felt more special, the way the camera pans around like a movie, the background music when tommy meets lance, little details like that.

overall i feel vice city on the whole is stronger, but the extra side missions and gameplay details in vcs are worthwhile.

Miamivicecity

If there's anything VC has done, VCS has probably done it better. Well, except for the story.

VCS wont let me go inside the Malibu Club and massacre the village people though.

Inb4theTommycantswimjokes.;)

Crossbones

Vice City >>> Vice City Stories.

Johnny Spaz

VCS imo, VC was really predictable