Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,730 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Chad Warden

One thing I noticed [Spoilers, you've been warned]

Chad Warden

After you kill Dwayne, and Niko doesn't check his email's Dwayne sends him an email. Afterwards, Niko will reply (if positive, never did negative) "sh*t, Dwayne. I'm sorry." and it seems to depress Niko quite a bit. When you meet Cherise, after you beat up her abusive BF, Niko says..."Maybe I should have capped Playboy instead."

So, do you think GTA IV intended to have Niko kill X? The subtle hints Niko shows makes me think it shows his judgmental flaws.

GTAb0yWonder

Of course Playboy was the one who was intended to die. The safehouse may be the answer and reward, and so is Dwayne's friendship afterwards. Plus, when you kill Dwayne, Playboy really has no part in the story and activities afterwards. So there's no point in keeping him alive.

ccrogers15

Another reason killing playboy is canon, is because Dwaine is actually REQUIRED for 100% completion due to the fact you must be 100% friendship with him to get higher percent complete.

Chad Warden
Another reason killing playboy is canon, is because Dwaine is actually REQUIRED for 100% completion due to the fact you must be 100% friendship with him to get higher percent complete.

Dwayne is not needed for 100%.

TheKryptonite

That doesn't really prove it's canon.

Dr Kain

I kill Playboy because he is freaking annoying and a jerk. The only time I kill Dwayne is when I'm doing the opposite of what I normally do (which also means killing Ivan, killing whateverhisnamewas), and I do the Deal ending.

Mokrie Dela

I think the choices were slapped on the game toward the end of production. The finale choice is tthe same mision pretty much either way. Laziness, or a last minute rush.

The dwayne/Playboy choice. I am 99% sure Niko was supposed to kill PBX. Why? Well first, Niko says to Dwayne: "You remind me of me" so he wouldnt kill someone who reminds him of himself.

Secondly there's the absense of PBX and the rewards as mentioned. Plus niko actually says/ implies that he doesnt like PBX in a mission. Theres zero indication that you're supposed to kill dwayne.

Just the money - has niko been corrupted by the american dream? Or does he stand by his moral code.

Gtaghost22

Like Mokrie said, it's pretty obvious that Niko was supposed to kill Playboy X, seems like they just they slapped another choice at last minute just to add more reply value to the main story incase anyone wanted to play the story a 2nd time, i killed Playboy on my first playthrough too, felt like the right choice, Dwayne is an awesome character, wish he had a bigger role in the story.

Official General
Like Mokrie said, it's pretty obvious that Niko was supposed to kill Playboy X, seems like they just they slapped another choice at last minute just to add more reply value to the main story incase anyone wanted to play the story a 2nd time, i killed Playboy on my first playthrough too, felt like the right choice, Dwayne is an awesome character, wish he had a bigger role in the story.

Yeah I'm with on that too. I too just wished that Dwayne and Playboy X had a much bigger role in the GTA IV story, I wanted to see Niko get a bit more involved in the 'hood' side of things in Liberty City. That part of the game lasted for a brief moment halfway through. It would have been interesting to see more action from the street gangs like the North Holland Hustlers, M.O.B, Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers and the Spanish Lords.

PaddsterG2k3

Yeah I'm with on that too. I too just wished that Dwayne and Playboy X had a much bigger role in the GTA IV story, I wanted to see Niko get a bit more involved in the 'hood' side of things in Liberty City. That part of the game lasted for a brief moment halfway through. It would have been interesting to see more action from the street gangs like the North Holland Hustlers, M.O.B, Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers and the Spanish Lords.

Yeah I definitely agree with this. Think Rockstar missed a trick here.

Fisciletti

I didn't know about this.

And of course Playboy X was the one intended to die.