Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,995 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Shooticide

Turn Signals/Blinkers in GTA V?

grope_4_that_date

I'd rather be able to turn my lights completely off. So I can hide in allyways smile.gif

JoeJoeMcTwist

I think it would be a cool feature but only if the traffic would react in someway to you putting your turn signals on ie. like letting you make a lane change, or passing on the right when your making a left or yelling something out the window like "you gonna make that right already? it's been clear for half an hour moron!"

TheGreene2010

EDIT: Nevermind blush.gif

packardcaribien
And one tiny thing. "Blinkers?" Seriously? It's only usually children that use the term, "blinkers." But never mind me. Carry on, folks.

I think it's british slang. You know, like bonnet for hood, boot for trunk, louvres for vents, blinkers for turn signals etc.

----

I'd like turn signals, and I think they be a neat detail. Maybe you can hold x and press D-PAD right for a right turn signal and vice versa. And if you smash the lights on your car, hitting the turn signal button will make the protag do the old-fashioned hand signals.

Shooticide
I'd rather be able to turn my lights completely off. So I can hide in allyways smile.gif

That would be a neat feature as well. biggrin.gif

Ciaran

I would really love gta v if they had blinkers and wiper blades in gta it would add to realism to it happy.gifhappy.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Ciaran
I want to be able to take a nice slow sunday drive in the countryside, without some asshat npc driver ramming me from behind when I'm following the traffic rules. ph34r.gif

Knowing GTA, I don't think it will happen. I mean what GTA is there that NPC's don't ram you out of no where?

There should be some crazy drivers out there just for laughs, but I hope it won't be like IV, where all the npc drivers would freak out if Niko suddenly decided to drive according to the rules.

I agree. i hate in gta iv if you want to follow the rules of the road and stop at at a traffic lights the npc drivers ram into the back of you after 3 seconds

John The Grudge

And one tiny thing.  "Blinkers?"  Seriously?  It's only usually children that use the term, "blinkers."  But never mind me.  Carry on, folks.

I think it's british slang. You know, like bonnet for hood, boot for trunk, louvres for vents, blinkers for turn signals etc.

----

I'd like turn signals, and I think they be a neat detail. Maybe you can hold x and press D-PAD right for a right turn signal and vice versa. And if you smash the lights on your car, hitting the turn signal button will make the protag do the old-fashioned hand signals.

No we call them indicators. A nice macho term.

I don't like the idea of having to indicate. You could put it in there as a little thing to play with, without making it a rule to use them. It's not something I'm fussed with. I remember The Getaway series on the PS2 used the vehicle's indicators as a way of guiding the player to their destination. It looks a bit crap if you ignore them though.

Somebody above mentioned being able to turn off your lights completely at night. I quite like that idea.

Edited by John The Grudge

Ciaran
And one tiny thing.  "Blinkers?"  Seriously?  It's only usually children that use the term, "blinkers."  But never mind me.  Carry on, folks.

----

No we call them indicators. A nice macho term.

I don't like the idea of having to indicate. You could put it in there as a little thing to play with, without making it a rule to use them. It's not something I'm fussed with. I remember The Getaway series on the PS2 used the vehicle's indicators as a way of guiding the player to their destination. It looks a bit crap if you ignore them though.

Somebody above mentioned being able to turn off your lights completely at night. I quite like that idea.

I agree with turning off all the car lights at night stay hidden away from the police but indicaters would be awesome for role-playing

Ciaran

Indicators would be nice for role playing

Ciaran

what 'bout hazard lights?

FrankieP

No.

Ciaran

Indicators would be great as an extra feature but not essential

BigJacob

You want through all this editing and trouble just to explain what turn signals are? You think people dont know ?

Anyway, stupid idea, sure they could add it, but its not even worth discussing.

So cool

BigJacob

We never ever use the word 'blinkers'...

Indicators is what your looking for.

SceneQueen

I would love to have blinkers... I've been wanting that in every GTA / Driver game since 2000!

kj2022

We never ever use the word 'blinkers'...

Indicators is what your looking for.

yeah, British people use Indicators and Bonnet, blinkers is an american word.

YukiEiri
I would love to have blinkers... I've been wanting that in every GTA / Driver game since 2000!

NPC's use them in IV. And they actually help avoid some crashes..

Or at least I've managed to avoid some crashes because of them.

In single-/multiplayer: No, we do not need to use them. There's no need to "waste" buttons from the controlle for that.

steven2805

As I think a lot of people have said, I don't think indicators would add much to the game.

However it could and I use could very lousily be done like the old driver games, indicators are automatic depending on your lane and speed. Obviously blazing down a road you not likely to be bothered with your lane.

Finally, no I don't think it should be a feature smile.gif

a3HeadedMonkey

This is not The Sims. Seriously, how do all these little role playing kids get their hands on an 18 rated game anyway? All I see is topic after topic about how they want to turn GTA into their virtual doll house. Go back to your action figures & toy cars & leave games like GTA to the adults that don't care about this stupid sh­it.

Burner

Unless using indicators can somehow be used to blow things up, they would be a waste of button mapping.

CustardMoo

mods would ruin it. I would like to see Rockstar improve on their security as in blocking people from modding the game.

Excuse me? in GTA: SA... Graphics mods, skins, cars,maps and other cool sh*t

GTA IV: Graphics mods skins cars, guns, maps, aeroplanes, other cool sh*t...

for me GTA games have been saved by modding material, GTA IV would be dead to me without mods, if R* did what you just said, half the people would buy the game, finish the story... then watch the dust cover the case.

Signal1

I think thats a great idea. As long as they focus on vehicle dynamics first. The vehicles mostly drive like crap in IV.

JuventusFC

what a stupid f*cking idea

mitchnorton

SO POINTLESS!!! Like I'm gonna be in my car, chased at a six-star wanted level, and approach a left turn being like: "Oh sh*t, forgot to indicate."

Like most of us who play GTA drive carefully anyway.

JPichay

Turn signals and blinkers would be a nice addition, but its defintely not necessary. It would take up too much space for the button space, and with the limited amount of buttons for the controllers of the major consoles, a turn-signal would not be a significant control.

That being said, I do feel it should be made into a mod available for the PC version (if released) of GTA V instead of being made as a primary control in vehicle HUD.

ShotGunRain
SO POINTLESS!!! Like I'm gonna be in my car, chased at a six-star wanted level, and approach a left turn being like: "Oh sh*t, forgot to indicate."

Some people like to role play and obey traffic rules stopping at stop signs using indicators etc.

ScorpDaMonk
I want to be able to take a nice slow sunday drive in the countryside, without some asshat npc driver ramming me from behind when I'm following the traffic rules. ph34r.gif

Knowing GTA, I don't think it will happen. I mean what GTA is there that NPC's don't ram you out of no where?

There should be some crazy drivers out there just for laughs, but I hope it won't be like IV, where all the npc drivers would freak out if Niko suddenly decided to drive according to the rules.

LOL

Signal1

Some people like to role play and obey traffic rules stopping at stop signs using indicators etc.

Especially if hauling a large amount of coke and did not want to draw attention. Would be more realistic. I think its a great idea.

JuventusFC

Go and f*cking drive in real life then lameass. This is GRAND THEFT AUTO, not REAL LIFE TRAFFIC SIMULATOR.

The stupidity of people here never ceases to amaze me.