Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,840 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Untame Snail

Every GTA had multiple protagonists.

Untame Snail

Do you guys not know what a protagonist is? It more closely means "good guy" than "main character." Anyone who helps the main character in any way is a protagonist.

Anyway, my point is that there's no reason to think we'll have multiple main characters. But ironically you're all right in your speculation because you don't know what words mean.

Burbalade

"A protagonist (from the Greek πρωταγωνιστής protagonistes, "one who plays the first part, chief actor"[1]) is the main character (the central or primary personal figure) of a literary, theatrical, cinematic, or musical narrative, which ends up in conflict because of the antagonist and with whom the audience is intended to most identify."

-Wikipedia

There are already several topics discussing this.

Ryanbashaw

Yes there are different meaning but I think everyone knows the context were speaking of

maxthemax100
"A protagonist (from the Greek πρωταγωνιστής protagonistes, "one who plays the first part, chief actor"[1]) is the main character (the central or primary personal figure) of a literary, theatrical, cinematic, or musical narrative, which ends up in conflict because of the antagonist and with whom the audience is intended to most identify."

-Wikipedia

There are already several topics discussing this.

This

LolBurn
Do you guys not know what a protagonist is? It more closely means "good guy" than "main character." Anyone who helps the main character in any way is a protagonist.

Anyway, my point is that there's no reason to think we'll have multiple main characters. But ironically you're all right in your speculation because you don't know what words mean.

user posted image

Kjax39

smartass

jamieleng

@Lolburn

Nice. biggrin.gif

I was thinking of something to say but words don't do it justice.

Eagle-Eye

You're kind of right in a way and also... wrong.

Protagonist is the Main Characters

Characters who Help the Protagonist are the Confidants/Supporters.

The Antagonist Is the Main Villian

So you can say.

P - CJ

S- Ryder, Ceaser, etc

A - Officer Tenpenny

Edited by Eagle-Eye

mulder84
Do you guys not know what a protagonist is? It more closely means "good guy" than "main character."

Even if you're right, a good guy? In GTA series? Pfft. Please. sarcasm.gif

Cha Boy Jesus

I think you are trying to look smart but in turn you are looking stupid.

LolBurn

I've seen some dumb bronies but this guy just takes the cake.

Audiophile

Let me remember English class. Ok. A protagonist is usually the main character whose point of view you're experiencing things with (usually a good guy) and antagonist is the exact opposite and is the "bad" one that the protag goes up against in a story. I think everyone here knows what context we were using the word "protagonist" in.

Edited by Audiophile

Durden

Don't be a smartass -- the protagonist is the MAIN character in which the positive energy is centered towards. For example, in GTAIV, Niko is the Protagonist, and Roman would be just a side character I believe.

Mefris

orly.gif God,I hope GTA comes out soon.

Raynos

lol, why must you troll?

With a post like that, it's obvious that you're just trying to insight something.

Surely, no one could be that thick to think that Protagonist means "good guys"

Pancho Green

Bra...... Are u retarded? We are talkin about playable characters.

Mefris

lol, why must you troll?

With a post like that, it's obvious that you're just trying to insight something.

You're a member of this forum since '07,surely this kind of stupidity doesn't surprise you.

scarface910

OP left the thread in shame.

Frantz Fuchs

HAHAHA I laughed so hard! lol.gifbiggrin.gif

Cha Boy Jesus

I've seen some dumb bronies but this guy just takes the cake.

Yeah this is just a dumb topic. Lock it.

Raynos

lol, why must you troll?

You're a member of this forum since '07,surely this kind of stupidity doesn't surprise you.

lol to be honest, back in he old days, the retardation wasn't as evident.

We would write songs to each other and play games on dial up connection.

It was epic.. *sigh" How i miss the good old days.. cryani.gif

goh13

You might be right [i think you are wrong] on the meaning of protagonists in the real world but, this is GTA forums. By protagonists we mean the guy you play with. Like CJ or Niko. Ever heared a guy on the street say a word you did not understand? Rappers come to mind. They are talking English but, it is THEIR English. They understand it but you do not. We understand what others mean when they use the word protagonist.

Do you know how you sound like? "Hey guys! You are all right! It is because I know a small detail in English that makes you right! How smart am I? Am I not so smart?! TELL ME?!"

That how people see you. Just saying so you do not look like an ass next time smile.gif

Advice, not an insult. I have to say this line in every post because anyone over reacts like a monkey on fire FFS.

scarface910

lol, why must you troll?

Back then everyone in the forum wore suits and tophats with canes, while holding their monocles and making witty observations. Now it's a zoo where monkeys throw feces at each other.

Cha Boy Jesus

lol, why must you troll?

Back then everyone in the forum wore suits and tophats with canes, while holding their monocles and making witty observations. Now it's a zoo where monkeys throw feces at each other.

Yes the forum is much more mature now.

Audiophile

Oh god. Not all of us new members are that bad, are we?

But yeah I had my first account here back in 2005 to get help on the flying school missions in SA, I didn't post much and have since forgotten the account...I do remember that this place was very different indeed.

Mefris

lol, why must you troll?

Well,at least it's more entertaining then a petting zoo.

So there was a time when coherent ideas prospered here and members sat by the fireplace singing kumbaya in total bliss?Ha,imagine that...

jamieleng

lol, why must you troll?

Indubitably old chap. monocle.gif

bowling...?

San Andreas didn't.

Johan

I'm glad I passed English class

JStarr31

ironically, the OP is wrong about the meaning of the word PROTAGONIST but is correct in stating every GTA had multi-protags (except GTA 2)

GTA 1 - multiple protags

GTA 2 - none

GTA III - Claude, Toni Cipriani

VC - Tommy V., Vic Vance

SA - CJ and co-op character (lol)

GTA IV - Niko, Johnny, Luis

ironic isn't it... also off-topic, Denise in GTA IV looks an awful lot like Denise from SA, hmmmm....