• Craigsters

• luisniko

• chronic lumbago

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The prayers have been answered.

Pimp my Home Plate. WIP.          

"My in-game love life summed up in a handful of seconds..."  

How is the combat difficulty ? I don't mind a challenge, but I don't want a rage fit controller throwing nightmare either.

Its pretty balanced tbh, a couple of enemies attacking at the same time wont be much of a challenge even without the use of power armour.

The vats system has been tweaked so its not an instant win strategy. I've found in some situations not using it to be the best decision.

Also remember you can alter difficulty on the fly as well so if your finding a certain moment too hard just drop a difficulty level and you can always bump it back up afterwards.

Having said this, f*ck infected bloodbugs....

Edited by nargris

Found the fatman fairly close to the start point. I'll post in spoiler below.

no major story spoiler or anything in it.

to locate the fat man . across the lake from sanctuary is a robot disposal place. Go inside and use the terminal to activate the big robot, it has no power cells do can only talk sh*t and can't move. Destroy it and the fatman will be close by, my dog found it 1st time then I died and had to locate it myself.

edit: my spelling was atrocious

Edited by monkb4skunk

Ain't rushing the story, like I did with New Vegas. Having a blast.

Graphics aren't bad. I run it maxed out ultra. Shame, for some reason having 60+ frames all the time but with certain 'scoped' weapons the frames drop under the 20 fps.

At first I was terribly upset/intimidated by the crafting system and the base building mechanics. Still am really... not sure how to get a '100% happy' settlement. But maybe in due time I guess.

But the part that intimidated me the most was how many f*cking items there are and that pretty much every f*cking piece of junk is valuable/usable.

It's really great so far. Loving it. The more I play the more I get addicted to it (kinda same deal with The Phantom Pain). I only hope this game won't be such a dissappointment/unfished product like TPP was. But I doubt that.

Also encountered alot of bugs. Weapons dissappearing (I can still shoot them, they just turn invisible). Dogmeat disappearing. Lots of animation glitches. Escape and tab keys not working (to get to 'game menu' and 'Pip Boy) respectively.

Also Bethesda still has to learn that PC gamers want better FOV's. I figured they'd added a vanilla option to adjust this. But apparently not.

^maybe it is a bug you should be able to pick any perk half way down the poster if that was the case ?

@karma That's pretty random imo I liked making a hero and then an antihero.

oh well.

If that's the case that just really discouraged me from playing this game. I've put over 8 hours into it and do not want to start over...

Can someone look at this video, maybe I'm just missing something. (I really hope)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrZy5Dzavok&feature=youtu.be

the only thing I "hate" so far is the new radio DJ

what a boring ass, poorly-spoken, ignorant sounding douche.

they should have brought back Three Dog.

Lol I'm pretty sure that was intentional, I wonder if there's a mission that involves him?

Edited by Edward Nashton

Can someone look at this video, maybe I'm just missing something. (I really hope)

Fairly certain you spent the points upgrading the SPECIAL attributes, since you have 10 more than the starting amount of 28. When you level up you can either get a perk or increase a SPECIAL stat. Edited by RedDagger

Fairly certain you spent the points upgrading the SPECIAL attributes, since you have 10 more than the starting amount of 28. When you level up you can either get a perk or increase a SPECIAL stat.

Ohhh if that's the case I feel really stupid now lol. Thanks for your reply.

Yea mate looking at the vid thst is the case. See how they have mid color halfway down if you hadn't spent points on the special attributes you could unlock those perks. Next point you get unlock a perk (mysterious stranger because he's the man)

The game has been running at 60 fps for the most part, but I'm getting some serious frame rate dips when I walk into areas with lot's of trees and foliage, this is probably normal as I've maxed out all the settings but I'm wondering if there are some things I can tune down to get a better performance without losing too much graphical quality?

Edit: I've noticed I don't get FPS dips at night in these places

GeForce GTX 980Ti

i7 4790K

16 Gb RAM

Lower God rays, that should help. They look the same, regardless of the level.

Yea mate looking at the vid thst is the case. See how they have mid color halfway down if you hadn't spent points on the special attributes you could unlock those perks. Next point you get unlock a perk (mysterious stranger because he's the man)

Thanks for clarifying that, I was getting worried lol. Did I screw myself over though by not picking any perks? I'm just a casual fallout player so I really don't know what I'm doing sometimes.

7-8 hours yesterday.

Just finished 9 hours straight with only a lunch break.

I got kinda sucked in.

• Like 2

Lower God rays, that should help. They look the same, regardless of the level.

Thanks, I stopped getting that problem after yesterdays update, though. I still get some minor dips here and there, so I'll just lower god rays, anyway.

Edited by Edward Nashton

I thought the map was a bit small looking how far I'd moved on it in the pipboy but then I saw this . Fallout 3 map overlaid on f4s map. My worries are vanquished.

fallout-map-comparison.jpg?w=300

• Like 2

I took a missile or fat man to the face and got an achivement for it :I

I'm not sure what it was since all I heard was a whistle, followed by a boom, then I was dead

• Like 2

yeah so they asked me to defend my hometown and I went all f/cking Donald Trump on the place.

behold the Great Security Wall of Sanctuary!

ZUPSIbP.jpg

JYl6pL5.jpg

at this point the bridge is literally the only way inside so it'll be easy to defend as my primary fort.

eZbuJQW.jpg

with rec-room pool hall, of course.

2Eai27F.jpg

Edited by El Diablo

This random Borderlands type of weapons and mobs (I had a Legendary Super Mutant spawn, died, reloaded at the exact same interior and he wasn't there anymore). is really starting to blegh me out. <x> of <y> of <z> with <1> is not how RPG's should be.

I can't fathom anyone building an entire settlement, I've spend more than 12 hours on my Red Rocket building to make it perfect, if I had to do that six or ten times I'd kill myself. Started recruiting but apparantely caused a bug because it stopped recruiting after I send the 2nd recruit to another settlement. Constantly being out of adhesives is sooo annoying, I have materials to build a nuclear missile silo, but miss the adhesive to put it together, not fun.

Still haven't met a single interesting character and I'm already at Diamond City. Oh yeah, and the worst thing, you can't see your weapon that you've spend 4 hours on modifying on your back.

Edited by Fireman

I'm a bit annoyed right now with this game.

Because of the Freedom radio or whatever that BS is called that happens after you take back the castle/Fort Independence. Settlements are constantly under attack and I can't get any main story quests done.

Hey el diablo. I'm very impressed with your border. I tried making one around town last night too but it was so sh*tty compared to yours.

And that req room.

photo-thumb-961210.jpg?_r=1444847459

Edited by monkb4skunk

This random Borderlands type of weapons and mobs (I had a Legendary Super Mutant spawn, died, reloaded at the exact same interior and he wasn't there anymore). is really starting to blegh me out. <x> of <y> of <z> with <1> is not how RPG's should be.

I can't fathom anyone building an entire settlement, I've spend more than 12 hours on my Red Rocket building to make it perfect, if I had to do that six or ten times I'd kill myself. Started recruiting but apparantely caused a bug because it stopped recruiting after I send the 2nd recruit to another settlement. Constantly being out of adhesives is sooo annoying, I have materials to build a nuclear missile silo, but miss the adhesive to put it together, not fun.

Still haven't met a single interesting character and I'm already at Diamond City. Oh yeah, and the worst thing, you can't see your weapon that you've spend 4 hours on modifying on your back.

Wat? I died with a legendary enemy. Reloaded and it was still there.

Also yeah most characters are rather bland. There's still different kinds of Fallout silliness in this game... but not "memorable" character wise. The f*cking radio host is really killing radio for me. The songs are great but that f*cking radio host really ruins everything.

And oh that last bit of not being able to see your guns on your back: you're also a glorious PC gaming master race member. Mods will solve that soon enough brother.

2 friends I know that have decent/more than decent PC gaming rigs bought the game for their PS4's. I told them that was a stupid move. They said I was being a dick. Hell: this game dropping below 30 frames (which it sometimes does for some f*cking reason when aiming down a SCOPE) makes me want to stab my eyes out.

Also: I really believe that comparison map isn't really valid. I'm still 100% sure that the map is alot smaller than NV's and FO3's. Atleast, traversing it makes it feel alot smaller than those two other worlds. But: it's filled more with stuff/things/sightings. Though: a shame alot of buildings aren't enterable. And some buildings that are seemingly enterable are just 'made to look' like it's enterable.

Still though: the crafting and settlement system is pissing me off again. Due to having Belgian keyboards (azerty instead of qwerty) I had to remap my controls. For some reason though in the "base building mode' my WASD keys (ZQSD for us poort AZERTY users) don't correspond as 'movement' keys. I can only move backwards and to the right in base building mode.

Nice wall you got there, was thinking about doing the same. Also me and my brother both think it's a shame you can't restore your house to the 'pre-war' glory. I f*cking love those retro-futuristic houses.

Still haven't met a single interesting character and I'm already at Diamond City.

Not sure if you've met them but the detective is a somewhat interesting character, although meeting them has made it really obvious how bland everyone else is...I know Bethesda's writing is sh*te, but come on :sigh:

Honestly, after dropping to 35fps in Diamond City, I have absolutely no idea how anyone can play at that framerate. In any other game it would bother me but it would still be playable, but because the physics are tied to the framerate in Fallout 4, the game was playing at half speed any time the framerate dipped that low. I'm not trying to be elitist, but I truly feel sorry for the people that bought the console version of this game; you deserve a better experience than what Bethesda is giving you.

• Like 2

I'm on console and don't notice any problems with the frames at all,

and I have exceptional eyesight, I guess I'm just not looking for them and just 'playing the game' this whole world(well what I've seen and it ain't much) looks absolutely glorious to me. Then again it could be set out a little different with the devs knowing that it's only going to 30max on console.

better than 15 lol

Edited by monkb4skunk

I can't fathom anyone building an entire settlement, I've spend more than 12 hours on my Red Rocket building to make it perfect,

Still though: the crafting and settlement system is pissing me off again. Due to having Belgian keyboards (azerty instead of qwerty) I had to remap my controls. For some reason though in the "base building mode' my WASD keys (ZQSD for us poort AZERTY users) don't correspond as 'movement' keys. I can only move backwards and to the right in base building mode.

The entire settlement system menu is a huge pain in the ass because it was intended for consoles, they could've just let us use the mouse to properly place things.

There's still different kinds of Fallout silliness in this game...

Yeah there's a few ones that me me laugh, spoilers for people that just want to find everything themselves.

That one place that only has a Pick-A-Dinner machine (that machine that can't grab the food) and has like five corpses of hungry travellers around it, I loved that.

Edited by Fireman
  • Like 2

Combat in this game is brutal. In NV and 3, only really died to own stupidity. In here, the enemy genuinely outsmarted or surprised me. Assaulted this highway outpost thing, killed 2 people, started to get the 3rd on my sights when he threw a molotov at me, then headshot me. It was beautiful.

Finally started to meet the Institute's goons. Freaky as sh*t. Good Guy Paladin gave me an awesome laser rifle though. Tempted to join the BoS.

Got the radio thing on my settlement now, soon the immigrants will come. Got to start building that wall I suppose!

Also pleasantly surprised when the radio host started talking about my settlement and the minuteman. Really cool. That guy is the opposite of Three Dog, being all sad and depressed and "ugh is there even a point", which gives a nice contrast to the songs played on the radio, further contributing to the overall feeling of desolation in the wasteland, in my opinion. I make it a point to run on any radio I come in contact with, to liven up the wasteland.

Haven't had any framerate drops on ps4 yet. No need to feel sorry for us "console peasants"

I don't think you understood me - your highest possible framerate is half of my average, and the console versions run at half the speed because of how the physics work. Trust me, if you tried playing this game (or Skyrim, it's the same way) at 60 and went back to 30, you would see what I'm talking about and why I think Bethesda owes you more.

@Tchuck: completely agreed on the combat. I've been dying in only a few shots, and my hardest fight so far was a Raider Psycho in power armor who was actually using Stimpaks whenever his health was low. I only expected the gun play to be improved, but the combat in general is just so much better. Still, I would enjoy it even more if not for the pitiful amount of different weapons - mods really can't come fast enough.

Edited by Pat

Monk I took your advice and chose the mysterious stranger perk, it's f*cking awesome bro but does he only show up when you fight tougher enemies? That's kind of what I've noticed since I got it

Everytime I've played a fallout game I always choose random perks so I don't know what is good and what not. Probably also depends on your playstyle too I guess.

Edited by Im Ricky I Win
  • Like 1