• luisniko

• chronic lumbago

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The prayers have been answered.

Pimp my Home Plate. WIP.          

"My in-game love life summed up in a handful of seconds..."  

hvcciookay

I'd grab them now while you have the time. You'll get sucked in, especially if your ocd about opening every oven and fridge.

• Like 1
krashr

all of my fallout characters have been terrible hoarders. i decided to load up my last fallout save the other night and have a look at my old shack.. puppy was still patiently waiting out the front like a good boy, purified water in his bowl that he still hasn't figured out how to open, alien that i spent hours carrying back is still slumped by the wall, and my collection of guns and objects were still nicely placed on the table just like i left them.. i then spent about an hour just messing around. good times

• Like 6
Skeever

Anyone else prefer the Damage Threshold system over Damage Resistance? I'd be alright with having DR added via perks, but I'm really hoping that they choose to use DT over DR when it comes to armor. Going back to New Vegas, I really enjoy both that and the different ammo types (hollow-point, armor-piercing, overpressured, etc.).

• Like 3
hvcciookay

Yeah, I really hope Prime somehow makes a comeback. It was Destroyed according to lore, but the BoS recovered it and started to rebuild. The insane action was one thing, but the programmed sentences it says made it so much better haha.

Haha365

Anyone else prefer the Damage Threshold system over Damage Resistance? I'd be alright with having DR added via perks, but I'm really hoping that they choose to use DT over DR when it comes to armor. Going back to New Vegas, I really enjoy both that and the different ammo types (hollow-point, armor-piercing, overpressured, etc.).

I prefer DT over DR as well and how the different ammo types add pros and cons.

• Like 1
Ducard

Ok everyone is gunna hate my to death now, but I have never played a Fallout before... There I said it...

Now, this fallout 4 has gotten my attention, it's SP right? And I love SP games. So, I have a question - can I play fallout 4 without playing the 3 others? Or should I just buy the the old ones on PC or on PS3 and play them there?

You won't have any problem jumping into 4.

But, just grab 3 and NV already. Those two games are just brilliant, one of the best games ever made IMO.

If we are looking at 3 and NV, start with 3 first. You might find some things hard to live with (such as the dialogue) after playing NV and it's a bit more beginner friendly.

Fallout games are all about exploration. It's not something like COD where you pick up and play and finish in 10 hours. It's a game that wants you to explore and to discover. Don't go rushing the storyline missions because for one, you won't be able to do the side quests after the story in NV and 3 (unless you have the Broken Steel DLC) and for another, the side quests are great.

3's side quests are highly varied. New Vegas is a little less varied but more than makes up for it with the wonderful dialogue and the amount of ways you can complete a quest, by the beef is one of my favorite video game missions ever, no joke.

The atmosphere in both games is.. brilliant. Simply brilliant. Fallout 3's was spooky and very post apocalyptic. You had danger lurking in every corner, want to go from Megaton to somewhere else? You had to plan your journey, stock up a good amount of supplies. New Vegas is more light hearted but like I stated before, it's even more brilliant still. The Strip is just wow, it actually felt like an achievement to get to it after days of journeying. But really, great atmosphere is usually a norm with Bethesda's games.

The story in both games itself is quite solid but it doesn't matter if you complete it or not. Personally, I prefer doing the side quests.

Again, don't rush it. In fallout 3, in the vault raid everything so that you can sell it once you get to Megaton. Go for high speech and barter as these will be VERY important for the game. Once you get to Megaton don't rush it, explore and speak to everyone. Same goes for New Vegas, explore every nook and cranny of goodsprings and then go NORTH out of goodsprings not south like the game tells you too, you'll find lots of good treasure in a place called Sloan.

I'd recommend getting the GOTY edition(s) (It's called Ultimate edition for NV) for all the DLC's. And get it for PC as Bethesda's games are notoriously buggy on PS3. Plus the PC version has mods and console commands to satisfy your extra needs.

In short: 2 amazing games, cheap, amazing atmosphere, tons of content that'll keep you occupied for months, incredible mods for the PC version, what's not to love?

• Like 1
Cutter De Blanc

I hope they don't abandon the Hardcore mode option. I liked having to keep track of food and water.

• Like 1

I hope they don't abandon the Hardcore mode option. I liked having to keep track of food and water.

As long it's an actual challenge this time, yes bring it back.

• Like 2
Moth

BE3 is in a few hours time, what are you hoping to see?

Gameplay of Fallout 4, of course.

But specifically, I want to see iron sights and weapons mods from NV.

Audiophile

Just finished watching the stream.

I have no words.

I can't.

I didn't expect that much.....detail.....and all those features.

I mean....you can build your own village? Goddamn, this game is going to be great. I think I might be breaking my rule of not pre-ordering a game months from release.

I have no doubt this game will be amazing. Can't wait to grab the mobile game, too!

Dutch Psycho

Omg 2015 release. That's the spirit.

While i waswatching this huge demo with lot of information i thought this must release soon and yes it's coming november. Omg i'm so happy right now.

Edited by Dutch Psycho
Moth

So was there any game play? Kotaku only seems to have a video about Fallout Shelter.

Vaulttec

So was there any game play? Kotaku only seems to have a video about Fallout Shelter.

yes there was long live the enclave!!! 11-10-15 can't wait
Audiophile

Yeah, they showed off a ton of gameplay. Well, more than I expected anyway.

It looks amazing. I am sure videos will start cropping up soon.

Moth

yes there was long live the enclave!!! 11-10-15 can't wait

Enclave? Some people are going to be pissed.

Christ, I think I blew my load a few times. Goddamn, that was BEAUTIFUL!

Now to wait patiently until November 10. So stoked that it's a 2015 release.

• Like 3
Tacymist

Getting it just so I can start my own village.

• Like 2
-Maverick-

I'm am so going to buy the CE for that awesome Pip-Boy.

Also

NMeEpvj.jpg

MOTHERf*ckING JET PACKS

• Like 5

I genuinely didn't expect the graphics to be that amazing, but WOW. The addition of some actual color was really nice, as well. And holy hell, your character actually talks for once.

I haven't been this excited for a game in awhile. ..So who's in my boat and doesn't have a PS4 or Xbox One yet? :D

• Like 3
Moth

I got a PC, why do I need old hardware?

But yeah, the game looks great. Anyone have a time machine?

• Like 1
-Maverick-

I can't believe you can ride Vertibirds and make your own home. This is going to be great.

• Like 2
make total destroy

tfw everyone is excited but it will genuinely suck