Fallout 4

Ciarán

D9fred95

Has Downtown Boston been fixed yet? Last time I played it would consistently crash there, and it seems to have been a widespread issue. Something to do with the Creation club breaking up environmental objects there and the game not having enough memory to load them or something. I assume with the influx of people playing as a result of the show that Bethesda might've fixed it, but then again it's Bethesda so...

smokeless6

Downtown Boston has never given me trouble, so I doubt anything has been 'fixed' in this regard, and if you still have the same setup I reckon you'll have the same trouble. But worth a punt.

Players with fast, modern video cards need to disable the setting 'weapon debris', which does cause crashes. Maybe that's your fix

Lock n' Stock

Never got into Fallout 4 as much as I did 3 or New Vegas. Too much about it felt railroaded and watered-down. I never even finished the story.

That said, I think with the new update on the horizon and the TV show becoming a hit, I’m enthusiastic to give it another chance…

Edited by Lock n' Stock

smokeless6

Yeah go for it. FO4 is a great game. As much as I revere FNV and the other titles, I think FO4 is the best game in the series.

I started on vanilla and liked it fine, but by about level 30 I was already starting to feel OP, and sort of sleepwalking through the game. Felt invincible and I still had most of the game ahead of me. Thinking back to New Vegas and how much I liked hardcore mode, I started FO4 over in survival mode. This completely transformed my experience and I went on to drop several hundred hours in to it. One of the best things about FO4 is the design decision to have no level cap. This keeps me engaged endlessly.

There has been a massive influx of players to all of the Fallout IP, 76 has seen a huge bounce, and when I looked the other day, FO4 had 150k players on. It's as good a time as any I reckon. Good hunting

• Like 1

From the little I've played of NV and the 200ish hours of FO4, you have to play them a little differently I think.

There's a lot of overlap of course, they are both Fallout games after all, but FO4 shines when you play it as an exporation game where you're hunting for resources and loot (for crafting, settlements, etc), it's exploration is really really good. Story wise, especially main story, it struggles a bit which isn't helped by the limited dialogue choices and the sh*tty dialogue wheel that gives tl;dr's of your responses. If you're on PC there are mods that change the dialogue wheel to a classic dialogue box with the full dialogue text and I strongly recommend that for anyone playing Fallout 4 on PC, even for first playthroughs.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

If you're on PC there are mods that change the dialogue wheel to a classic dialogue box with the full dialogue text and I strongly recommend that for anyone playing Fallout 4 on PC, even for first playthroughs.

I'll have to see if I can grab that one. Hopefully most modpacks include it, as I'm a little bit unsure when adding extra mods to an already massive pack due to conflicts and all that.

I know there's a mod that removes protag voices, but I'm not sure if that's something I'd like to go with on a first (ish) playthrough, either tbh.

The update seems to be out, as there wasn't anything from Bethesda's social media until a few minutes ago to say it was, lol.

I've got it downloaded, but I might just wait until the main mods, like F4SE, get sorted before I choose a modpack. I'd imagine things are messy at the moment on the modding side.

Yea it sounds like it's changed a fair bit so I'd expect the modding scene to be a bit of a mess for awhile.

I know Nexus have added a "Next gen compatible" tag which should help though.

Edit: also seems like the UW support is arse, lol. Stretched UI and potentially other issues. The 21:9 mod was discontinued in anticipation of this update, but I'm gonna guess it'll restarted once again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Failed Again
Posted (edited)

wrong fallout-see 76......

Edited by Failed Again
wrong forum