• chronic lumbago

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The prayers have been answered.

Pimp my Home Plate. WIP.          

"My in-game love life summed up in a handful of seconds..."  

On 2/6/2021 at 2:08 PM, LittleBlueTroll said:

Can someone tell me how the hell to fix this:

Not sure if this is the correct answer but this guy on Reddit had the same issue. 

Reddit

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Like 1

You can also get some weird artefacts like that from using ENB without turning off clashing values like AA in the game settings.

• Like 1
LittleBlueTroll
20 hours ago, Mister Pink said:

Not sure if this is the correct answer but this guy on Reddit had the same issue. 

Thankyou 🤙 Luckily, I haven't had it happen again since that post. If it returns, I will follow up on this.

Really enjoying this again. I never took to Fallout 4 anywhere near as much as Fallout 3, but this time around I'm loving it. 

I originally played it on release, and looking back I didn't give it the play time it deserved. I was with my girlfriend at the time so balancing seeing her, working and trying to dig in to Fallout 4 was a cramped schedule. Now I'm single and in lockdown, so I can explore and investigate everything 😆

Last time around I basically sped through the main quests and missed everything else. This time I'm about 25 hours in and only just rescued Nick Valentine. Add the DLC's to the mix which I never played, and I have something to keep me occupied after finishing Cyberpunk and abandoning TES Skyrim. 

Just a quick note to end on: Mirelurk Queen's are terrifying. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, LittleBlueTroll said:

Really enjoying this again. I never took to Fallout 4 anywhere near as much as Fallout 3, but this time around I'm loving it. 

I originally played it on release, and looking back I didn't give it the play time it deserved. I was with my girlfriend at the time so balancing seeing her, working and trying to dig in to Fallout 4 was a cramped schedule. Now I'm single and in lockdown, so I can explore and investigate everything 😆

Last time around I basically sped through the main quests and missed everything else. This time I'm about 25 hours in and only just rescued Nick Valentine. Add the DLC's to the mix which I never played, and I have something to keep me occupied after finishing Cyberpunk and abandoning TES Skyrim. 

Glad you got some resolution. 

It's good to revisit some games with a fresh head. I really enjoyed Fallout 4. Obviously, it's not without it's faults but I allowed by myself to really get stuck in. The settlement building is fun. Spent a few late nights just building my settlement at Sanctuary Hills. 

I bought the DLC in a sale about a year ago and still haven't played it yet. Kind of feeling a little nostalgic for Fallout 4. Now plays at 60fps now on Series X, so I might just install it again, just to play the DLC's. Nice little treat to play with decent framerate now. 

I love Nick Valentine. His whole character backstory is just that right kind of Fallout-world bizarreness. He makes for a good companion. 

• Like 1
LittleBlueTroll

Still trucking along nicely. 

I took the time to watch a few videos on terminal hacking, something I never truly understood in any Fallout game. I used to bash away, log out, rinse and repeat until I finally hit the right password, if ever. It's not always a fast process but I definitely have the basics down, and I've cracked more terminals in this than 3/NV combined. 

One thing that does irritate me (along with probably everyone else) Is the Preston Garvey quests. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the logic behind it, essentially sending you all over the map to start discovering different locations, but the in game writing behind it is so lazy. I actually had a settler tell me there was a group of raiders "just around the corner" giving them grief. They were about 3/4 of the way across the map, on the way there I found a super mutant settlement, 2 more raider camps and a little town overrun with ghouls. Surely they should be the immediate concerns? Also, do these raiders just walk by all them common enemies to hit this settlement? It's a bit nit picky I guess, but it does break immersion a bit when they ignore super mutants that are literally just around the corner, and worry about raiders so far away they shouldn't even make it across the commonwealth. 

I also learned a valuable lesson about saving regularly when I tried to swim in power armor 😵

Deathclaws are still terrifying, however I do miss these guys from Fallout 3:

Centaur.png

God damn they were/are some creepy bastards. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, LittleBlueTroll said:

One thing that does irritate me (along with probably everyone else) Is the Preston Garvey quests. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the logic behind it, essentially sending you all over the map to start discovering different locations, but the in game writing behind it is so lazy. I actually had a settler tell me there was a group of raiders "just around the corner" giving them grief. They were about 3/4 of the way across the map, on the way there I found a super mutant settlement, 2 more raider camps and a little town overrun with ghouls. Surely they should be the immediate concerns? Also, do these raiders just walk by all them common enemies to hit this settlement? It's a bit nit picky I guess, but it does break immersion a bit when they ignore super mutants that are literally just around the corner, and worry about raiders so far away they shouldn't even make it across the commonwealth. 

So there are actually two quest types given by Preston- some of his quests are scripted, and those tend to be a bit more sane in terms of the distance from settlement to objective. Then after you've completed a set number of those he defaults to giving out radiant quests instead which are basically randomised. But because Bethesda are lazy, the reused the same voice acting for them both. 

• Like 1
LittleBlueTroll
23 hours ago, sivispacem said:

So there are actually two quest types given by Preston- some of his quests are scripted, and those tend to be a bit more sane in terms of the distance from settlement to objective. Then after you've completed a set number of those he defaults to giving out radiant quests instead which are basically randomised. But because Bethesda are lazy, the reused the same voice acting for them both. 

I see I see. Okay that makes sense then, as I have finished the "main" settlement quests as the achievement unlocked. I guess these are the ones reusing the same dialogue. 

• 4 weeks later...

I love Many A True Nerd's videos. I think like him, seeing the positives and intricacies of functions and features in games, particularly Fallout 3 and 4. Some people will only focus on negative. He also points out a lot of things I didn't really know. If you were a fan of these games anyway, these videos will really re-enforce that and then some. If you weren't a fan, it might give you a more forgiving attitude towards the games. 

I haven't watched all of both videos but he makes very compelling arguments. Even shows evidence in the Fallout 3 video that contradicts the NV vs Fallout 3 common arguments about perceived flaws of Fallout 3, namely choices. 

No, not really.

Fallout 4 was an immense disappointment and overall a very average game (and one of the worst Fallout). Fallout 3 brought some good ideas to the series, but the story was subpar and the world building wasn't great at all.

a Chuck Kojima post.

Edited by Chuck