1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Ciaran

Fallout 4

Mokrie Dela
On 10/15/2018 at 8:39 AM, Mokrie Dela said:

maxresdefault.jpg

After the last occurrence of our friend 0kb, which occurred after I was settlement building and resource cloning (don't judge me), I reloaded and built again, this time quiting workshop node every five mins or so and manually saving (autosave is off and I've abandoned survival mode following sivispacm's advice). So far so good. The error had happened after ditching survival mode and thus the survival saving mod, so I do t think it was exclusively that. My current theory is 2 fold.

I think I'm leaving it too long between saving and doing too much in the interim. Thus the game is failing to save all the changes I've done. The cause of that is still beyond me but I at least have a theory. 

I believe it's being caused or exasperated by mods. Maybe I have too many installed (tried trimming the fat but I can't ditch any because I want them all haha) or maybe it's mods like USO which is simply providing too much data for the game to save correctly, thus causing the error or making it more likely. My previous play through (very heavy settlement building but with no mods, very long sessions, some with a while between saves and overwriting/auto/quicksaving a lot) was very bug free. So I'm sure it's mod related. 

My theory simply is too much data to save in one go, the game can't store it so assumes I'm out of space, triggering the "free up space" prompt but as I DO have space, I need to free up 0kb. 

Well see going forward how this pans out. Going to build a simple settlement as a home base for my asshole character (I know) then just wander and do random stuff, leaving most quests for a week or two to see if the game is playable. That way should I need to start from scratch, I won't lose too much progress. 

The error had put me on edge with me saving more frequently, more worried about the error (which wastes more time) and is really breaking my immersion. Hopefully my theory is correct and I can just play the damned game.

So i got the error again. And every time it's been after settlement building. I think it's a mod causing it. If I spend too long in workshop it happens. Ram problem? Maybe USO? 

Ok let's not DP again: I'm beginning to wish I was on pc. Really want the basement living mod so I could build a tiny* bunker in my settlements**.

*single room, like the root cellar or even better the pipe-bunker on the west of the map

** I have a mod that makes radstorms absolutely lethal. And yet my settlement offers no protection at all!

Craigsters

There is a new mod uploaded to nexusmod site in the last week or so from the mod author of MCM, and crafting Highlight fix that loads the settlement workbench almost instantly and it is the number one mod of the month too at nexus site, it makes building enjoyable again many have commented.   

here's the mod link Faster Workshop (Workshop Lag Fix)

Edited by Craigsters

OurJud

PS4 (not Pro)

I wonder if someone more knowledgable than myself would take a look at my small load order and tell me where I might be going wrong. There used to be a simple-to-understand thread on the Bethesda forums, but that's been replaced by overwhelming google docs, which to be perfectly honest might as well be written in Russian for all I understand them.

The problems seem to have started with the last couple of mods I installed 1st Person Animation Tweaks (which provides a lowered weapon animation) and Wacky Weapon Workshop (base game). The issues seem to be audio related. When I fire my gun or reload, there's no sound. But then when I loot a body or open my pip-boy, the sounds trigger. I can fire my gun (no sound) then run around for half an hour, open my pip-boy and BANG, I get the gun fire sound.

Load order is:

Weather Redux Lite (darker nights only)

Reusable Camping

No Cash Registry XP Sounds

Plenty 'O' Exploration

Pip-Boy Flash Light (brighter)

Interiors Redux

1st Person Animation Tweaks (now disabled, though problems persist)

Immersive Fallout Movement

Wacky Weapons Workshop

Thanks in advance.

Mokrie Dela

Try disabling any mod that edits sound. Perhaps the cash registry one. Test it out. re enable. And make sure you update the mods; they don't auto update.

Maybe there's a incompatibility? Maybe try moving the cash registry one all the way down. 

With modding there's a LOT of trial and error. My load out is 90 odd mods. And aside from some frame rate issues in Boston itself (That's overgrowth and/Or simple seasons), I have the 0kb error which only seems to happen after workshop mode for more than a min or two. So I just leave it. No way am I trailing and erroring 90 odd mods haha 

Craigsters

h5Dfj4K.png

The above is free to get for the next week or so  with creation club and has 25 nice t-shirts  in it now, it's usually over 500 credits or more 

Edited by Craigsters

Neon_Dreaming

So I've been playing 4, currently at level 10, it's a good game overall, I enjoy the weapon customization and the combat is fluid which I like. Power Armour feels a bit like being Iron Man, it's a big improvment from previous titles.

The main story is a bit meh overall, I prefer the more undeveloped flesh them out yourself kind of character anyway, Nick valentine is cool though.

The simplified dialogue is a turn off but I can overlook it. Playing RDR2 at the moment so will get back to it later.

luisniko
21 hours ago, Craigsters said:

The above is free to get for the next week or so  with creation club and has 25 nice t-shirts  in it now, it's usually over 500 credits or more 

*reinstalls Fallout 4...

What kind of pants though? I hope it's the rather rare in fashion like shorts and whatnot.

Craigsters
16 minutes ago, luisniko said:

*reinstalls Fallout 4...

What kind of pants though? I hope it's the rather rare in fashion like shorts and whatnot.

all long pants, the boots are somewhat fugly they'll  

owe there a patches and fixes for custom body types and workbench mods

Armorsmith Extended New Vanilla Keywords Patch for the Creation Club Skins

Graphic T-Shirt Pack - Creation Club - Bodyslide

Edited by Craigsters

luisniko
1 hour ago, Craigsters said:

all long pants, the boots are somewhat fugly they'll  

owe there a patches and fixes for custom body types and workbench mods

Armorsmith Extended New Vanilla Keywords Patch for the Creation Club Skins

Graphic T-Shirt Pack - Creation Club - Bodyslide

Lol. And I thought it was a tank top....

Thanks btw.

Craigsters

9MdMNUf.jpg

Graphic T-shirts with Leg Armor

A mod was uploaded to the nexus today  that adds armor to the creation club  graphic t-shirt pants 

D9fred95

Dunno if it's server issues due to the release of Fallout 76, but none of the free Creation Club stuff installs for me. It says I own them but if I try to install them it says the operation can't be completed. Some say the issue can be resolved by unlinking and relinking my account from the Bethesda site but I'm not going to bother if it's just a server issue.

Craigsters

2ngVExI.jpg

xppBnsr.jpg

BSgao8E.jpg

x5CCFaX.jpg

3kQEVSu.jpg

Creation Club Sneak Peek - Fallout 4 upcoming content

Here's what to expect over the holidays from Bethesda for Creation Club, not all new armor and weapon skins pictured above, visit link above to see more

Edited by Craigsters

D9fred95

The Zeta Disintegrator looks rather bulky compared to Fallout 3's more sleek, silver design.

Craigsters
35 minutes ago, D9fred95 said:

The Zeta Disintegrator looks rather bulky compared to Fallout 3's more sleek, silver design.

I'm wonder if it's a port of the model or a whole new model completely myself

D9fred95

Maybe it's a port, but it looks quite different. 3dae2932-aa42-4f93-8ec2-06189b99d348.png

main-qimg-e50a663d2be98456867fd51edb1fb138-c

It's possible they used the Fallout 3 version as a base and designed the weapon around that. Though it's a bit difficult to tell exactly what the base version is since it appears to have several mods attached so I guess we'll have to see.

Edited by D9fred95

Craigsters

I wonder if there going to make a alien spaceship with a quest for the new zeta weapons from for creation club new zeta weapons?"