4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Garju67

[WIP] GTA III RAGE Classic

Garju67

gtaflogo.png

infodwc.png

GTA III RAGE Classic is a modification that will bring you back in good old 2001's Liberty City into the advanced new engine, RAGE.
The first public release is now out, you can download it in the DOWNLOAD section below. The next release is already in development, you can found some informations, screenshots and more about it in the NEWS section below.

screenszv.png

3rc_june301_zpsa22b96bb.png

3rc_june302_zpsb1099f5f.png

trailersj.png

Release 1

Release 2

creditsvw.png

Release 2 Team

• Garju67 - Mod leader, Map converter, QA, etc...
• Sleepy93HUN - Vehicles converter

Special Thanks

• Blaster_nl
• GTARandom
• Frank.s
• Flitskikker
• terreur69
• herons2s2
• zzcool
• sjaak327
• dingleman
• rmws.
• T777
• fidox
• Ash_735
• listener
• HazardX
• robi29
• Alber2gt
• Rockstar Games
• Rockstar North
• RAGE Technology Group
• And all others who i have forgotten to mention for their participation and support.

downloadqchxu.png

Public Release #1
modbmir.png

megamir.jpg Edited by Garju67

IvoryX

This mod interested me way more than IV:SA or VCR, keep up the good work! smile.gif By the way, are missions possible? (I don't know nothing about modding GTAIV/EFLC...)

L24
This mod interested me way more than IV:SA or VCR, keep up the good work! smile.gif By the way, are missions possible? (I don't know nothing about modding GTAIV/EFLC...)

I think that remade original GTAIII storyline missions is impossible to do but rampages, races are reachable, I'm right? smile.gif

nkjellman

Maybe not with fancy cut scenes, but the first mission shouldn't be too hard.

Squirlkiller

Without fancy cutscenes, they would be like SA's DYOM missions, which aren't as fun if they are silent with subtitles and preset animations. If there was a way to make an audio file play at a given time (there is a way but I mean if sco modders have found it yet) the first mission wouldn't look to mediocre.

Garju67

Missions are possible. First mission was planned for Beta 1 but Frank.s quit and we don't have any SCO Coder atm. (btw, team is very small).

universetwisters
Missions are possible. First mission was planned for Beta 1 but Frank.s quit and we don't have any SCO Coder atm. (btw, team is very small).

Speaking of missions, what do you have planned for cutscenes? Will you import them from III or just use pre-existing ones from IV?

Garju67

Speaking of missions, what do you have planned for cutscenes? Will you import them from III or just use pre-existing ones from IV?

As i said, there won't be missions. We don't have coders in our team.

Squirlkiller

Seek help from X360 and PS3 coders. Or learn

Garju67
Seek help from X360 and PS3 coders. Or learn

Ye i should learn. But i'm afraid it won't be easy. Gonna try someday though.

yurban

Missions and cutscenes are possible. Its real to do interesting missions with custom audio (replaced, waiting for Flit public audio tool) and standart anims, but cutscenes will be useless thing.

Also, I hope IVSA developers will give us (mean in common, not just for this mod) some info about multiplayer adaptation, will be very useful, because nobody wants to spend hours on singleplayer (i think).

Edited by yurban

Frank.s

Here's how you can port the cutscenes from GTAIII to IIIRageClassic. icon14.gif

First you record a HD video of III's actual cutscene, convert it using RAD tools, then play the video in IIIRageClassic by hi-jacking the tv .bik file playback system using Sco. smile.gif (this works, i've tried and tested it)

Garju, i encourage you to learn how to script for IV, it would open up so many opportunities.

Also, I hope IVSA developers will give us (mean in common, not just for this mod) some info about multiplayer adaptation, will be very useful, because nobody wants to spend hours on singleplayer (i think).
Three things allow MP to work: 1) xliveprotections remover asi + dsound.dll, 2) manhat ide's + IV props map files, 3) Edited original sco scripts and removed first "roman1" mission to allow the phone to be accessed at the start of the game.

I was able to add MP to Our Ugly World (alpha test) using these methods. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Also i agree that empty single player is boring, that's why OUW will have a storyline/missions too.

Edited by Frank.s

noelgamo

hey garju you should put on the 1st post that your using SA:LC considering this was the problem with the other topic.. also credits for OnePiece because I can see his HD gta 3 cars on the videos that are posted.(if they are included in the mod)

It looks great so far dude.

on the side note:

just learn how to cope with criticism better instead of getting mad quickly. answer nicely if they dont want to play nice then ignore them. simple as that biggrin.gif but like I said great job so far. really looking forward to this

Edited by noelgamo

Ash_735

What version Radio Stations are you going to use in this mod, because you wouldn't want to bloat the download size.

Garju67

@noelgamo : Thank you very much man. About OP, HD cars aren't included in mod, only zzcool used them for previous gameplay. Now we use Xbox cars (look last gameplay). For SA:LC, i entered it, look at Thank's List, near dingleman.

@Ash : For now i didn't edited. It's the same than demo. But could you explain exactly what is the problem with radios ? Size ? I'm confused ... biggrin.gif

@Frank : Thank you man. Didn't really understand though. If i do that, cutscenes will be III ones ? I mean just a video, not a real cuutscene using RAGE right ? Or, if you can, simply go to msn, that will be better ^^

Ash_735
@Ash : For now i didn't edited. It's the same than demo. But could you explain exactly what is the problem with radios ? Size ? I'm confused ... biggrin.gif

The ones in the Demo have been converted down to MP3 80kbos and forced frequency changed to 44.1Khz, which degrades quality. If you want to save space then you might as well use the 10th Anniversary Radio (96kbps MP3 32Khz) or better yet, the Xbox Radio (128kbps WMA 44.1Khz), that way you don't have to convert anything at all, you do not need to mess with the files, you can use the ones provided by Rockstar in their better quality without too much of an impact on size and both work with the current plug in just fine.

Squirlkiller

Since it'll just be a video in .bik format (IV's video format), its only going to be RW cutscenes, not rage cutscenes.

Garju67

GTA III Rage Classic Beta Testing Phase Open Today !

user posted image

user posted image

All i have to say is, enjoy to the the (current) three beta testers ! wink.gif

Check your PM box sometimes, maybe you'll receive an invitation too smile.gif

E-mail Confirmation

-----------------------

MegaMario1500 : Ok.

Wass : Ok.

sibs44 : No e-mail received yet.

I don't know when it will exactly start but should be in 1-2 hours. biggrin.gif

The ones in the Demo have been converted down to MP3 80kbos and forced frequency changed to 44.1Khz, which degrades quality. If you want to save space then you might as well use the 10th Anniversary Radio (96kbps MP3 32Khz) or better yet, the Xbox Radio (128kbps WMA 44.1Khz), that way you don't have to convert anything at all, you do not need to mess with the files, you can use the ones provided by Rockstar in their better quality without too much of an impact on size and both work with the current plug in just fine.

Ok thx. Just checked but, Xbox format is wma. wma isn't readable by the script. Also, strangely, in audio folder (Xbox version) there is only few radio stations. Some radios are missing confused.gif

Edited by Garju67

Flitskikker

Since it'll just be a video in .bik format (IV's video format), its only going to be RW cutscenes, not rage cutscenes.

Using the original sources from III, someone with a lot of spare time can recreate it using SCO, which I did for the demo.

However, the coords are off and not all natives are the same.

Here's a snippet from the original source for the first mission, which spawns the fires and cop cars:

ADD_PARTICLE_EFFECT 4 791.661 -936.916 38.313 FALSE //SMOKE ON CARSADD_PARTICLE_EFFECT 4 788.337 -938.467 38.073 FALSEADD_PARTICLE_EFFECT 4 786.493 -942.398 39.8   FALSEADD_PARTICLE_EFFECT 10 783.572 -938.549 38.448 FALSE //FIRE ON CARSADD_PARTICLE_EFFECT 10 790.537 -935.67  38.005 FALSEADD_PARTICLE_EFFECT 10 789.295 -938.882 38.127 FALSEREMOVE_SOUND fire_sound_8ballADD_CONTINUOUS_SOUND 790.537 -935.67  38.005 SOUND_PRETEND_FIRE_LOOP fire_sound_8ball(...)// creates two cops cars that drive onto the bridgeCREATE_CAR car_police 1083.2 -945.0 13.8 cop_car1_8ballCREATE_CHAR_INSIDE_CAR cop_car1_8ball PEDTYPE_CIVMALE PED_COP cop1_8ballCLEAR_CHAR_THREAT_SEARCH cop1_8ballSET_CAR_HEADING cop_car1_8ball 90.0SWITCH_CAR_SIREN cop_car1_8ball ONSET_CAR_DRIVING_STYLE cop_car1_8ball 2SET_CAR_CRUISE_SPEED  cop_car1_8ball 20.0CAR_GOTO_COORDINATES cop_car1_8ball 713.9 -916.7 42.0CREATE_CAR car_police 1074.1 -946.7 13.8 cop_car2_8ballCREATE_CHAR_INSIDE_CAR cop_car2_8ball PEDTYPE_CIVMALE PED_COP cop2_8ballCLEAR_CHAR_THREAT_SEARCH cop2_8ballSET_CAR_HEADING cop_car2_8ball 90.0SWITCH_CAR_SIREN cop_car2_8ball ONSET_CAR_DRIVING_STYLE cop_car2_8ball 2SET_CAR_CRUISE_SPEED cop_car2_8ball 20.0CAR_GOTO_COORDINATES cop_car2_8ball 718.7 -922.2 42.0

Here's the IV SCO that I've made based on it:

// Add fire soundCallNative GET_SOUND_ID 0 1PushF 455,537  PushF 935,67NegFPushF 39,005CallNative PLAY_FIRE_SOUND_FROM_POSITION 4 0// Add fire and smokePushString "fire_plume_large"PushF 448,572PushF 938,549NegFPushF 38,448PushF 0PushF 0PushF 0PushF 0,4CallNative START_PTFX 8 1PushString "fire_plume_large"PushF 455,537PushF 935,67NegFPushF 38,005PushF 0PushF 0PushF 0PushF 0,4CallNative START_PTFX 8 1PushString "fire_plume_large"PushF 454,295PushF 938,882NegFPushF 38,127PushF 0PushF 0PushF 0PushF 0,4CallNative START_PTFX 8 1// Request Cop CarPush 0x79FBB0C5CallNative REQUEST_MODEL 1 0Jump @Car2:Car2// Check if Cop Car loadedPushS 0CallNative WAIT 1 0Push 0x79FBB0C5CallNative HAS_MODEL_LOADED 1 1JumpFalse @Car2Jump @ContCode4:ContCode4// Spawn Cop CarPush 0x79FBB0C5//PushF 748,2//PushF 945,0//NegF//PushF 14,8PushF 700,93PushF 915,97NegFPushF 14,8Var3PushD 1CallNative CREATE_CAR 6 0// Create ped in Cop CarVar3RefGetPushD 3Push 0xF5148AB2Var4CallNative CREATE_CHAR_INSIDE_CAR 4 0// Set Cop Car headingVar3RefGetPushF 90CallNative SET_CAR_HEADING 2 0// Set Cop Car siren ONVar3RefGetPushD 1CallNative SWITCH_CAR_SIREN 2 0//Jump @SkipCar2// Make Cop Car driveVar4RefGetVar3RefGetPushF 378,9PushF 918,7NegFPushF 41,5PushF 20PushD 1PushD 0PushD 3PushD 2Push 0xAFC8CallNative TASK_CAR_DRIVE_TO_COORD 11 0//Jump @SkipCar2// Spawn Cop Car 2Push 0x79FBB0C5//PushF 739,1//PushF 946,7//NegF//PushF 14,8PushF 718,93PushF 915,97NegFPushF 14,8Var5PushD 1CallNative CREATE_CAR 6 0// Create ped 2 in Cop Car 2Var5RefGetPushD 3Push 0xF5148AB2Var6CallNative CREATE_CHAR_INSIDE_CAR 4 0// Set Cop Car 2 headingVar5RefGetPushF 90CallNative SET_CAR_HEADING 2 0// Set Cop Car 2 siren ONVar5RefGetPushD 1CallNative SWITCH_CAR_SIREN 2 0// Make Cop Car 2 driveVar6RefGetVar5RefGetPushF 383,9PushF 922,2NegFPushF 42,0PushF 20PushD 1PushD 0PushD 3PushD 2Push 0xAFC8CallNative TASK_CAR_DRIVE_TO_COORD 11 0

I've used SCO ToolBox, but one can use SCOCL too, of course.

Edited by flitskikker

Sebianoti

Closed beta? awww

Garju67
Closed beta? awww

Yes, closed, like all RAGE mods.

Sebianoti
Closed beta? awww

Well what can i say... hope your beta testers help improve the mod and maybe do some vids and pics like i do for Clockwork Mount.

Garju67
Closed beta? awww

Well what can i say... hope your beta testers help improve the mod and maybe do some vids and pics like i do for Clockwork Mount.

Yep i hope so. I allowed pics and vids, so i guess some people will post them.

Ash_735

Ok thx. Just checked but, Xbox format is wma. wma isn't readable by the script. Also, strangely, in audio folder (Xbox version) there is only few radio stations. Some radios are missing confused.gif

WMA isn't compatible anymore? Odd, in which case go for the 10th Anniversary ones. As for the missing files, I can only assume you got a cut down version, they're all here on the files I have. tounge.gif If you need them I'll send them over PM.

Frank.s

Using the original sources from III, someone with a lot of spare time can recreate it using SCO, which I did for the demo.

Certainly, however the problem doesn't lie with the mission scripting, the problem is with the IV animations. That's why i suggested simply playing a recording of III's cutscenes.

Re-creating the mission gameplay using sco like you said would work fine and look+play as well as GTAIII does and i support doing that. However re-creating the cutscenes by playing IV's original animations instead of III's cutscene animations would look so different from the original game that it would spoil it imho.

Edited by Frank.s

Sebianoti

Certainly, however the problem doesn't lie with the mission scripting, the problem is with the IV animations. That's why i suggested simply playing a recording of III's cutscenes.

Re-creating the mission gameplay using sco like you said would work fine and look+play as well as GTAIII does. However re-creating the cutscenes by playing IV's original animations instead of III's cutscene animations would look so different from the original game that it would spoil it imho.

But would be worth a shot recreating the first cut-scene after the car explodes on the bridge, not much in terms of movement there

Flitskikker

Agree with Frank on the animations. Without the proper ones, it's just not the real deal.

The first mission with the cut scene and the objective to drive to your home is recreatable by using the III script as directive.

Squirlkiller

Yes but what IF you use IVs mission animations? Like when they go to rob the bank theyre holding guns, maybe you could find a way to use part of the animation. Or at least script the cars driving and do a simple "person throws bomb" and it fades to black or white and 8balls voice is cued

Sebianoti

I was thinking, maybe you could add those fake boats from central park to this little lake?

http://i.imgur.com/6Y4Pf.jpg also in the park (won't upload that pic but it's in the bugs folder)

Thought i would record a vid of the construction lift

Edited by Sebianoti

Garju67

Nice video, also, i lol'd at the like/dislike xD

About boats, idk, i will see.

Btw, i recommand you to reduce brightness. It look strange. moto_whistle.gif