• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dutchy3010

DYOM Contest #6

Dutchy3010

Design Your Own Mission - Contest #6

Another DYOM contest! This contest is especially to test your creativity! Some people say that the best missions contain many many objectives. I don't agree. It's way easier to create a great mission with lots of objectives than to create a mission with only a few. So the theme of this contest:

Create a mission with a maximum of 3 objectives: two objectives for cutscenes and one objective for the gameplay.

Remember: I didn't say anything about the numer of non-objective actors, non-objective vehicles, non-objective pickups, non-objective objects... Be creative!

Of course the winner will get a place in the wall of fame. In my opinion, this is the most impressive contest until now. If you win this competition, I really think you are one of the best, perhaps THE best, mission designers of the DYOM community.

DEADLINE: 14 september 2012, 00.00 GMT.

Good luck!!

Jisseikatsu

Competitive contest this time it seems. Nice to see something new: I'll give it a shot for sure. wink.gif

Still, I don't believe there is a "THE best" designer, but there are "the best" designers in many categories/themes/etc. tounge.gif

Edited by Secronom President

Shahonix

Joining ! icon14.gif

Dutchy3010
Still, I don't believe there is a "THE best" designer, but there are "the best" designers in many categories/themes/etc. tounge.gif

Definitely, but I think that this contest tests the two most important skills for a mission designer: knowledge of DYOM and creativity. smile.gif

DestaliusDark

This might be a stupid question; But you mean, 2 objectives for cutscenes, are like, 2 cutscene shots? And 1 objective is like the big main objective?(Like Kill Greg. But we cant add Get the car,go to Los santos kill GreG,)

caio3771

Good idea, maybe I'll join this.

I got a question, can I make more than 1 mission for this contest?

PatrickW
This might be a stupid question; But you mean, 2 objectives for cutscenes, are like, 2 cutscene shots? And 1 objective is like the big main objective?(Like Kill Greg. But we cant add Get the car,go to Los santos kill GreG,)

Exactly...

@caio3771: Every designer can submit one mission for the contest.

xGhostx

So I don't have to post anything, just submit a mission and I already join?

Man, this one is quite tough, lucky that I didn't used to create too many objectives. I guess 1 gameplay is enough, so I must be creative to win this contest right?

Lee.

Now THIS is challenging biggrin.gif

Dutchy3010
So I don't have to post anything, just submit a mission and I already join?

Man, this one is quite tough, lucky that I didn't used to create too many objectives. I guess 1 gameplay is enough, so I must be creative to win this contest right?

Yes and yes. When you enter a mission, you join this competition. I'm very very interested to see if you guys can make a great mission. I thought about this for a while, because I don't think many objectives is the way to make a great mission. Of course you can also make a large mission with many objectives AND creativity, then the mission is legendary. However, to play a mission like that takes lots of time. So now you have a mission with only 3 objectives, 1 main objective for the gameplay, and 2 cutscenes (because otherwise telling a story is very difficult). A great challenge if you ask me! smile.gif

Zizo008

So i'm kinda new to this,

do i simply have to post a link for my mission to join? or there's some kind of form i have to use?

Lee.

Nevermind this

Edited by lee_atsugai

Dutchy3010

This time you just have to upload your mission to the DYOM website and place it here. I recommend that you place the description of the mission here also, but it isn't necessary.

KaRzY6

Haven't been that active in DYOM for awhile. Can't remember the last time I sat down to make a mission. I might enter a mission if I think of any ideas. This seems to be the most interesting contest so far. This theme will test the best designers. wink.gif

xGhostx

So Dutchy, do we allow to make 2 missions? Because I got 2 ideas in my mind now and can't make it in only 1 mission.

caio3771

Alright, I finished my mission for this contest.

http://www.dyom.gtagames.nl/?act=show&id=20592

Description: In this mission, a criminal group wants to release a virus to infect the people, then the people become zombies.

You must steal the antidote and save the world of this big infection.

Hint: To find the location of the antidote, it's simple. Just search for enemies, they are in the way to the antidote.

Hope You like it.

Edited by caio3771

Zizo008

Cool! joining...

Edited by Zizo008

Zizo008

Mission name: Crack palace escape

Mission link: http://dyom.gtagames.nl/?act=show&id=20596

Description: The mission takes time in the middle of the mission "end of the line". You take the role of an anonymous mafia member fearing the death by the hands of CJ, so he tries to escape the place while battling Smoke's guards.

You can change the outcome of the game! As you can kill CJ! and even Tenpenny!

xGhostx

Ok look like we got a mission, but next time avoid double-posting, ok? Make use of the edit button. smile.gif

EDIT: BTW, Dutchy, why don't you make this topic in DYOM Mission forum, it might get more attention there. sigh.gif

Edited by xGhostx

ItsAllAboutGTA

Going to take part on thisicon14.gif

Nice_Shot

Use teleport?

Edited by Nice_Shot

codenametukaioo7

I am also joining sly.gifsly.gif

LFarmer

Delaying my mission for awhile, gonna join! biggrin.gif

Kratos2000

Interesting! am I suppoused to provide a reason for the gameplay objective? like if I do something extreme (killing, driving to things, destroying things, am I suppoused to provide a reason for these?)

KaRzY6
Interesting! am I suppoused to provide a reason for the gameplay objective? like if I do something extreme (killing, driving to things, destroying things, am I suppoused to provide a reason for these?)

I guess it's up to you..? Not to sure.

xGhostx

That's the challenge, man. To see how creative you are, how you make the mission, what's gonna be like, step out of your comfort zone, design the mission with only 3 objective. sigh.gif

At lease that's what I think. ^^

codenametukaioo7

here is my mission .plese anybody vote me.plz plz colgate.gifcolgate.gif plz

http://www.dyom.gtagames.nl/?act=show&id=20603

Description-you will play the role of Alex.And your main objective is to kill

harrison,who want to rule the world.police give you this job.

hint-follow the police bikes and you will find guard find there care fully and you will find harrison (big smoke).beware he had minigun .

Edited by codenametukaioo7