[TUT]Selective colorization

sorv

user posted image

Hay,Friends.I'm Sorv.This is my first tutorial.In this tutorial i will tell you how to use/make selective colorization for any pic you want to make effective.First of all this can be used in gimp or photoshop.I have gimp so i will tell you how to make selective colorization in gimp because i don't have PS but I think the methods used in this tutorial is same in PS.So let's start.I have made some example:-

user posted image

user posted image

by Nic_23

user posted image

Step 1:-

Choose any pic you want.Open it with gimp/PS.then select Layer>Duplicate Layer.Now the layer you have duplicated change it to B&W or invert color{your wish}.To make the pic B&W select Colors>Clorify>Select white color>OK.Now the layer become B&W.

Step 2:-

Make sure that you have selected the paint brush tool(user posted image and then Select Layer>Mask>Add Layer Mask.Then a messaage will appear.Select in the message box =White(full Opacity) and then click on Add button.

Step 3:-

This is the hardest part.I think everyone nows how to use paintbrush tool.Now paint the part of the pic the you wanted to be colorful.I suggest you to zoom and then paint.When you paint some parts of the pic you will see that the part you have painted will be without B&W color.

Step 4:-

After using painting the parts simply save the pic as JPG/JPEG.

Try this effective selective colorization.If you want more help You can PM me or post here.Make some pics yourself and post here.I will add them to the examples.

Some of my Tips:-

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

1.In step 1 You can choose any color[yourwish].

2.In coloring small parts of the pic change the size to small.

3.To invert your pic change the first step to Color>Invert next steps are same.

I'am making new tutorial that is "how to make simple headers[for beginner]" i will link here

Edited by sorv

John T Teller

Wow nice I'm going to try it now your not Iron man are you because SoCo is.

user posted image

your not Iron man are you because SoCo is.

I was using this signature because this is my first own signature I will change it later when i have time

Edited by sorv

kmlwin.1996
Hey Um what PS do you need to do this?

You can use CS3 or above to do this, or GIMP. icon14.gif

I was using this signature because this is my first own signature I will change it later when i have time

sorv just change it because soco is iron man, we need a list somewhere on here in a topic lol

these are taken...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Southern Comfort

Stepping in on my territory buddy. You best find time. tounge.gif

Me and Gunwrath have thought about branching off into the GFX Justice League and GFX Avengers, dibs on Batman if I were to ever do a Justice League just saiyan. We are getting so many Avengers and we are running out of Avengers slowly but surely so that might be a way to handle it.