Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,513 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
GrandTheftAutoGawler

Grand Theft Auto: Gawler (Adelaide based GTA Game)

GrandTheftAutoGawler

Hello my friends of the GTA community

I want to share with you the game I am developing in the Unreal Engine tittle "Grand Theft Auto: Town of Gawler"

The game will be set in 2013 South Australia in the town of Gawler. The game will feature a large section of South Australia that will be the largest and ambitious project created by myself. The game will be in total 14/16 square miles that will feature the real South Australian towns Nuriootpa, Tanunda, Rowland Flat, Lyndoch, Williams Town, Mt Crawford Forest, Gawler, Williston, Roseworthy, Wasleys, Munno Para, Davron Park, Smithfield, Adelaide and Glenelg. GTA: Town of Galwer will feature a day and night cycle with rain and snow with other weather events. Animals that very from Kangaroo’s to simple cats and dogs and finally realistic storyline that plays around current and fictional gangs, political issues and crime.

user posted imageuser posted image

VEHICLES: Grand Theft Auto: Town of Gawler will feature a far broader range of vehicles then ALL previous GTA Games. In total there are almost 100 usable and intractable vehicles. Including 45 cars/vans/trucks, 10 boats/jet skis, 3 horses, 15 helicotpers/ planes and similar such vehicles such as mining trucks and fork lifts etc.

RADIO STATIONS/MUSIC: Will feature a list of local Radio Stations, Rappers, Bands and DJ’s and to add a theme of comedy and enjoyable gameplay Hamish and Andy will feature in-between the commercial brakes. LISTED BELOW ARE THE RADIO STATIONS

user posted image

NOVA919

JJJ

SAFM

METALSA

BAROSSA RADIO

DISPLAY: The performance settings in Grand Theft Auto: Gawler are fully customisable however it should be noted that GTA: Gawler uses the Unreal Engine so the computers of the Unreal Tournament/ San Andreas generation should have no performance issues.

TARGETED RELEASE DATE: October 2012

TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Ag4nkkkEo

user posted image

NOTE: this is not a rockstar developed game and is a fan made project that does not interact with the story line of GTA nor does it use any rockstar assets such as textures, models or scripting. Only the three words Grand Theft Auto and some of the themes will be adapted to suet a South Australian based game. If any members of rockstar have an issue please contact me and the name of the game will be changed etc.

Edited by GrandTheftAutoGawler

Shiva.

Good job, man. But, this is Visual Arts Section. You should've opened this thread in Gaming Chat Section

Edited by shiva s

GrandTheftAutoGawler

Good job, man. But, this is Visual Arts Section. You should've opened this thread in Gaming Chat Section

thanks fixed now smile.gif what do you south aussies think?

Gtaghost22

I'm not australlian, but this sounds f*cking awesome.

When will you finish it?

Edit: Nvm, October 2012

Edited by Gtaghost22

gta_rulez

I've watched the trailer and it looks really professional! Great job and keep up the good work!

JBanton

Set in Australia eh?

If this were mainstream I'd be the first to buy icon14.gif

I hope you draw some attention with this bro icon14.gif

PowerKracker

Haha, GTA Australia! I had a dream just like that! But I guess this game won't involve kangaroos eating you if you stray too much to the outback.

Hodor Hodor

Looks good keep up the good work!

Chunk

Keep up the good work, mate.

GrandTheftAutoGawler

haha thanks guys :-) and for the comment about the roo's yes there are kangaroos and YES you can kill them but they dont kill you.. thinking about doing a few missions that take you to perth or melbourne :\ like liberty city mission in San Andreas

Here is a screenshot of one of the many towns in the 15ish sqaure mile map.. Nuriootpa in the Barossa Valley South Australia wink.gif

user posted image

hoping Rockstar games wont have an issue with me using the tittle for a fan based game in the unreal engine

nightwalker83

@ Gawler,

The bogans will be up in arms! lol.gif

GrandTheftAutoGawler

@ Gawler,

The bogans will be up in arms!  lol.gif

Lol can tell you've been there tounge.gif so far the map is bigger then San Andreas

Remix

This looks good man! I'm an Aussie myself, so I'll be sure to download this when you release it.

It might be beneficial if you drop the 'Grand Theft Auto' from the title if you're considering on accepting any forms of money, or are you just gonna dish it out for free?

GrandTheftAutoGawler
This looks good man! I'm an Aussie myself, so I'll be sure to download this when you release it.

It might be beneficial if you drop the 'Grand Theft Auto' from the title if you're considering on accepting any forms of money, or are you just gonna dish it out for free?

I wouldnt accept money unless rockstar said it was okay or wants to buy it them self... But for now its just a fan made experiment.. can one guy make a game larger, more graphiclly intense and move open world then GTA III, VC and SA in just 6 months wink.gif and might come out sooner mate

nightwalker83

Same here!

Neckbeard

I wouldnt accept money unless rockstar said it was okay or wants to buy it them self... But for now its just a fan made experiment.. can one guy make a game larger, more graphiclly intense and move open world then GTA III, VC and SA in just 6 months wink.gif and might come out sooner mate

Then you should take the "Grand Theft Auto" out because they WILL have a problem with it

GrandTheftAutoGawler

Then you should take the "Grand Theft Auto" out because they WILL have a problem with it

I've just sent an email if they do I'll have to change the tittle I'm hoping it will be fine smile.gif

Finn 7 five 11

I thought this was going to be really stupid and pathetic, but i watched the trailer and was pleasantly surprised, it was actually pretty good.

Loving the gillard artwork.

DP Man
@ Gawler,

The bogans will be up in arms! lol.gif

That ^

South Australian pride guys haha tounge.gif

anus

Yo man I'm not Australian, but for a one man project this is hella good.

Best of luck to ya. smile.gif

Dragonjack

Melbourne would have been better as location no joke. rolleyes.gif Nah this is actually really cool mate! great work. cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

nightwalker83
Melbourne would have been better as location no joke. rolleyes.gif Nah this is actually really cool mate! great work. cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

Maybe but he isn't from Melbourne.

GrandTheftAutoGawler

true but I was thinking about taking the missions interstate lol but for now I'll stick with the places I know haha

universetwisters

Reading this, I thought of "Housos" XD

1whitebuddah

really cool mate, but it could be a lot better if you came up with an original name for your game, then game developers might take you a bit more seriously, assuming you want a career in games developing.

gtamann123

Will this be free to download?

GrandTheftAutoGawler

yeah it will be free to download when its done wink.gif

could anyone help make a GTA style map if I post a birds eye image of the map

And no I'm a fire fighter no interest in game making just a hobby smile.gif

ccrogers15

October is the release, but it looks very very early beta. Are you releasing it in beta stage and developing while people test and give feedback?

GrandTheftAutoGawler

The beta will be tested through mates smile.gif and the full version will be released after it has been tested.

BullworthAcademy

Looks really good smile.gif