3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[WIP] IV: Our Ugly World

universetwisters

universetwisters

Thanks amigo, I'll probably try to parody this license plate, considering the fact that Carcer City is located in Liberty State, along Lake Erie

@nkjellman - Why would I use Illinois plates if Carcer City's in Liberty State? Is everybody on the road out-of-towners?

Well, I figured that if its mostly based on Chicago, you would use an Illinois one. However I forgot that Rockstar stated that Carcer City is in Liberty State.

universetwisters
Well, I figured that if its mostly based on Chicago, you would use an Illinois one. However I forgot that Rockstar stated that Carcer City is in Liberty State.

I'm guessing that Carcer's in Liberty State, given that they're described as being "close" to each other. And the whole city isn't based on Chicago, just part of it. Considering your logic, we would have to make a custom license plate based on the New York, Illinois, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Maryland plates!

I'm guessing that Carcer's in Liberty State, given that they're described as being "close" to each other. And the whole city isn't based on Chicago, just part of it. Considering your logic, we would have to make a custom license plate based on the New York, Illinois, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Maryland plates!

If you say so.

I will say though, IV didn't have a New Jersey License Plate for Alderny. Alderny is not part of Liberty State. Its in a different state from Algonquin, Bohan, Broker, and Dukes.

@coat - Don't worry, amigo, there's already an ambient station. It's called "aura fm" and one of their songs is on the soundtrack sampler for the beta

That's fine. Perhaps, instead of the Scottish female host for Aurua Fm, you can think of my Alan Monroe character- I could voice act him.

PM me if interested and we can start.

Edited by Coat.

spacer.png

universetwisters

If you say so.

I will say though, IV didn't have a New Jersey License Plate for Alderny. Alderny is not part of Liberty State. Its in a different state from Algonquin, Bohan, Broker, and Dukes.

Perhaps Rockstar didn't want to waste time on designing plates for Alderney, a seperate police dispatch for Alderney, seperate Police Cars for Alderney, etc.

@Coat. - I'll definently consider it! Add me on skype: "universetwisters", and I'll introduce you to the team.

And kinda on/off topic, I saw signs like these all over the place at work, so I thought about sharing them with you: guess who's running for congress? XD

user posted image

RoadRunner71

Well, I guess Carcer City will be a city with many bridges, so how about a plate that includes in the back of the numbers, or in the bellow part, the silhouette of Carcer skyline, with the skyscrapers, and one of two a bridges, each one to one side, with the skyscraper between them -sorry for the bad description, my English level sometimes makes things difficult, if you want I could try making a drawing;)

For the rest of the plate, I think something like Michigan or NY plate would be nice, maybe Michigan better for variating from LC plates.

Edited by RoadRunner71

universetwisters
Well, I guess Carcer City will be a city with many bridges, so how about a plate that includes in the back of the numbers, or in the bellow part, the silhouette of Carcer skyline, with the skyscrapers, and one of two a bridges, each one to one side, with the skyscraper between them -sorry for the bad description, my English level sometimes makes things difficult, if you want I could try making a drawing;)

For the rest of the plate, I think something like Michigan or NY plate would be nice, maybe Michigan better for variating from LC plates.

No problem amigo, we're just using the Liberty State plates

Guys I've just realised the last time I used MAX I had a PC, is there anything I can get for modelling that'll run under OSX? I noticed AutoCAD does but I've never used it and don't want to waste my time if it can't export to .MAX or .3DS.

Thanks!

universetwisters
Guys I've just realised the last time I used MAX I had a PC, is there anything I can get for modelling that'll run under OSX? I noticed AutoCAD does but I've never used it and don't want to waste my time if it can't export to .MAX or .3DS.

Thanks!

Here's a list of all the mac-compatible autodesk products. I'm sure you can pirate yourself some, given nobody has $5,000 lol.gif

It's looking good guys. Stuff like changing taxi decals is simple, but adds so much to making the city feel right. the main character looks to be coming along nicely, can't wait to see more.

universetwisters
It's looking good guys. Stuff like changing taxi decals is simple, but adds so much to making the city feel right. the main character looks to be coming along nicely, can't wait to see more.

Right, taxis are a big part of many cities, and Carcer City shouldn't be an exception! Nice to hear you're happy with the taxi, and hopefully you'll be happy with our upcoming Kuruma taxi wink.gif

Update: Multiplayer!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Nice icon14.gif

It's IV:MP or GFWL ? Also, i think it need more details but it's still WIP, i know you guys will add them biggrin.gif

universetwisters
Nice icon14.gif

It's IV:MP or GFWL ? Also, i think it need more details but it's still WIP, i know you guys will add them biggrin.gif

GFWL, from what I could pick up tounge.gif . And it's definitely a WIP, but it'll come along wink.gif

Nice  icon14.gif

GFWL, from what I could pick up tounge.gif . And it's definitely a WIP, but it'll come along wink.gif

Oh, that even more better ! icon14.gif

Blaster helped you guys ? I hope he can do the same for 3RC. tounge.gif

universetwisters
Nice  icon14.gif

Oh, that even more better ! icon14.gif

Blaster helped you guys ? I hope he can do the same for 3RC. tounge.gif

He's helping, but he hasn't helped yet. We were just testing the terrain and seeing how good it was, but we'll see if he can help for the beta smile.gif

ShakingTheASS

Ya i am back on site and i am on team no fuzz about me being back it wasn't fair for ban.

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Looks good, but the terrain looks a little rough. It doesn't look natural in my oppinion.

But I guess you guys want my help with porting this to EFLC when you get further along?

Edited by nkjellman

ShakingTheASS
Looks good, but the terrain looks a little rough. It doesn't look natural in my oppinion.

We will work it out it's all Alpha you might see my modeling soon later on i am not done with my house that be used for player and such.

We will work it out it's all Alpha you might see my modeling soon later on i am not done with my house that be used for player and such.

Sounds great. I can tell there is a lot planned for this mod.

Edit: Just noticed you already have it on EFLC. lol. Later, maybe I can help organize it like IV:SA so its easy to keep it up to date.

universetwisters

Right there is, amigo. Amazing what you can accomplish in about a week with a team this good?

ShakingTheASS

Right there is, amigo. Amazing what you can accomplish in about a week with a team this good?

Yup we are working hard.

@nkjellman

Remember it's my Xbox 360 EFLC timecyc mod for IV.I told you that on facebook.

universetwisters

Yup we are working hard.

@nkjellman

Remember it's my Xbox 360 EFLC timecyc mod for IV.I told you that on facebook.

Damn straight, 100% custom content, none of this "converting" lol.gif

I know. Looks good for only a week.

Anyways because your basing this off of a few cities, I got an idea for the map. Three islands. They are each based off of a city. The downtown area is on each island for that city, but their next to each other so they connect to make one city. Which means the downtown has rivers running through it. One island looks like Chicago, one looks like Detroit, and I'm not sure what the third city is based off of. But I'd recommend trying to get the Chicago and Detroit parts on the edge of the map so they face out into the water. What do you think?

Edit: @ShakingTheAss: Ok. I didn't recognize TBoGT from the timecyc, I recognized it from the hud.

Edit: Are you guys using IV LC textures? Anyways, keep in mind that the land is very flat around the rust belt cities. Detroit, Chicago, ect all have very flat terrain.

Edited by nkjellman

ShakingTheASS

Anyways because your basing this off of a few cities, I got an idea for the map. Three islands. They are each based off of a city. The downtown area is on each island for that city, but their next to each other so they connect to make one city. Which means the downtown has rivers running through it. One island looks like Chicago, one looks like Detroit, and I'm not sure what the third city is based off of. But I'd recommend trying to get the Chicago and Detroit parts on the edge of the map so they face out into the water. What do you think?

Edit: @ShakingTheAss: Ok. I didn't recognize TBoGT from the timecyc, I recognized it from the hud.

It's my Max Payne 3 Conversion to IV aswell.

We have a plan already.

We gonna have textures at 1024 x 1024 and 2048 x 2048 all HD and good gameplay won't spoil it.

universetwisters

For the umpteenth time:

user posted image

Carcer Island is based on Chicago. Gatwick is based on the run down areas of Detroit and Baltimore.

universetwisters
Ok. I got it. Can't wait to see it later on down the road.

It'll look good, don't worry rolleyes.gif