MP3PLAYER Won't Work

Delmothos

So I bought this game recently in the Steam Summer Sales and loaded the mp3 folder full of songs from an 80s compilation disc I have (to fit the games theme), but the game doesn't play them. When I switch to MP3PLAYER, it just stays silent. I've tried shortening the MP3 names but that didn't work. I've googled this but haven't found any solutions that worked for me. Can anyone here tell me if they know how to fix the issue?

Hmm, let's see. Well, first make sure that it's an .mp3 file or it won't work. Besides, are you sure you've placed the file in the correct directory? Go to your main Vice City directory (the folder with all game files and the launcher) and look for a folder called "mp3" and open it. Now simply drag (or copy - paste / cut - paste) the MP3 file from location you have it in the mp3 folder from Vice City. That's all. Now go in the game, get in a vehicle (not police car / ambulance / etc) and scroll up the mouse wheel until you get to the channel "MP3 Player" and stop there. Better do it slower because once you got past it you can't go back, since the radio station switching can only be done one way.

In case you happen to not hear anything, or to hear very difficulty because of the noise from the game, go to the main menu, then Options and at Audio Setup you'll find 3 options of audio settings. Turn the Music Volume & MP3 Volume Boost louder and the SFX Volume lower.

Edited by miromiro

Dead (Retired)

I think miromiro is confused on that, it MUST be an .MP3 file OR it will not work...Use Shortcuts to the songs works best-from experience...

Also, Make sure the song files ARE NOT Protected media, as they will not work, since the game has no way of accessing the license files needed to play them..This means NO downloads from download stores, such as I-Tunes, Wal-Mart MP3 store, Amazon downloads, Napster, Rhapsody, etc. from BEFORE Feb. 2009, as that is when the Downloads stores started the switch over to the un-protected .MP3 formats...

Also, AFTER putting the songs in the MP3 folder in the Install directory, you have to go into the in-game options and stroll through the Radiostations until you get to the MP3 Player(it's after WZLB-Wave 103 on the dial)...to get the game to recognize the tracks..

For III AND VC, the game ONLY works with .MP3 files....

Chances are, IF you are adding music from a CD, chances are it is the wrong format, as when you RIP a CD to computer, it tends to put them in .wma format(WMP)/.AAC(I-Tunes and Rhapsody)(at least it does for me anyway)...

Also, though as common sense as it is, make sure the volume on the PC is up and NOT Muted...

NewportByChrysler
I think miromiro is confused on that, it MUST be an .MP3 file OR it will not work

I know, I was just astounded at that mistake.

I've used shortcuts that are linked to definite MP3 files. They're from a CD and aren't encrypted. Nothing happens. On San Andreas, where I've managed to get it working there is a feature to scan the tracks but there is no such feature on Vice City.

there is a feature to scan the tracks but there is no such feature on Vice City.

The way you get them to be recognized in VC, is to go into the in-game options and stroll through the radiostations in the pause menu until you get to the MP3 station(as I said above)-you must have missed that? confused.gif

Empty World

Check your music quality, it can't be 320 kb/s. Sadly Vice City can't play high quality songs.

• 9 years later...
Carl_Speed YT

I`m having the same issue. If i paste my mp3 files onto the mp3 folder. When i go in to the game and select audio setup. It doesn`t have that mp3 player radio station.

• 2 weeks later...
psxdriverplayer

Perhaps you guys need to go to the audio menu to scroll to MP3 PLAYER before starting and/or loading any game saves?

That's how I managed it (original disc copy on Windows XP). And the game plays 320kb/s MP3 files just fine. The manual details all other file formats it can also play, the station name is slightly misleading.

Edited by psxdriverplayer
Specifics

-We Japanese give life no importance. -Master
-Then why did you ask for help when you were drowning, eh? -Sonny

spacer.png

PlayStation™

Licensed by

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

SCEI™

Local man has a YouTube channel containing stuff