Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,150 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Ferocious Banger

'Like' button

Ferocious Banger

As an avid fan of these forums(and the main site),I would like to suggest a couple of features that might be beneficial to users.They are

1.A 'like button '

2.A better notification system-Possibly one can customize how the person wants to be notified.

What do the Admins think?

*MURDOC*

"Like" button is absolutely useless and will no doubt be abused, just like a similar system which used to be in place on this site.

If you want to show appreciation for a post, reply to it and actually add something to the conversation.

Vanzant

What's wrong with our notification feature? Have you checked under your e-mail settings under "my controls"? There's plenty of options to customize.

Ferocious Banger

There is nothing wrong with the current nofitifaction system.I just gave a suggestion that stated that We can customise the option where if somebody mentions(yes, mentioning a member in a way FB and twitter do will also be a cool feature)us,we can see just that post.Like when somebody quotes a reply by us,the notification system would notify just that unlike now when subscribed to a post,all the replies get notified.

Vanzant

For now, you'll have to deal with subscribing to topics to get notifications. Your ideas have been brought up before, but as far as I can remember it can't be done on our current forum software.

Diego Mustard

Wow, I don't think an idea like this would work on a forum like this. For example, some dude who can't handle an opinion may unlike it. Sometimes people will bitch over the "likes" an OP had, whether that guy does on the people that liked or the guy who got the likes. Not a lovely system on a forums with lots of people bitching over each other and not getting over it, like this...

Sorry, but it can't exist without having people seeing ultimate failures.

Also, I guess the notification system is good now.

GunWrath

This isn't facebook.

Battlefield forums use a Like system and it's abused.

Ferocious Banger

Okay,then what about the notification suggestion?

Miro

There is actually a way to find out if your name was mentioned or quoted. Go to the Search Engine, type in your name, then at Search Options select Search posts from... 30 days ago & at Result Type select Show results as posts. If I search for instance, Ferocious Banger, it'll give you these results, showing where your name was mentioned during the past month.

Hope this helps. icon14.gif

Chaise

The 'Like' button idea is a great idea in my opinion. Lots of forums have this feature like IGN for example and it would be a great addition, I don't think it would get abused like you guys said, it hasn't been abused on any forum I've been on except facebook.

So yeah, you guys should consider adding this.

Shiva.
The 'Like' button idea is a great idea in my opinion. Lots of forums have this feature like IGN for example and it would be a great addition, I don't think it would get abused like you guys said, it hasn't been abused on any forum I've been on except facebook.

So yeah, you guys should consider adding this.

Perhaps, it'll be a good idea. But, if there's gonna be one, people would just hit the like button of a post and move on. They would feel lazy to reply to a post and post their views. It'll surely be abused and misused.

Girish

As far as I'm aware, there's going to be some sort of 'Like' feature in V2 or V1.5, if possible. The current software is just too unstable to support such a system right now, so I guess you'll have to wait until the upgradation.

MIKON8ERISBACK

This is a public forum, not a crappy clone of Facebook like YouTube has become. Please don't let this website fall in that direction.

Ferocious Banger

As far as I'm aware, there's going to be some sort of 'Like' feature in V2 or V1.5, if possible. The current software is just too unstable to support such a system right now, so I guess you'll have to wait until the upgradation.

Thanks to you and to everyone else above for expressing your thoughts and opinions. smile.gif

But the question below is specifically for you,Girish:

"Can you give us more insights about the changes this site will see after the new software comes to the fore?"

Thanks in advance smile.gif

Edited by Ferocious Banger

Girish
"Can you give us more insights about the changes this site will see after the new software comes to the fore?"

I can't. And I'm certain the other staff members hardly know anything either. Majority of the details are with Tank, so you'll only know when V2 actually comes out.

Ferocious Banger

I can't. And I'm certain the other staff members hardly know anything either. Majority of the details are with Tank, so you'll only know when V2 actually comes out.

Ah, okay man..Thanks.But any idea about atleast when the V2 will roll out?

Or should I pm Tank? Will the founder of the site even reply to a measly member like me?

Girish

V2 is a long, long way off. There's really not much point in talking about it right now.

Anyways, I think we're done here. Your suggestions definitely won't be implemented in the current system, so you'll have to wait until something better comes along.