Insects

crazycooky

I don't know if this is a big deal to other people, but I thought of something that would make GTA V feel more realistic. Crickets! That's right, crickets! I think that when you're going through the countryside (most likely at night) you should hear crickets! And maybe around a pond, swamp, or lake, you hear frogs and other insects. (I know a frog is not an insect) And maybe even fireflys! I guess what I'm saying is, they should add more insects! I think something like that, would make the countryside feel that much more alive! So tell me what you think! colgate.gif

I completely agree OP! Excellent idea. It's also extremely easy to implement.

The more detail (whether it be visual, audible, or otherwise) the more immersive and captivating the environment is!

I completely agree OP! Excellent idea. It's also extremely easy to implement.

The more detail (whether it be visual, audible, or otherwise) the more immersive and captivating the environment is!

Exactly! happy.gif

Yeah, man. I want to see ants, ladybirds, flies, butterflies, dragonflies, bumblebees, crawlers, bees and all kinds of possible insects that live on the earth. sigh.gif I want to take a flamethrowers and kill all these bastards. tounge.gif

Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian

FortunateSon

Red Dead Redemption was actually pretty good with the insect detail. But in the suburbs I think there should be moths near lights and bumble bees in your garden.

Have you smelled a moths fart, my mother, it's like this grand scent that welcomes you to it's presence.

Paper Mario

Yeah! Like seeing fireflies around the swamp/lake. And other tiny insects. Especially like you said. Hearing tjirps from a cricker or croaks from of frog.

But if we hear any animal sounds I better be able to see them. Well atleast the big animals like bears, sheeps and wolfs etc...

Finn 7 five 11

I am sure there were insects in the trailer, I would like to hear frogs and crickets out in the wilderness, perhaps an odd one that makes a really strange slow croak.

Paper Mario
Kinda like the sounds in RDR, when you were out in the bush at night.

Yeah but that got really repetetive. I kept hearing the same sounds over and over. confused.gif

Along with said insects, I would like bigfoot and a serial killer to be lurking out in the countryside.

heh heh

Just noticed that I am now a "Crackhead". lmao

Totally agree with the OP, small details like adding insects is what makes a video game that extra bit special for me. I'd love to see more wild animals too, I noticed in the trailer that there was a dog so hopefully this means R* will include wild creatures too!

theworldfamous

IV has flies swarming around garbage bins.. it's just animated texture attached to it, but a nice detail nonetheless.

ThisIsHorosho

nah not a big deal to me...it might be valuable to others but i just don't care...i would be too busy chasing someone and shooting my gun or opposite running from some being chased to notice such a small things...sure i wouldn't mind if insects were in the game, but i wouldn't be drama queen if they wouldn't put it in game...

Live is Life nana nana na...

CHECK THIS OUT

1- insects ( flies , butterfly's and moths , cockroaches , grasshoppers , firefly's and crickets ( at night ) , cicadas ( making sound in the day ), beetles and spiders on there webs )

2- mammals ( cats , dogs , maybe cows , horses and rabbits ) .

3- birds ( pigeons , eagles , seagulls , crows, other birds ( sound ), owls ( sound ) , chickens ( farms maybe ) and pet parrots and canary's ) .

4- reptiles ( lizards and snakes in pet shops maybe ) .

5- sea life ( fishes , turtles , dolphins , whales ( exhale water on distance ) ) .

no need for savage killers ( we are not playing big game hunter )

( this sh*t is mine tounge.gif )

Ugh animal lovers.. I'll squash and shoot them all even the kittens

user posted image

universetwisters

What if you enter your safehouse and theres a bunch of cockraoches everywhere. there should be a minigame where you have to find & kill all the cockroaches

sTgL5iS.png

Crying wolfs.

Well then they'd also have to have laughing octopuses, raging ravens and screaming mantises.

VercettiCrimeFamily

I don't think i'd pay attention to crickets while on GTA, my personal preference I always go on killing sprees

If Rockstar designs GTAV like RDR, which had insect sounds and some tiny flying specks that moved like insects, I think that would be fine, and would take hardly any processing. I suggest that the sounds and the insects and wildlife in general be less dense in GTAV than in RDR, but I would like to see all of these elements in GTAV.

In terms of flying insect density, So Cal is pretty much at the low end. There still are moths and flies, but since the region is so arid, it's nothing like the midwest or south US, with lakes and fields and big forests of green trees. If you have ever driven at night on the freeway in Florida, you can really get a census of the flying insect population on your windshield. So I assume that next gen HD Vice City will have a significant "bugs on the windshield" problem. sigh.gif

I would love it! biggrin.gif. Nice Idea!

Would bring a good feel to the ponds and wilderness at night. I know these aren't insects but how about Rats? And no I am not talking about the Ratman from GTA IV biggrin.gif .

ThisIsHorosho
What if you enter your safehouse and theres a bunch of cockraoches everywhere. there should be a minigame where you have to find & kill all the cockroaches

...i hope you're joking... bored.gif because if not then suicidal.gifturn.gif ...

Live is Life nana nana na...