The other Islands

jake14001

What will the other islands for V be? So far only LS has been confirmed, and that was the exact same story for SA. In the SA announcment, R* didn't say that SF or LV were going to be in the game. So what will the other cities be? What will they be based on? And how many will there be? Discuss.

I reckon LC will be split in 2 islands somehow, then countryside somehow seperated from both (only fractionally, but i mean how they will be unlocked)

Amunation4life

I'm hoping there will be more than just Los Santos, but all we know is what Rockstar have said, the game will be based in the city of Los Santos and surrounding areas. The only detail I have noticed is that car number plates on the trailers all show as San Andreas, which was more than just Los Santos the 1st time around, however it could mean nothing. I guess we have to just wait and see.

I'm happy either way, I just want another GTA no matter where its based I will love it!

I how there will will small islands dotted around Los Santos.. there surrounded by water & can only get to them by boat, swimming or a air vehicle.

I've always wanted something to be out in the water that surrounds each GTA city. Hopefully in V we will get some.

Also, when I say Los Santos is on all 3 island, I mean something like this:

user posted image

The white is city.

user posted image

The white is city.

Looks like theres a little too much countryside and I would get kind of bored inside a city surrounded by mountains.

The white is city.

Looks like theres a little too much countryside and I would get kind of bored inside a city surrounded by mountains.

I dont mind large empty country sides, especially when you've got jets.

Edited by Raynos

GANGSTA26-VERCETTI

There will be a small yet decent sized tourist island resembling that of Hawaii. It will be habitable by the citizens of los santos, with real-estate available for purchase by the protagonist. This island will be accessible via; boats, and small aircraft.

I can't help myself thinking...

every f*cking single GTA since 3 had various islands, (big) from 2 (only in VC) to 3 (for SA, III, IV)

i don't see how R* can't put 3 islands, or at least 2

when it's in GTA's DNA...

It may brake the trend but I think the city will be open from the start but the countryside be open later. It won't be islands like in past GTA games as it'll be all one island. That my opinion anyway.

I'd rather not have an island set-up this time around. It worked for Liberty City and Vice City because of the location of their real life counterparts did actually contain parts of the cities built on island.

As for Los Santos, it only makes sense to have the ocean at the left hand side of the map and hopefully the right hand side is land locked. Seeing how the game is based in only the southern part of a state, wouldn't it be weird for it to consist of just another group of islands?

Basically I hope V's map is similar to real life So Cal.

Who says there will be islands? We have seen mountain ranges, maybe it will be a mountain range wall.

They did a good job of breaking RDR into "islands" even though the map was, for the most part, landlocked. I'm sure the same concept would work in GTAV.

As for actual islands, I don't think we will see a GTA version of Hawaii that was mentioned earlier but probably Catalina and the Channel Islands.

ikillionaire ii

I want islands personally 2 large ones and hopefully 2 or 3 small (but bigger than bohan) islands not attached by bridge so accessible by boat/air or ferry (that way we can transport vehicles). And if they have a ferry make it roamable so we can wonder around rather than a cutscene, but have a skip journey option. I'm guessing if a ferry system was in putted people would want it to be drivable but wouldn't bother me too much.

Maybe 3-5 mins realtime to get there by ferry (considering how slow they are)

Hmm, landlocked could work well.

Anyone played The Saboteur?

If you left the map zone, you'd get the crap bombed out of you.

Now, in GTA V, make it impossible to drive up the hills but STILL possible to fly over.

Once you fly over, SAM missile would shoot you down. Could work well.

Shreddy Krueger
It may brake the trend but I think the city will be open from the start but the countryside be open later. It won't be islands like in past GTA games as it'll be all one island. That my opinion anyway.

Agreed. At least I hope it's like this. I'd love for a GTA game to have an entirely explorable map from the get-go. I don't need to have my hand held and slowly unravel more and more. Let me go at my own pace and see the entire world as I want to.

Let's just stick with islands this time on this gen cause that's more easier and believable and worry more about real life representations of LA on next gen when there is plenty of disc space to make it look like a country and geographically correct.

I mean in real life your hardly gonna get shot down flying from South California to North California or even into Nevada and who really wants to not be able to fly over mountain. It's only gonna end up being seriously retarded and annoying yeah fly up here oh no invisible barrier thrown into the mountain how realistic.

Land locking and impassible mountains is a terrible idea endless desert or water is better.

We are just gonna have to wake up and see islands is best on this gen people expect too much realism on this generation of consoles. Stop and worry about it all being geographically attached to the rest of the USA on next gen coz it's retarded and not realistic and just not possible on this gen.

I just hope the whole map is accessible from the start.

It doesnt make sense that with every GTA the city is locked down/blocked off.

Only wishful thinking..

Only wishful thinking..

It probably won't be all accesible from the start.

I wouldn't even want it, because then I might not be so interested in playing the story, if the reward wasn't unlocking new parts of the map biggrin.gif

WHere would be the surprise element?

Only wishful thinking..

It probably won't be all accesible from the start.

I wouldn't even want it, because then I might not be so interested in playing the story, if the reward wasn't unlocking new parts of the map biggrin.gif

WHere would be the surprise element?

Idk,

maybe you would have to do missions to get planes?

There could be alot of other features that would require you to do missions to unlock

Harwood Butch3r
I can't help myself thinking...

every f*cking single GTA since 3 had various islands, (big) from 2 (only in VC) to 3 (for SA, III, IV)

i don't see how R* can't put 3 islands, or at least 2

when it's in GTA's DNA...

Actually GTA IV has 4. Broker/Dukes, Bohan, Algonquin and Alderney. wink.gif

Let's just stick with islands this time on this gen cause that's more easier and believable and worry more about real life representations of LA on next gen when there is plenty of disc space to make it look like a country and geographically correct.

I mean in real life your hardly gonna get shot down flying from South California to North California or even into Nevada and who really wants to not be able to fly over mountain. It's only gonna end up being seriously retarded and annoying yeah fly up here oh no invisible barrier thrown into the mountain how realistic.

Land locking and impassible mountains is a terrible idea endless desert or water is better.

We are just gonna have to wake up and see islands is best on this gen people expect too much realism on this generation of consoles. Stop and worry about it all being geographically attached to the rest of the USA on next gen coz it's retarded and not realistic and just not possible on this gen.

It's not retarded and it's not unrealistic. I'm pretty sure this version of Los santos is sticking to a real life representation as Sam Houser said that's what they are trying to do with this current GTA universe.

Also, i'm pretty sure in post 9/11 America, it is very realistic to be shot down if you are in an unauthorized flight. That being said, endless desert is the ideal route to take.

MIKON8ERISBACK
I'm hoping there will be more than just Los Santos, but all we know is what Rockstar have said, the game will be based in the city of Los Santos and surrounding areas. The only detail I have noticed is that car number plates on the trailers all show as San Andreas, which was more than just Los Santos the 1st time around, however it could mean nothing. I guess we have to just wait and see.

I'm happy either way, I just want another GTA no matter where its based I will love it!

Although we cannot say that San Fierro and Las Venturas will be in the game, the debut trailer reveals that deserts exist, and because of this, it's more than likely that a handful of smaller towns will be seen in the game.

MIKON8ERISBACK

It's not retarded and it's not unrealistic. I'm pretty sure this version of Los santos is sticking to a real life representation as Sam Houser said that's what they are trying to do with this current GTA universe.

Also, i'm pretty sure in post 9/11 America, it is very realistic to be shot down if you are in an unauthorized flight. That being said, endless desert is the ideal route to take.

I would go for the island surrounded by the ocean. That way we can pretend that the game takes place on a fictional territory of the United States far out at sea.

My idea is a big island, and some little islands which some of this has another cities, some others just have nothing

user posted image

The little yellow things in the cities are the airports smile.gif

The size is huge, Los Santos is so big as Liberty City without Alderney

The size is huge, Los Santos is so big as Liberty City without Alderney

Well theres still gonna be a TON of space considering its supposed to be the BIGGEST game R* ever made, and GTA IV was tiny compared to others.