Size doesn't matter....

JStarr31

More interiors less useless buildings or 1:1 like LC if Los Santos is to be massive?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. More interiors less useless buildings or 1:1 like LC if Los Santos is to be massive?

• Yes; I wouldn't mind LS being smaller if it means almost everything can be entered
    • No; I want LS to be huge even if it means less interiors

The new screenshots got me thinking the other day. If Los Santos (by unfortunate chance) was to be a relatively small city, what if it was due to an addition of an enormous amount of interiors and such? Imagine Los Santos virtually completely enterable with a vast amount of highly detailed and interactive interiors. Meaning more safehouses, malls, airports, apartments, hospitals, Millay base(?), homes, stores/shops, clubs, landmarks, etc...etc... Would this suffice for a slightly smaller than expected Los Santos?

Your thoughts please....

Edited by JStarr31

R* isnt dumb, its time for something f*cking HUGE. They will give it tons of detail

How about this, LS is massive and there are more interiors because R* knows we cried for more interiors?

user posted image

I wouldn't mind a smaller map of a ton of things were enterable. If they're going for realism then a city with a ton of explorable buildings is the answer. I'll be disappointed if the city is basically just prop buildings that you move around and nothing else

How about this, LS is massive and there are more interiors because R* knows we cried for more interiors?

True; but how long would that take? right now if R* takes any longer, Zee is going to fly a Shamal into their building....

True; but how long would that take? right now if R* takes any longer, Zee is going to fly a Shamal into their building....

R* has had a long time to make a map though, I'm sure it all just needs to polished.

Anyways, I picked interiors, because GTA 4's interiors were nice and detailed and I'd love to see more of them.

I'm sure GTA V will be big and have lots of interiors though.

user posted image

BlackandWhite23

NOO not this sh*t again bored.gif This thread is going south for sure turn.gif

i would like it 50 50 i want to see more interiors but not too many that the map size would be compromised

I wouldn't mind a smaller map of a ton of things were enterable. If they're going for realism then a city with a ton of explorable buildings is the answer. I'll be disappointed if the city is basically just prop buildings that you move around and nothing else

This is what I agree to also. Why not do it? I feel like in MP3 they worked on interior lighting for a reason monocle.gif

I wouldn't mind a smaller map of a ton of things were enterable.  If they're going for realism then a city with a ton of explorable buildings is the answer.  I'll be disappointed if the city is basically just prop buildings that you move around and nothing else

This is what I agree to also. Why not do it? I feel like in MP3 they worked on interior lighting for a reason monocle.gif

Exactly, and it doesn't have to be much, only like a simple layout. A fully furnished mansion in every building would be bit much but still, more explorable buildings it a good thing imo

Damn the way everyone picked LS to be huge with less interiors makes me wonder lol.gif

If Vice City was chosen instead of Los Santos, would you guys complain it was too small? lol

I just want it to be at least two times bigger than LC (Including Alderney). More interiors would be nice and all but I don't think they would spend much time to randomly build so many diverse interiors all across LS just for the sake of having interiors. a couple of enterable shops and corner stores would be nice. Like they had in SA.

Not happening,

you can tell in the screenshots how the buildings windows have blured light like in IV, which all of them with that were unenterable.

Case closed.

mooonlights

Who cares about interiors when you can spend your time flying around a huge map...

Personally I care about interiors and I know there will be more anyways because so many people cried for them in GTA V. But I really want a living city with lots of landmarks and stuff that makes a city a city. Those extra buildings aren't useless, it adds to the environment. And having a huge LS(every neighborhood will have many different buildings like in Liberty City/Alderney) really just makes everything feel better than if the map was small. I'd get bored of the city quicker if it was small.

But in reality, LS does look big and there looks like there will be more interiors anyway.

Edit: Of course not all buildings can be entered, I mean not every building will have an interior.

Edited by Zulu2065
user posted image

Judging by the screen shots it looks like a lot of buildings are already just props. Which sucks because if you want a realistic game then you should be able to go into a building. Lmao.

Judging by the screen shots it looks like a lot of buildings are already just props. Which sucks because if you want a realistic game then you should be able to go into a building. Lmao.

LOL. do you go into every single building in your city?

Finn 7 five 11
Who cares about interiors when you can spend your time flying around a huge map...

Exactly, i loved San Andreas and it didn't have that many interiors, i would take San Andreas over Vice City (for the map) anyday even if Vice City had more interiors.

I don't really care that much for interiors to be totally honest.

LOL biggrin.gif exactly. And anyway, because of rendering limits, total design time and diminishing returns on designing hundreds of interiors that may never get seen, it just isn't practical, espeically for the huge skyscrapers (though I would hope to have access to a couple of them if possible).

Since we can't have everything, I would rather see the polygons and the design time used to create a huge countryside area, and keep the number of interiors about the same as we have seen in past games.

Now in an ideal world, I would agree with more interiors and even "all interiors." I imagined such a game many years ago and I knew then I would have to wait for it a long time. Maybe in next gen consoles, which hopefully will be able to sling 10x to 50x the number of polygons of present consoles, plus robot designers that create diverse interior designs automatically, we can have that ideal world.

Na. But I'm saying that GTA IV had a lifeless sense to it, nothing but buildings that you couldn't even enter.

Bellic 4 life

No, Zee would buy GTA V, take it out of the case, and throw the case into the trash, film it, then take the case out of the garbage, and take it home.

Na. But I'm saying that GTA IV had a lifeless sense to it, nothing but buildings that you couldn't even enter.

i disagree i thought it was the most life like city I've ever seen in a game and to this date. (Saints Row 3 got nothing on IV). To me its not about entering buildings.

If a girl told you that size doesn't matter.. then she was nicely saying that you have a small wiener.

Ofcourse size matters, I would love a large map, but I dont want the interiors to be over done.

Really, whats the point of having extremely details interiors if it means that the map would be tiny?

I'd like a balance between the two, I dont mind repeated textures for interiors.

Well.. I want a big city. At least the size of Liberty City and then the countryside can be any size for all I care. I just want a big metropolis to play in. Nothing far-fetched, just something that really feels like your in a sprawling big city in Los Santos (as LA is in real life). But more detail is a little bit important than size. As long as the detail in the city is great, even if the map is small I'll be good to go though.

If the city feels repetitive as in textures I won't be happy, even if its big or small. IV's Liberty could have done a lot more in that department, but it narrowly escaped in being a boring city (texture wise) in my book.

Los Santos doesn't look small to me, it just looks condensed. But I have my doubts because from the helicopter screenshot, it looks like South Central is extremely condensed which has me worried. dozingoff.gif Once we see something about the countryside, and get exposed to the map a little more I think we'll be able to decypher truly if Los Santos + it's countryside has a good balance between them or whether it doesn't.

For Example I think Liberty City in square miles was roughly 6 square miles if I'm not mistaken. If Los Santos is the same size as Liberty and the countryside is at least 1 and a half the size of Los Santos, I'll be fine. But let's say Los Santos is smaller than Liberty City at 4 square miles and the countryside is triple the size. I won't be exactly fine with that.

As for the interiors, I don't think there will be a game this Gen that has the almost all the buildings in a city being enterable for a sandbox game. Especially one like GTA. If they keep up the same enterable interiors from IV and add just a couple more in strategically placed locations for you to hold out in an all out gunfight with the cops I'll be cool.

Lastly, what if R* is hiding a city from us? Such as San Diego? The most far-fetched are Las Venturas and San Fierro, but hey what else is there but hope?

Edited by KrushLTx10

mooonlights

I think the 'smaller' should be GTA III / Vice City small. That would really discourage people.

I don't care about interiors. Can't drive a sports car up the stairs to the bedroom. If you want that play max Payne.

user posted image

Every interior would then need a purpose of some sort. Also, apartments in apartment buildings should be enterable, whether by force or not.

It's almost as important as a large map, but that's why I voted for a larger map over interiors. I don't think R* have enough resources or dedication to give each interior meaning anyway.

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

Interiors don't really matter to me. Though I did enjoy all of the random tenement interiors, I never really used them except for climbing. What Rockstar should do is fix the fire escapes so we can jump use the ladders on them, or grab on to more parts of them.

Interiors don't really matter to me. Though I did enjoy all of the random tenement interiors, I never really used them except for climbing. What Rockstar should do is fix the fire escapes so we can jump use the ladders on them, or grab on to more parts of them.

lol your signature always cracks me up.